sexuality

  • Thread starter Thread starter benjie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
is? or the Pope, his earthly connection is? time after time i see modern issues being retaliated on using 1995+ year old teachings that have and still are interpreted in many different ways to suit different factions of religion. Like-contraception is wrong, so the catholic church gives an anti-condom stance-increasing HIV infection,bleating “well they shouldnt be having sex anyway”-get real!
 
is? or the Pope, his earthly connection is? time after time i see modern issues being retaliated on using 1995+ year old teachings that have and still are interpreted in many different ways to suit different factions of religion. Like-contraception is wrong, so the catholic church gives an anti-condom stance-increasing HIV infection,bleating “well they shouldnt be having sex anyway”-get real!
What is your standard? Is murder now ok because the teaching is old? Why is it logical to claim some things are now morally good that were bad? What is your yardstick for claiming the moral law, and God, change with time?
 
is? or the Pope, his earthly connection is? time after time i see modern issues being retaliated on using 1995+ year old teachings that have and still are interpreted in many different ways to suit different factions of religion. Like-contraception is wrong, so the catholic church gives an anti-condom stance-increasing HIV infection,bleating “well they shouldnt be having sex anyway”-get real!
Yes GOD IS always RIGHT!!!
Contracpetion is wrong…and condoms do not help STOp the spread of Aids…one of those African countries did an abstinece only program and guess what they did better in stopping the spread of Aids than those countires that handed out condoms:p
 
is? or the Pope, his earthly connection is? time after time i see modern issues being retaliated on using 1995+ year old teachings that have and still are interpreted in many different ways to suit different factions of religion. Like-contraception is wrong, so the catholic church gives an anti-condom stance-increasing HIV infection,bleating “well they shouldnt be having sex anyway”-get real!
Most of the post presented were in response to your original post, please refer to it, and I think in the spirit of Christian charity. IMHO, you did not receive the answer you wanted and you would not consider the fact that many of the answers provided quoted scriptures, inspired by the Holy Spirit, not man. If, in fact, you do not accept scripture (Old and New Testament) and Catholic teachings, why seek confirmation on your beliefs in a Catholic and Answer forum. The debate will center on those that believe and those that don’t; not on “Truth” as defined by the Church. I don’t think that most question your ability to “Love” outside the doctrine, but if that “Love” is acceptable to the doctrine. Christ presented his Word to guide us to eternal life. Our life on earth is so short compared to eternal life. We all share in the sufferings of our cross. If we accept our cross and the teachings of the Church, we are united with Christ’s suffering on the cross.
 
When we use the CCC our arguments are not directed to the homosexual but the ACTS they take part in!! We are not followers of Christ if we say sure, let them do what they want. We are not doing our duty as Christians. Practicing Catholics are only reiterating God’s warning about the issue. Why some people are born homosexual, no one really knows, but I honestly think it is a cross for them to bear. It they bear it well their reward in heaven will be far greater than anything they could imagine!! Abstain from the acts in this life and ENJOY eternity with our Lord!!!

Also, i posted this link on another thread but it gives a lot of great argumments as to why homosexuality must not invade the traditional family. However, take note it goes more in depth to gay marriage.nogaymarriage.com/tenarguments.asp

Peace Be with you all,

Regis University Student
 
benjie,

In your original post, you were asking about where in the Bible it says that homosexual is wrong.

You were provided by quotes from Bible, but I think your anger is so great that you do not want to accept it.

I feel sorry for you that you were in the wrong hand and that they should’ve had you examed for any illness. In Catholics, we suppose to do that first to rule out any illness.

Let’s accept the fact that the group of people who had helped you was wrong. One group that was wrong, it does not mean the entire church is wrong. In your family, how many times you think your brother, sister, or even parents were wrong? Does it ever make you to abandon your own family?

If I were you, I would thank the Lord that your illness was not caused by any demonic but just a physical illness. Being obssessed by demons is far worse than just a breakdown.

If you don’t thank the Lord for that and keep trying to convince yourself that homosexual activities are ok, then and then you are so tricked by demons.

Maybe you should think if being angry really solves anything in live?

One lesson I’ve learned in my life is that if I want to prove myself right, I will never get it by proving someone else wrong! On the other hand, I should first try to prove I am wrong by proving others are right in Jesus’s love - I’ve found it easier.
 
I have a couple questions here benjie.
You claim you are recovering from a 6 month breakdown - in your 1st post.
When I look at your profile, it says you only converted to The Catholic Church 6 months ago. How’s that? :hmmm:
I also see in your profile that you list your job or profession as “Catholic worker”. What type of Catholic work do you do?
And, if you do not want to abide by God’s law, why did you join The Church, work for The Church, and stay in The Church?
 
I have a couple questions here benjie.
You claim you are recovering from a 6 month breakdown - in your 1st post.
When I look at your profile, it says you only converted to The Catholic Church 6 months ago. How’s that? :hmmm:
I also see in your profile that you list your job or profession as “Catholic worker”. What type of Catholic work do you do?
And, if you do not want to abide by God’s law, why did you join The Church, work for The Church, and stay in The Church?
Right-without being affected by your unbelieving tone matey (as if I needed to lie?)-answer 1)-go back to my profile-check the joining date, and do the math-from the profile-check posts and dates and then come back to me with (possibly) an apology. I am now, unemployed, as obviously cannot do the work i did before the breakdown. I joined the church because i was told that all my problems would be cured-to dive headlong into a new life in jesus would purge me and make me new-plus countless other things. Now-I try to find a way back to civilisation and a life. if you think im looking for sympathy-dont, cause I aint-was just trying to let you know what harm can be done in the name of god.
 
