Spot on my lung

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baptista
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for your prayers, and for sharing your own or someone else’s experiences with this disease with me. I have an appointment with the oncologist tomorrow morning. It is cancer, and the ‘spot’ they biopsied is the size of a golf ball. I was called this afternoon by the oncologist’s office to tell me I have to have a CT of my head before my appointment. Luckily in the same building. They want to see if it has spread to my brain.

I will know more tomorrow. The CT’s results will determine what sort of treatment options we will talk about.

Again, thank you all for your prayers, and I remember you all in mine! God bless every one of you and keep you close to Him.
Continued prayers for you, especially to St Peregrine, patron of cancer sufferers.
 
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :gopray:
 
Praise God for your prayers, and His answers. The breast cancer has not metastasized. It is a form of lung cancer that I have. As far as my oncologist can see, it hasn’t spread to the brain, even though it’s a type that is fast moving and likes to go to the brain. We are going to move as quickly as possible, considering other problems.

Monday, the 22nd, I have my heart tests (and carotids), Tuesday the 23rd, I have the port replaced in my chest to save my veins. Praise God! My veins are bad, and this will be such a blessing, as I know from experience.

If all has gone well with the heart tests and the radiologist clears me of the brain scan, Wednesday the 24th I will have my first radiation treatment. Then a break on Christmas Day.

I will be having 37 radiation treatments on the lung on each business day. The first chemo round will be on the 29th, 30th and 31st, immediately after my radiation treatments on those days. There will be 3 days of chemo and then 3 weeks off. If I’m understanding right, they are aiming for a total of 12 chemo treatments, or 4 rounds…IF my body can stand it. I’m kind of messed up, so hopefully this won’t be a waste of time. Once all these treatments are over, if things are going well, I will have several radiation treatments on the brain as a sort of preventative measure.

The side effects are the usual nasties, and if I’m too sick, I won’t be around much at all. But then you are all used to me disappearing at times.

I ask prayers to not have vomiting, as with my advanced osteoporosis, I will be breaking ribs. And please, my usual prayer…that I will be able to care for myself and do the minimum of chores that I have to do to around here.

I will be praying for all of you. And praise God for the hope of this diagnosis.
 
Praise God for your prayers, and His answers. The breast cancer has not metastasized. It is a form of lung cancer that I have. As far as my oncologist can see, it hasn’t spread to the brain, even though it’s a type that is fast moving and likes to go to the brain. We are going to move as quickly as possible, considering other problems.

Monday, the 22nd, I have my heart tests (and carotids), Tuesday the 23rd, I have the port replaced in my chest to save my veins. Praise God! My veins are bad, and this will be such a blessing, as I know from experience.

If all has gone well with the heart tests and the radiologist clears me of the brain scan, Wednesday the 24th I will have my first radiation treatment. Then a break on Christmas Day.

I will be having 37 radiation treatments on the lung on each business day. The first chemo round will be on the 29th, 30th and 31st, immediately after my radiation treatments on those days. There will be 3 days of chemo and then 3 weeks off. If I’m understanding right, they are aiming for a total of 12 chemo treatments, or 4 rounds…IF my body can stand it. I’m kind of messed up, so hopefully this won’t be a waste of time. Once all these treatments are over, if things are going well, I will have several radiation treatments on the brain as a sort of preventative measure.

The side effects are the usual nasties, and if I’m too sick, I won’t be around much at all. But then you are all used to me disappearing at times.

I ask prayers to not have vomiting, as with my advanced osteoporosis, I will be breaking ribs. And please, my usual prayer…that I will be able to care for myself and do the minimum of chores that I have to do to around here.

I will be praying for all of you. And praise God for the hope of this diagnosis.
I’ll continue praying for you at all the masses I attend this Christmas season … and afterwards too.
 
You will be in my continued prayers. One step at a time. God Bless. