Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP Dad. Or is it actually a flawed report?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

NEWS

EXCLUSIVE

Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad​

By Emma-Jo Morris and Gabrielle Fonrouge
(Gabrielle Fonrouge | New York Post)

October 14, 2020 | 5:00am

Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

The computer was dropped off at a repair shop in Biden’s home state of Delaware in April 2019, according to the store’s owner.

Other material extracted from the computer includes a raunchy, 12-minute video that appears to show Hunter, who’s admitted struggling with addiction problems, smoking crack while engaged in a sex act with an unidentified woman, as well as numerous other sexually explicit images.

The customer who brought in the water-damaged MacBook Pro for repair never paid for the service or retrieved it or a hard drive on which its contents were stored, according to the shop owner, who said he tried repeatedly to contact the client.

. . . the laptop bore a sticker from the Beau Biden Foundation, named after Hunter’s late brother and former Delaware attorney general.

Photos of a Delaware federal subpoena given to The Post show that both the computer and hard drive were seized by the FBI in December.

But before turning over the gear, the shop owner says, he made a copy of the hard drive and later gave it to former Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello. . . .

. . . Less than eight months after Pozharskyi thanked Hunter Biden for the introduction to his dad, the then-vice president admittedly pressured Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk into getting rid of Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin by threatening to withhold a $1 billion US loan guarantee during a December 2015 trip to Kiev.

“I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,” Biden infamously bragged to the Council on Foreign Relations in 2018.

“Well, son of a b----. He got fired.”

Shokin has said that at the time of his firing, in March 2016, he’d made “specific plans” to investigate Burisma . . . including Hunter Biden.” . . .

Last edited:
Facebook is attempting to proverbially plug the dike for Biden.

It won’t work.

Alternative news sources are already getting this out.

The news consumers world wide that are not news snobs, already know about it, or shortly will.

Josh Hawley Demands Facebook Answer for Throttling New York Post Story on Damaging Hunter Biden Emails​

Alex Wong/Getty Images

SEAN MORAN

14 Oct 2020

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) sent a letter to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg demanding to know why the social media giant throttled a New York Post article that alleged Hunter Biden “facilitated” a meeting between a Ukrainian gas company and former Vice President Joe Biden.

Facebook decided to reduce the distribution of a New York Post article saying that, contrary to Biden’s claims . . .

Twitter is doing the same thing . . .

Ted Cruz: Twitter Censorship of Damaging Hunter Biden New York Post Story ‘Obvious’ Attempt to Influence Election​

Drew Angerer/Getty Images

SEAN MORAN

14 Oct 2020

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) sent a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Wednesday, charging that the social media company’s censorship of a New York Post story that alleged Hunter Biden facilitated a meeting between a Ukrainian gas company and former Vice President Joe Biden amounts to an “obvious and transparent attempt” by Twitter to influence the 2020 presidential election.

Twitter censored and prevented the distribution of a New York Post article saying that, contrary to Biden’s claims, he allegedly met with an executive at Burisma when he was vice president. Hunter Biden, Joe Biden’s son, reportedly arranged the meeting while he was working as a lobbyist for the company. . . . .

. . . In a letter to Dorsey, Cruz charged that the emails the New York Post obtained are authentic, and it would show that Biden “lied when he said in 2016 that he had ‘never spoken to [his] son about his overseas business dealings.” . .

. . . Cruz noted that Twitter’s suppression of the article could significantly impact the election. . . .

. . . Cruz declared. “Accordingly, this can only be seen as an obvious and transparent attempt by Twitter to influence the upcoming election.”

Senator Cruz is absolutely correct.

Regarding the mainstream media . . .

To the readers here:

The usual response for the left on things like this is to try to ignore the story.

(They won’t be able to ignore this though.)

Also . . .

To try to bury the story.

And . . .

To attack the people reporting the story.

To deflect to someone else (you know who), often with whataboutism.

To say things the story never says, (change the premise) and vigorously attack THEIR straw man that they have created. This is the fallacy if equivocation. A leftist favorite.

Assume their conclusion within their premise (that is the fallacy of begging the question. A line of argumentation that does not follow from the premises), then conclude what they already assumed.

I look for the mainstream media to do all these things and more.

Watch for them. It will be very interesting.

Last edited:
I think I get it.
Conservatives believe in small government less government intervention and much less government involvement in private companies.
Unless of course it’s Facebook or any company perceived as ‘‘left’’.
Then the principle does not apply.

Looks that Facebook is limiting the spread of the story until it has an assessment of the questionable authenticity. Twitter has a rule against spreading hacked material.
That’s not how the free exchange of ideas works, and FB’s so-called fact checkers are often as biased as FB.

That said, after four years of false attacks on Trump, we know that bombshell reports are often not what they appear to be.
I’ll wait under the emails are found to be legitimate or not.

Last edited:
That’s not how the free exchange of ideas works
If that is desired, Facebook isn’t the place for it. There is demand from those that pay the bills (among others) and Congress for restrictions.
Yeah, who appointed Facebook the arbiter of truth?
That sounds off topic given that no such designation is implied or required.

They are concerned about tge means of aquisition huh?

Which is WHY Facebook and Twitter have not allowed anything regarding President Trump’s “infiltrated” tax returns right ThinkingSapien?

I think I get it.
Conservatives believe in small government less government intervention and much less government involvement in private companies.
Unless of course it’s Facebook or any company perceived as ‘‘left’’.
Then the principle does not apply.
I think FB has every right to be a left wing platform. I also believe in smaller government- repeal the government protections if they want to be a publisher.

It acts like a publisher.
I think you may be using a different sense of the word “publisher” here than what is used in the laws often referenced in discussions about social media.

I took a look at the article. It is using multiple senses of the word “publisher.” That contributes more to making ambiguous than providing clarification.

Let’s make it clear: remove the protections and let them face the same rules of other media.
Getting rid of such protections could have a negative impact on online entities, including CAF. While they are in place, words posted by general users are considered words of those users and not those of catholic.com (unless those words are posted by staff of Catholic.com, in which case the speaker is considered Catholic.com).

Since I don’t like the idea of Catholic.com being punished because an anonymous user makes an account and says something bad, my personal position is against removing such protections.

A newly discovered laptop, the FBI, a trove of emails, October, a presidential election—it sounds familiar. Especially when you add in a Russian disinformation campaign. On Wednesday, the New York Post released what it hailed as a bombshell: an unidentified computer repair store owner in Delaware had come to possess a laptop that contained Hunter Biden emails (and purportedly a sex tape), the hard drive and computer was seized by the FBI, the store owner at some point passed a copy of the hard drive to Rudy Giuliani, and one of the emails suggested that Hunter, who served on the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma, may have in 2015 introduced a Burisma official to his dad, Vice President Joe Biden. The story depicts this as a big scandal, and Guiliani tweeted, “Much more to come.”

But the key point of the article was predicated on false information that Giuliani has been spreading for a long time—and that appears to be linked to a Russian disinformation operation that the Post neglected to note in its article. That is, the Post piece, based on an unproven smear, is in sync with Moscow’s ongoing effort to influence the 2020 election to help President Donald Trump retain power. (The FBI and other parts of the US intelligence community have stated that Vladimir Putin is once again attacking the US political system to boost Trump.) And this story presents a challenge to the American media: how to report on an orchestrated campaign to affect the election that relies on disinformation, salacious and sensational material, and the revival of allegations that have already been debunked.

[…]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back