Right-without being affected by your unbelieving tone matey (as if I needed to lie?)-answer 1)-go back to my profile-check the joining date, and do the math-from the profile-check posts and dates and then come back to me with (possibly) an apology. I am now, unemployed, as obviously cannot do the work i did before the breakdown. I joined the church because i was told that all my problems would be cured-to dive headlong into a new life in jesus would purge me and make me new-plus countless other things. Now-I try to find a way back to civilisation and a life. if you think im looking for sympathy-dont, cause I aint-was just trying to let you know what harm can be done in the name of god.
and once again this was NO catholic church that you joined…I do think that several posters have pointed this out to you
 
Now-I try to find a way back to civilisation and a life.
Where do you go to find civilization? When you posted questions here, you got answers. When you knew there was your answer in the Bible, you chose to ignore it.
 
is? or the Pope, his earthly connection is? time after time i see modern issues being retaliated on using 1995+ year old teachings that have and still are interpreted in many different ways to suit different factions of religion. Like-contraception is wrong, so the catholic church gives an anti-condom stance-increasing HIV infection,bleating “well they shouldnt be having sex anyway”-get real!
A condom fails an average of about 15% of the time - for people with HIV, I’d say that’s akin to Russian roulette. The people with HIV who are having unrestricted sex probably don’t give a hoot what the Church is saying about this anyway because if they did, they wouldn’t be having sex and infecting others in the first place. Many African males culturally find it acceptable to have multiple partners (despite being married) - the church is trying to change that promicuous attitude with it’s teachings and ultimately that sort of catechesis is the only thing that will turn this problem around.
 
Let’s look at a few things. In utero, as far as I remember boys start off as girls. Even as adults men can get such womenly diseases as breast cancer. If this is the case why is it so hard to believe that a chemical makeup in the brain can cause a male to be attracted to other males? Likewise with females. Why should we make them live such lonely isolated lives as to not have affection with anyone? Shouldn’t we encourage monogamous partnerships for thos who cannot practice celibacy? After all that is what we do on the heterosexual side.
 
Why should we make them live such lonely isolated lives as to not have affection with anyone? Shouldn’t we encourage monogamous partnerships for thos who cannot practice celibacy? After all that is what we do on the heterosexual side.
I do not think anyone posted their personal opinions . I think most attempted to post Holy Scripture and Church teachings. Why should we live by the commandments of God and Holy Scripture? To earn eternal life with Christ. God put his blessings on marriage; for man and woman as a sacrament. He also said it was good. The WORD of God condemned Homosexuality, not man. The Church cannot teach otherwise.
 
Let’s look at a few things. In utero, as far as I remember boys start off as girls. Even as adults men can get such womenly diseases as breast cancer. If this is the case why is it so hard to believe that a chemical makeup in the brain can cause a male to be attracted to other males? Likewise with females. Why should we make them live such lonely isolated lives as to not have affection with anyone? Shouldn’t we encourage monogamous partnerships for thos who cannot practice celibacy? After all that is what we do on the heterosexual side.
Men DO have breasts and breast tissue - its not an exclusively female thing as a womb would be.

And I imagine in a fair number of cases homosexuality MAY be genetically influenced. Most likely it’s only a partial influence. Just as someone can have genes which predispose them to breastcancer, short stature or alcoholism.

Environmental factors (diet and nutrition, access to alcohol) determine whether and to what degree these tendencies actually come to fruition.

Genetic predisposition to a particular behaviour may make it less sinful, doesn’t remove entirely the obligation not to sin however.
 
I joined the church because i was told that all my problems would be cured-to dive headlong into a new life in jesus would purge me and make me new-plus countless other things. Now-I try to find a way back to civilisation and a life. if you think im looking for sympathy-dont, cause I aint-was just trying to let you know what harm can be done in the name of god.
Hey, thanks for letting all us misguided Catholic’s know! We will take it under advisement!👍
 
I agree that homosexual behavior is against the Bible and Church teaching but I do sense an unnecessary hatred of gays in general and I believe the Church spends to much time on what two people do in the privacy of their own bedroom. It may be a sin but I just don’t feel it is the ultimate cause of all that is wrong in the world.
All sins are the cause of what is wrong with the world. You are on a thread about homosexuality. So that is the sin being discussed.
 
In short, I have a great deal of compassion for the struggle of homosexuals, especially in the world we find ourselves in today. In the past I think it was much easier for them to maintain chastity, when the world was not constantly tempting them and trying to justify and validate the gay lifestyle as good.
This is a good point, however the temptations of this world are not exclusive to homosexuals. It is not easy for any of us who are single and living according to God’s plan. I get tired of the constant whining about how difficult it is for homosexuals because they can never marry. Anyone see the statistics for the marriage potential of women over the age of 45? Hey, all my single women friends are pretty much looking at spinster-hood.
 
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.
Lev 20:13
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top