Sophie Turner mocks Donald Trump for 'calling Europe a country' during debate

• Thread starter Thread starter scousekiwi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scousekiwi

I’m just posting this because we all know that if Biden had made this slip of the tongue the right-wing media would have been reporting that it was evidence that he is suffering from dementia.

Last edited:
Quite probably, although two of Trump’s wives have been European, as was his mother, so he must be reasonably familiar with the continent. But when I was listening to the debate, and he said, “other countries, in particular Europe”, my first thought was that if Biden had said that, the headlines on Breitbart and Fox would have been, “Biden says that Europe is a country” or “Biden doesn’t even know that Europe is a continent”.

Since the EU is a monolith when it comes to trade, it is easy to think of it as one country.

In the heat of debate it’s an easy mis-phrasing. Not at all like the incoherent ramblings that make one question Biden’s sharpness.

Biden does not have “incoherent ramblings.” He has name and phrase lack of recognition. It is Trump who has incoherent ramblings, difficulty putting words and phrases together properly.

Biden does not have “incoherent ramblings.” He has name and phrase lack of recognition. It is Trump who has incoherent ramblings, difficulty putting words and phrases together properly.
And your views are well known very much supporting the Democrats, possibly even enabling NY leading Democrats to enable some policies that some call infanticide while at the same time, scoffing at abortion. I remember one saying Trump did not care about abortion. . . .

. . . .

We should all be more charitable.

Let’s not forget, “Never Again”.

Last edited:
Since the EU is a monolith when it comes to trade, it is easy to think of it as one country.
Europe and the EU are not the same thing.
Sounds like he obviously indicated/meant the region.
Quite obviously. Or he meant “in Europe”. I just thought that this should be highlighted because we all know what the right-wing media does every time Biden makes a similar slip of the tongue. It’s always, “Biden introduced himself as his own husband”, “Biden thinks he’s running for the Senate”, “Biden didn’t even know which state he was in”, “Biden thinks that 200 million Americans are dead from coronavirus”, etc. I think it’s fair if Trump is held to the same standard, i.e. he makes one tiny mistake and we conclude that he has dementia.
Who is Sophie Turner?
Never heard of her.
She is best known for playing Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones.

She is best known for playing Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones .
It was rhetorical. I really don’t care who she is or what she thinks. Jon Voight is a conservative. I don’t care what he thinks, either. Hollywood types Typically aren’t reliable resources. They’re as welcome to their opinion and express it as anyone. I just think they are worthy of ignoring.

Last edited:
Biden makes this sort of slip all the time. Heck, I make my own slips with names, though geography is pretty ingrained in me. The only thing this sort of slip does is belie the story that Biden is the old, sleepy, senile one vs. a sharp, brilliant genius. Instead of a debate, I would like to see them go head to head in a general knowledge quiz show, maybe with a seventh-grader thrown in for comparison.

You apparently do NOT know my political views, not that I expect you or anyone else to follow all my posts. But if you had done so, you would know that I support neither Trump nor Biden in this election. Further, I take each issue as I see it, not necessarily in line with the Democratic point of view.

Apart from the above, since when is anyone not permitted to express their political views or be critical of a candidate, no matter which party or candidate they support? And it happens to be true that Trump does not care about abortion. He is an opportunist who might just as easily have taken the pro-choice position. My own views on abortion are influenced by my religious beliefs, but not entirely so.

Hollywood types Typically aren’t reliable resources.
But most of the news I see posted on CAF is from sources like Bretibart, Fox, LifeSiteNews, etc - those are certainly not reliable!
What’s next? Posting from the Star? Bild?
The Daily Mirror is considered to be a perfectly reasonable newspaper in the UK. It’s a tabloid, but it’s one of the more respectable tabloids. It’s not on the level of the Daily Mail (“Hurrah for the Blackshirts!”) or The Sun (which it is still virtually impossible to buy in my native Liverpool). Anyway, I have sourced the same story from a couple of south Asian news sources, one Indian, one Pakistani.
Did someone say it was?
See the comment to which I was replying:
I don’t see what Trump even said that was wrong from reading the original statement.
“We also have others that we’re working on very closely with, other countries, in particular Europe.”
The way he said it, it sounded like he was saying that Europe was a particular country rather than the continent on which those particular countries are located.
She’s from the UK apparently
Yes, so should not be an obscure figure to people elsewhere in the English-speaking world. Game of Thrones was watched by almost 14 million Americans, making it more popular the The Sopranos, and won 59 Emmy awards, which is 22 more than Frasier.

I could only access the link by clicking on the orange pencil icon and seeing the record of the deletion. The link is not showing up for me on the main page.

The fact is that this story was not reported in any of the “broadsheet”/“quality” newspapers, so I had to use a tabloid source. I am assuming that a right-wing Hindu nationalist news site is okay.

I don’t read the Mirror myself, but I know people who do. Being a Liverpudlian, I regard The Sun as, well, I was going to say scum, but that’s an insult to scum.

An orator he isn’t.However,what he speaks is from the heart,the truth and he doesn’t have to concern himself with burning bridges with any special interest like traditional politicians. He has the common touch,which is why, I believe his rallies draw such massive crowds. He is very relatable and real.

Last edited:
No Im talking about President Trump.Biden is about as inspiring as watching grass grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back