Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP Dad. Or is it actually a flawed report?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
so of course that was your implied accusation.
That’s not an implication I’m making.
Another straw man. I never said they did.
JonNC, for this and other statements I’m not making allegations or implications on what you’ve said. I bring these things up because they have some interaction with something being discussed. In this case, there’s a conflict when one seeks to share an expression using the resources of one that is not allowing them to be used for said expression.
Correct, as we were speaking of the spirit of the free exchange of ideas
I’m not sure that the philosophical position has been violated either since the expression can still be made.

There are people posting signs for their preferred candidates on the ballots. Sometimes people post signs in my yard; I’ve got a corner lot off a road that is one of two pathways to a certain polling station. As I understand the philosophical view that you are sharing, people are free to post signs. But I am also free to remove signs from my yard. Neither of these actions would appear to violate that philosophy. Similarly, people are free to post messages on Internet services. Those services are free to remove those messages.

If I was the Biden campaign, I would be denying all of this too. But so far, the denials are pretty lame, including the “hoax” claim by Bezos’ rag the (fake news) Washington Post. The absolute worst thing about this, if it’s true, is the alleged statement by Hunter that his father was getting half of what he was getting. If so, Joe Biden is a criminal, no question about it. If Biden is impeached, Harris will be the president; imaginably an even worse outcome.

My prediction on the outcome of this news is that Trump supporters will believe it and Biden supporters won’t. It’s not going to make a whit of difference for any fence sitters left at this point.

Since problems with the story have so quickly been put forward, each side will either ignore this or point to it. Overall, it’s meaningless for most and meaningful for those already decided.

All of these revelations are going to hurt the Hillary Clinton/Hunter Biden ticket. I predict they lose.

Other than the media and this forums. The people I talk to. Well they see the bias and do not like it. It is actually turning people to agree with President Trump. Tho I have only spoken but with a few.

ahh now the truth is really coming about about this “Story”.
  • Trumpworld flew into a frenzy on Wednesday after the New York Post published a report purporting to show a “smoking-gun email” featuring Hunter Biden communicating with a Ukrainian official about meeting with his father, Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee.
  • The Post’s story had several red flags and holes that raise questions about its authenticity. The most glaring questions are whether the emails described in the story are legitimate, how they were uncovered, and how the Post obtained them.
  • The Post’s report said that an unidentified computer-repair-shop owner discovered the emails and other compromising material about Hunter Biden after an unidentified person dropped off a water-damaged laptop last year to be repaired but never picked it up.
  • The repair shop owner was later identified as John Paul Mac Isaac, an avid Trump supporter who told several reporters who tracked him down that Trump’s impeachment was a “sham.” Isaac also did not have a clear grasp on the timeline of events that he initially described to the Post.
  • The Post said it learned of the emails’ existence last month through Steve Bannon, the former White House chief strategist, and obtained them through Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer.
  • Both men have routinely pushed conspiracy theories about the Biden campaign’s ties to Ukraine, and Giuliani met last year with a Ukrainian official who was sanctioned in September and accused of acting as a Russian agent.
  • In all, one expert said, the way the story was published appears to showcase “a standard tactic in disinformation operations.”
Rid added that the emails featured in the Post’s story were published as images rather than in a file format, which “makes it harder to analyze and verify the files.”

“Note that photos, which appear to look genuine, could be there simply to add credibility to forged emails surfaced along with the photos. This would be a standard tactic in disinformation operations,” he wrote.

“Bottom line: every individual little fact—every email, every detail mentioned in an email—must be verified when data is surfaced in such a suspicious way, not just one piece of information, say a photo. It appears that The New York Post did not do that here.”

So much more… >>> An explosive New York Post story that's sending Trumpworld into a frenzy is riddled with holes and red flags

Last edited:
I went to Disney World once.

Does that count?

Last edited:
The only Biden sign in my county got lit on fire the other night lol. I don’t think anyone should have messed with that persons property but it does speak to the level of support for Trump in my neck of the woods.

classy stuff. making fun of people’s addiction problems.Christian charity at it’s best. /s

Last edited:
I don’t live in Denver proper,no doubt it is covered in Biden signs.However in the surrounding areas all I ever see is a Trump signs

Last edited:
Christian charity has been essentially absent re anything Trump for the past four years,.

Last edited:

ABC’s George Stephanopoulos Fails to Ask Joe Biden About Hunter Biden Emails​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images

JOEL B. POLLAK

15 Oct 2020

ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos failed to ask former Vice President Joe Biden at a town hall Thursday night about new email evidence that his son, Hunter Biden, arranged a meeting with him for an adviser to the corrupt Ukrainian energy company Burisma in 2015.

As Breitbart News noted Wednesday, the New York Post reported on emails it had obtained from an abandoned laptop in which Hunter Biden’s correspondence with a senior Burisma official was preserved.

The Post broke the story:
Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads.

An earlier email from May 2014 also shows Pozharskyi, reportedly Burisma’s No. 3 exec, asking Hunter for “advice on how you could use your influence” on the company’s behalf.

The blockbuster correspondence — which flies in the face of Joe Biden’s claim that he’s “never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings” — is contained in a massive trove of data recovered from a laptop computer.
The mainstream media attempted to ignore the story, and social media companies suppressed or blocked it, provoking complaints about censorship . . .

Last edited:
You mean that it doesn’t meet the basic requirements of normal journalism means it is more likely to be true?
Not at all.
I mean because those to companies do not want me to see it, it is more credible to me.

Besides, the story meets or exceeds criteria that they allowed stories about Trump.
Did they suddenly grow integrity less than 25 days from the election?

So when people, and companies, go so far out of their way to suppress something, I look carefully at the reaction and weigh it against the likelihood that the story is not credible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back