Second presidential debate will be virtual, commission says

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise here. It is much easier to set up the prompter off camera to feed him answers and talking points when you are not on a stage.
Weā€™ll be happy to see your proof of that plan.

iā€™m not saying the debate moderator will feed answers. i am saying Bidens people will have prepared answers to most every question they can think up ready to put up on a prompter to keep him on script and to prevent him from losing his train of thought.

iā€™m not saying the debate moderator will feed answers. i am saying Bidens people will have prepared answers to most every question they can think up ready to put up on a prompter to keep him on script and to prevent him from losing his train of thought.
You are saying that with absolutely no facts. None whatsoever.

If you do, love to see them.

No surprise here. It is much easier to set up the prompter off camera to feed him answers and talking points when you are not on a stage.
^^^^^ 1000000 over. If I was Trump I wouldnā€™t agree to a virtual debate with Biden either. The only way is if some of Trump campaign staff could be in the room to ensure Biden was not being fed the answers.

Virtual debate is further tilting the debate table in favor of Biden. Itā€™s bad enough we have a very pro-Biden moderator. Now theyā€™re busy changing the rules on top of that.

First, itā€™s a lot easier to cut an audio feed.

Second, as posited above, itā€™s a lot easier to feed Biden the correct answers when he doesnā€™t have to be in the physical presence of any opponents.

Only way this could work is if no one cuts off audio feeds and if both campaigns are given the opportunity to place people in the other candidateā€™s room at a social distance in order to monitor that the opposition party candidates arenā€™t being fed their answers.

Of course Biden will not agree to that.

First, itā€™s a lot easier to cut an audio feed.
Uhm, thatā€™s the point.
Second, as posited above, itā€™s a lot easier to feed Biden the correct answers when he doesnā€™t have to be in the physical presence of any opponents.
Just made up. Totally made up.

WASHINGTON (AP) ā€” President Donald Trumpā€™s campaign is proposing delaying the two remaining presidential debates by one week to ensure the debates can take place in-person, rather than virtually, after Trumpā€™s coronavirus diagnosis.

The Commission on Presidential Debate announced Thursday that next weekā€™s town hall debate in Miami would be held virtually because of Trump had the virus. The president immediately objected to that format, and he said he wouldnā€™t take part.

Trumpā€™s campaign manager Bill Stepien says in a statement that the ā€œAmerican people should not be deprived of the chance to see the two candidates for president debate face to face two more timesā€ before the election.

Oh. CNN. A biased source that doesnā€™t even say what was supposed to be ā€œsexistā€.

But on a more practical note, I donā€™t blame Trump. I know lawyers who will not agree to video depositions of adverse parties because of the hazard of coaching on the other end of the line. Itā€™s easy to do.
I agree.

Just interjecting reality here.

Do you actually think that wherever Biden is, there wonā€™t be debate organizers and his normal press pool? Do you think heā€™s going to be alone in his basement or something?

Do you really believe that? Seriously?

Thereā€™s a conspiracy for every occasion?
Not necessarily, but itā€™s a pretty good guess. The choices of moderators tell us the commission is at least largely biased for Biden. Mainstream media people are all for Biden. It doesnā€™t take a conspiracy. It only takes political preference and a determination that your candidate will prevail.

It doesnā€™t take a conspiracy. It only takes political preference and a determination that your candidate will prevail.
So, reporters see a teleprompter screen and donā€™t mention it in their stories? That isnā€™t a credible claim. The Biden campaign would hope all reporters would be silent about the teleprompter? Nah.

So, reporters see a teleprompter screen and donā€™t mention it in their stories? That isnā€™t a credible claim. The Biden campaign would hope all reporters would be silent about the teleprompter? Nah.
Oh, easily. For one thing, if youā€™re on the opposite side of the screen, you canā€™t tell what, if anything, is on it. But all one has to do is listen to the MSM to realize they all say the same thing. They even use the same terminology a good part of the time. The part with the text only has to be out of sight of non-friendly parties there (of whom there would be none anyway)

And do you really think any of them is going to go searching for a screen set up so only Biden can see it?

Last edited:
And do you really think any of them is going to go searching for a screen set up so only Biden can see it?
Okay, youā€™re moving the debate now. First it was a teleprompter that no one would mention. Now youā€™re saying reporters wouldnā€™t be able to see the screen so they wouldnā€™t mention it.

I donā€™t get it. Why do you have to say that Biden canā€™t formulate answers?

Frankly, Iā€™m more concerned with brazen attempts to buy votes with my tax money.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

I never said Biden canā€™t formulate answers. And Iā€™m not ā€œmoving the debateā€. There are a number of ways a prompter could be set up to aid a candidate.
Frankly, Iā€™m more concerned with brazen attempts to buy votes with my tax money.
You mean like Bidenā€™s promises of free tuition, free childcare, housing assistance, and free healthcare?

Or perhaps you mean things like highway signs telling people this construction was built with the 2009 stimulus package money, or the free computers provided to virtually every high school in the country compliments of Barack Obama with your money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back