Second presidential debate will be virtual, commission says

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for anyone filming and prepping the president.

I wonder if Chris Christie’s been released from the hospital?

Trump says he won’t participate in next debate after commission announces it will be virtual​

Washington (CNN) - President Donald Trump said Thursday that he will not participate in the second presidential debate with Joe Biden after the Commission on Presidential Debates said the event will be held virtually in the wake of the President’s positive coronavirus diagnosis.

“I am not going to do a virtual debate,” Trump said on Fox Business. “I am not going to waste my time on a virtual debate.”

Trump’s comment throws into question the second debate after the commission took the significant steep to wholly remake the contest between the two candidates. The move was seen as needed by members of the debate commission given the uncertainty around the President’s health.
@PaulinVA - the story in the link you posted has been updated. I’d consider updating the thread title.

Last edited:
Still does not answer the question.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Who cares? What I mean is at this late stage very few if any people at all will be swayed. It’s just made for TV circus antics much like Jerry Springer

Bill Stepien, Trump’s campaign manager, accused the commission on Thursday of “unilaterally canceling an in-person debate” to help Biden and said the President will be holding a rally instead of attending the debate. A Biden campaign adviser told CNN they also learned Thursday morning about the commission’s announcement.

Taint dat da truth.

TRUMP:

“I beat him easily in the first debate … I’m not going to do a virtual debate. I’m not going to waste my time on a virtual debate – that’s not what debating is all about, you sit behind a computer and do a debate – it’s ridiculous. And then they cut you off whenever they want.”

Last edited:
Que sera sera … whatever will be, will be. These debates aren’t really debates and don’t illuminate much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back