Second presidential debate will be virtual, commission says

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was specifically mentioning the drug card. Was that not clear?
Oh. Worried about trifles and ignoring the big spending, though, aren’t you? And there’s nothing in those blog contributions connecting Trump’s name to any of it.

Weren’t you the same guy with the wild conspiracy theory four years ago that the DNC chair was feeding Clinton the questions before debates? (I’d put a smiley face here if I knew how).

I honestly don’t remember. But it did turn out to be true, didn’t it? There is no reason to think there won’t be a repeat with Biden and every reason to think there will be. Add teleprompters to that and Biden’s presentation ought to be letter-perfect.

Frankly, I’m more concerned with brazen attempts to buy votes with my tax money.
There is some program with a name similar to “Farmers to Families” that was used to send surplus food to struggling familes. Trump made a requirement that food boxes include a letter from him.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

There is some program with a name similar to “Farmers to Families” that was used to send surplus food to struggling familes. Trump made a requirement that food boxes include a letter from him.
That’s probably the one that I saw a lot of food banks are removing.

So, exactly what facts did they get wrong in that article?
The very first sentence, for example. They characterized his statement as “sexist”. Nowhere in the remainder of the article is there any citation of a “sexist” statement. (Of course, maybe CNN thinks anything said negatively about a woman is “sexist” if she’s a Democrat) And, of course, they didn’t repeat much of what he said. They just characterized it the way they wanted it to seem.

Last edited:
That’s probably the one that I saw a lot of food banks are removing.
Low end if so. Is there not supposed to be any communication in them? If you read the letter it’s an uplifting message that if Biden had said it, would have been praised to the skies.

There might be some vanity involved in it, but it’s hardly unusual. And people who receive food packages are not generally voters at all, let alone Republican voters.

Yes. Free college, loan forgiveness, free healthcare, none of that is “buying” votes.

Yes. Free college, loan forgiveness, free healthcare, none of that is “buying” votes.
Interesting points.

But, one (Free drug card) is tangible and one is promised. There is a difference there, isn’t ithere?

Last edited:
i am saying Bidens people will have prepared answers to most every question they can think up ready to put up on a prompter to keep him on script and to prevent him from losing his train of thought.
Can we get Trump’s people to do this? If anything could keep him on track, it would be a great blessing.

Or is the issue that Trump is seen by his supporters to shine through his boisterous, over-the-top behavior and constant interruptions which could be tamped down in a virtual debate?

Some would claim these are just aims for a just society. The Church has spoken about the right of accessible healthcare for all people.

The Church has? When? (Honest question.) Can you point me to some relevant documents?

Some would claim these are just aims for a just society. The Church has spoken about the right of accessible healthcare for all people.
Many things are. Of course, there is the problem of scarcity of resources and issues of distribution. Imagine how healthcare could be improved in Mogadishu if medical personnel could go there without being killed like the intended providers of food were.

A lady told me she was doing well on her new cancer therapy. Fortunately, she had Medicare because the cost was $40,000/month. Not all resources are as easy to provide as it is to talk about them.

The Church has not, of course, described what “accessible healthcare” means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back