Should I keep the baby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MariaCA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping my prayers for you, I think your man needs to man up.
Don’t get an abortion, its always 100 times worse on a woman when that happens. I had a ex gf who had 3 abortions, and she was not ok emotionally, or mentally from it.
( long story) Try to pray to God for endurance and determination, to carry you through your challenge this is the greatest country in the world and you can get the help you need to persevere as time goes on.
God bless you.
 
I was debating with myself whether to post this under moral or here, but I think its more of a family issue for me really. I want to start by saying I’m pregnant and I have always been against termination, however, I find myself in a really difficult situation which just cannot be controlled. I should also say that adoption is definitely not an option for me, its great if you can do that, I can’t and won’t consider it.

I guess to make the issue short as possible, myself and the father planned this baby and we loved it so, so much, I knew his mom wouldn’t be happy as we are not married, but we were both happy and we made a decision. His mom has never liked me, although I have done nothing but be pleasant and polite to her over the last several years, although now I have had to ask that she never contacts me again due to some harassing emails about my being pregnant. So the father told his mom that we were expecting and she was not happy, not at all. Questioning why we did it, saying it wasn’t right, and questioning her sons love for me. As a side I should mention shes very controlling of him and I have spoken to professionals and people in the catholic church, all who say that her behavior is abusive toward him, but he will never understand or see that. I won’t go into it all here as it isn’t appropriate but its manipulative.

Since he told her, he decided he wanted nothing to do with me of his baby, and has been really mean, to put it in a nice way, towards me, when I said I would raise my own baby him and his family called me selfish. He says he won’t go to any scans or support my pregnancy because he doesn’t want to get attached to the baby.This has gone on so long, and he isn’t willing to get help or to talk to anyone unless it suits his purpose i.e. telling me I am selfish which nobody will. I have looked to the church for help and they confirm the position about his mom, I have prayed, I have cried and I am really tired. I am considering a termination now, even though I can’t even type the word without crying. I’ve tried to talk to him about it, but he doesn’t want to understand how I feel. I pray for him to break free of the situation he is in, I really do, but I just don’t know what to do. I feel like I am losing everything, even my faith right now.

I’v tried to keep that as short as possible, I could write a book if the truth be told on it, if anyone has anything to say I would appreciate it so much, its really hard feeling this way.
*Surely you are not prepared to yield to those who manipulate you? Surely you are not prepared to compromise your Faith to appease those who do not approve of you? Surely you will not murder your unborn child to satisfy the man who is your lover and his dominating mother?

Surely you will not commit a mortal sin to make your problem “go away”?

Surely you must realise that these people have revealed their true colours and will not allow them to continue to command your life? Please do not allow them to ruin your life. You are a child of God and if you call to Him He and His Mother will not abandon you. The choice is yours.

I will pray for you. :gopray2::gopray2::gopray2::gopray2:*
 
Yes, please keep your precious baby. 5 years from now can have a wonderful perfect 5 year old child, who is the love of your life and brings so much joy. Someone who calls you mommy with so much love. This jerk of a guy doesn’t matter, his mother doesn’t matter, your baby matters.

Your baby is very real, very much alive, and needs you. You need your baby too. Being a mother is honestly the best thing I have ever done with my life, despite my education, career advancement, travels, anything else. Nothing else matters near as much. Nothing else brings me as much daily joy and fills my heart with as much hope and happiness. My baby brings out the best in me.

There is nothing in the world like the connection of a caring mother and her child. If you kill the child, that doesn’t stop any maternal feelings or any connection, the what-if’s your little person was born will never stop, and you will forever regret. I will say a prayer for you and your baby. I am sorry the situation isn’t your ideal situation, but that doesn’t mean your baby won’t be perfect and the best thing to ever happen to you. For all you know, this could be your only chance to be a mother as well.
 
I had my oldest as a young single mother, and I had friends tell me to abort. I am so happy that I didn’t. Life has been tough, but now I am married and have more children. I am in college and own my own home.

Things get better.

Have faith in God and trust that He will help you raise this precious baby.
 
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
🙂
 
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
 
Maria, I am so sorry you are going through this. The baby’s father does not know what he is giving up! It will be hard but you can be a single mom, there are lots of resources out there for single parents. If your heart is breaking at the thought of abortion, then that is your sign not to do it! You already love this child, even though you nay not feel it. That is your mother’s heart inside telling you “Stop! This is your baby! You love it, and will be a wonderful momma.”
 
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
🙂
:confused:🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top