Smaller testing = fewer cases

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abrosz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Abrosz

Guest

And that is a “joke”. That is what the Comedian-in-Chief says: if you have fewer testing it will SHOW fewer cases. Of course the “show” of the fewer cases does not matter. What would matter would be fewer actual cases! Good old ostrich-politics!

Well, let’s expand the “joke”, if you perform fewer tests for diabetes, there will be fewer cases of diabetes! If you have fewer test for drug abuse, there will be fewer cases for drug abuse! What a wonderful, novel idea: “let’s stop ALL the tests, and the problems will disappear”. Only in the Trumpist alternate reality…
 
We would have the best breast cancer statistics if we got rid of mammograms!

We would have the best Alzheimer’s statistics if we had no neurological tests!

Get rid of breathalyzers, No more DUI’s!
 
This really illustrates what drives his decision making. Is it really the good of the American people, or is it the perception of Donald himself?
 
Last edited:
:’(

These effect of this could be literally fatal.

And I mean “literally” here in the literal sense, not the figurative sense.
 
I have actually had this discussion with a few people.

When we were testing, say, only people who went to the doctor, ER, hospital, or who died, we had a certain number of cases.

When we increased testing, we found a lot of cases who had mild or no symptoms.

But the increase was not portrayed that way in the media. Instead there was a sort of breathless “cases increasing!” reportage which gave the impression that the virus was spreading faster or more than it had been, whereas the reality is that the virus is spreading exactly the same, we just know about more cases.

This was Trump’s way of pointing out the media spin. A broader range of testing finds more cases and Trump is blamed…
 
This was Trump’s way of pointing out the media spin. A broader range of testing finds more cases and Trump is blamed…
How exactly will not knowing who has it benefit us? How will it help to not be able to do contact tracing, and keep at least some of those who have been exposed from spreading it even further? How are the rising numbers of those in ICU and on ventilators “media spin?”
 
Testing is important. Asymptomatic carriers can pass it on to others who develop serious complications.
 
I just find any attempt to defend gives me an opportunity to do some ROFL exercise.
 
Last edited:
Of course this all dependent on believing what the leftist media tells you. In this particular situation they are either so incredibly lacking in intelligence and common sense they can’t recognize when a person is joking, even when the person says he is joking OR (most likely) they are just lying to you.

All you have to do is watch the few minutes of a video when this comment is made to know the truth. I know this will be hard for some of you, but you have a choice, continue to believe every single lie the media tells you or look at it for yourself.
 
You are missing the point.

The point is that when we increase testing, we find more cases which would not have previously been counted.

When the media reports this as an increase in cases without specifying that it is simply a broadening of our knowledge of cases which would have existed but remained unknown previously, it is conflating results in order to have scary headlines.

Yesterday I read an excellent article which was very clear: they noted the raised numbers but also discussed the number of patients hospitalized, which is a good way to bridge the differential.

Trump’s comment was not that we should reduce testing but that the way the numbers are being reported is giving a very different idea of what is happening than the reality.
 
Did you see the who video where he said this?
Yes. Did you see the reports that HHS is set to announce that they are discontinuing funding for testing in several states? The man said what he said, and he was not kidding.
 
Why are you people so hysterical? We want everyone to get covid but we need to limit the deaths. People who are vulnerable STAY HOME you don’t shut down the entire economy!
 
People who are vulnerable STAY HOME you don’t shut down the entire economy!
Gee, that would be lovely…will you come watch my grandkids? Will you get my medicines and go to the eye doctor in my place. I had to go in to the doctor today to get a needed shot…can someone else take that for me? Will you check on my rental property while you’re out to make sure all is well and the yard looks nice? I need to replace some bushes that died…will you get three nice looking lilacs for me? I ran out of milk for the kids last night …will you run over to Mini Mart and pick some up…please have it here before breakfast…ooops, too late.

Really, just stay home! I CAN’T! The one thing I can do is stay away from work…I’m retired. Otherwise, I was a lab technologist in a hospital…you know those Covid tests everyone needs …yeah, no…not going to happen if I’m not working because I should be staying at home!
 
Am i required to meet all your needs before I suggest such a thing? How did staying home and a closed economy help you???
 
Am i required to meet all your needs before I suggest such a thing? How did staying home and a closed economy help you???
It helps me to stay alive 🙂 A lower level of financial status is still preferable to be rich “corpse”.
 
Fine then stay home. Everybody is delivering now. I’d honestly prefer to be free and dead then alive and in prison.
 
Really, just stay home! I CAN’T! The one thing I can do is stay away from work…I’m retired. Otherwise, I was a lab technologist in a hospital…you know those Covid tests everyone needs …yeah, no…not going to happen if I’m not working because I should be staying at home!
That is what my daughter does now. I fear for her everyday. They ran out of masks. My wife had to make some for her.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top