Saintly Humor

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eucharisted
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Lord said to Saint Gertude:

Come, My beloved repose on My Heart, and see if My anxious love will permit you to rest without anxiety

Read her revelations here (they will deepen your faith) The Lord speaks very highly of the saint, but He explains why He dose this.
 
As Gertrude prayed for a person with special affection, and said to Our Lord, “Hear me, O loving Lord, according to the sweetness of Thy paternal love, for her whom I pray,” Our Lord answered: I usually hear when you pray for her.
 
A Franciscan and a Jesuit were arguing about whose order was better. Finding no answer, they asked God for a sign. A small piece of paper fluttered down from the heavens. It read:

My sons,

Argue not over such trivial matters. Focus on serving Me.

All my love,
God, O.P.
 
Thanks to everyone for posting these! I’ve had a right proper laugh the last few minutes. :rotfl: :rotfl:

This happened to me. I’ve had some really low points in my life, and I was at my lowest almost a year ago, so I ended up praying that I wouldn’t wake up in the morning. Well, the next morning, I woke up at exactly 12:00:00 (I looked at my watch the very first thing). I cracked up so hard that I had tears streaming down my face. Thing started looking up at that point, and I’ve never done this well in my life. 😃 Humor is great medicine!

God Bless!
Ericka
 
Thanks to everyone for posting these! I’ve had a right proper laugh the last few minutes. :rotfl: :rotfl:

This happened to me. I’ve had some really low points in my life, and I was at my lowest almost a year ago, so I ended up praying that I wouldn’t wake up in the morning. Well, the next morning, I woke up at exactly 12:00:00 (I looked at my watch the very first thing). I cracked up so hard that I had tears streaming down my face. Thing started looking up at that point, and I’ve never done this well in my life. 😃 Humor is great medicine!

God Bless!
Ericka
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Doesn’t God have an awesome sense of humor? I’ve been on the receiving end of it myself a few times. 😃
 
A Franciscan and a Jesuit were arguing about whose order was better. Finding no answer, they asked God for a sign. A small piece of paper fluttered down from the heavens. It read:

My sons,

Argue not over such trivial matters. Focus on serving Me.

All my love,
God, O.P.
Reminds me of a funny story about a man in church, searching for God. He didn’t like the people or the music of the Mass, both disgusting, so he went out to find God. He seatched high and low, here and there, but could not find anything good or honorable or pleasing. So he went back to the church, disappointed, and suddenly the Lord said to him from within the Tabernacle: “Who are you searching for?” The man replied, “The Lord.” Then the Lord said, “I’ve been here the whole time.”
 
A man comes to confession

He tells the priest: “Father, I got angry and I swore”
Priest: What happened

Man: I was playing golf and I hit a really bad shot into the rough
Priest: And this is when you swore?

Man: No father: Then a squirrel grabbed my ball and ran off with it.
Priest: And this is when you swore?

Man No father, then a hawk came down and grabbed the squirrel and flew off with it
Priest: And this is when you swore?

Man: No father, the squirrel dropped the ball, it hit a branch, hopped over the sand trap and ended up 8 inches from the hole.
Priest: You missed the putt.
 
Some of us have already shared funny stories of things that have happened in our own lives… (future saints, right! :rolleyes: ). Ok… here’s another one that happened to me… just this past Saturday.

Saturday was a very rainy day. I took my mom, and we went to Confession. The ground outside was very wet… and so, the bottoms of my sandals were slick.

Standing in line, waiting for my turn… I prayed a “Before Confession” prayer, which is in my little prayer book. The wording of the prayer, asks God for humility and atonement for sins.

As I was standing there… I slid my wet sandal over the marble floor… and out came a “quiet shattering” sound… which was not only eye opening… but embarrassing. To put it as delicately as I can… it sounded as though I had “broken wind”. :rotfl:

As I stood there, not knowing what to do (for I was certain that the people in line believed I had made a rude sound)… I began to chuckle to myself, about how QUICKLY God had answered my prayer asking for humility AND atonement. :blushing:

Be careful whatcha ask for. 😉 Because He IS listening! 😃 And He DOES have a sense of humor! :rotfl:

God bless.
 
:rotfl:

LOL MarieVeronica! Sometimes when we get what we pray for, we learn that God can be rip-roaringly funny!
 
Sometimes when we get what we pray for, we learn that God can be rip-roaringly funny!
SO TRUE, Beckymarie. lol!!!

And I just thought of ANOTHER demonstration of God’s sense of humor! So help me, I am not making these up! But something else happened to us, the next day on the way to Sunday Mass. (side note: is it a coincidence, that many of these things have happened to us on the way to Church?).

We were driving along… and I noticed that the “trunk light” was ON… meaning, that I had neglected to shut the trunk of the car. Well… I immediately started to worry because my mother’s wheelchair and walker are IN the trunk! I could envision them getting bounced out onto the road.

So, I started to pray out loud… “Please Lord, don’t let anything fall out of the trunk. Please Lord, we’re almost there!”.

Before we went another 100 yards, we drove over a bump in the road… the car went “KER-PLUNK”… I heard the trunk slam shut, and the “trunk light” went OFF!!!

I was like… :eek: Nooooooooo waaaaaaaay.

And my mom and I both leaned forward at the same time, looked up through the windshield and said… “THANK YOU, LORD”.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
 
I’m not sure if Luke meant to be funny when he wrote in his* Acts of the Apostles* that according to Peter, the apostles couldn’t possibly be drunk because it was only the morning (Acts 2, 15) but it sure made me laugh.
That always cracks me up. I’m bummed they omit it from the Gospel reading!! Shows you that some things don’t change :).
 
I still think the funniest story in the Bible hands down would have to be Balaam and his poor old a*s. Here God performs a miracle and lets a donkey, for the first and only time (probably) in human history, speak, and what does it do? It tells its owner off for beating it up! Take that, abusive animal-owners everywhere!
 
I still think the funniest story in the Bible hands down would have to be Balaam and his poor old a*s. Here God performs a miracle and lets a donkey, for the first and only time (probably) in human history, speak, and what does it do? It tells its owner off for beating it up! Take that, abusive animal-owners everywhere!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
 
Not a saint joke, but a clean joke.

An Italian cardinal is sent to observe how the Church is faring in America.

He travels first to Boston where the ArchBishop takes him to a beautiful cathedral and as they are touring it the cardinal notices a small room with a red telephone in it. The Archbishop explains that this the phone where one can call God.

The Cardinal then travels to Chicago and find the same thing.

He then travels to Houston and sees something similar except it is a plain black phone. When he asks, he is told:
“Your eminence, you are in Texas now. It’s a local call”
Ha this is so true! Pride? just kidding!

-sincerely Houstonian-
 
We do call Texas, God’s country.
**Hi Deacon, 👋

Do you think there was a joke of some kind there? You and I know where God’s Throne is located don’t we? 😃

I saw a sign the other day, it said: Need Help? Call Jesus 555-5555. Intrigued I dialed the number the Mexican who answered said “¿Hola, Este es Jesús, puedo ayudarle?” :rotfl:

I just wanted to invite you to a lighthearted Thread I just started asking about Humor in Catholicism. Come and see what you think! I didn’t know of this thread when I started the other one!

Click On: Is There Humor in Catholicism

We should also have humor in our hearts and lives! 👍

God Bless

**
 
**Hi Friends, 👋

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused his dentist’s Novocain during root canal work? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

A little girl became restless as the sermon dragged on and on. Finally, she leaned over to her mother and whispered, “Mommy, if we give him the money now, will he let us go?”**
 
He’s also alleged to have said on the scaffold as he moved his beard out of the way of the executioner’s axe, “My beard hath not committed treason”. More from (St Thomas) More here: thomasmorestudies.org/quotes.html

St Philip Neri was tired of being regarded as a saint so when people came to see him in his ‘nedo’ (nest i.e. room) he would say “Come in” and they’d find him reading a book of childish jokes. He also shaved half of his face, leaving the other half with stubble when going to an important meeting- so people would think he was an idiot!
that is HILARIOUSSSS. If I remember reading somewhere, St. Philip is regarded as quite the humorous saint. does anyone know any more instances?

my friend told me this story about a Mass she attended. The priest was telling a joke in his homily. it was about some girl in the woods and was about to be attacked by a bear. she prayed to God, saying, “Please, Lord, let this be a Catholic bear!” or something. God said yes. The bear stopped, and then suddenly did the Sign of the Cross and said, “Bless us O Lord and these thy gifts…” Then at the concecration (of the Mass), the priest, accidentally said, Bless us O Lord…

I always thought it was funny how Peter (in the gospel of John, when Jesus had resurrected and gone to the shore where His disciples were fishing) jumped off the boat “scantily clad” to reach Jesus, then John comments that the boat was close to shore anyway.

And how John wrote about how Peter was slower than him in reaching the tomb. hah!

there’s quite a lot of humor in the Bible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top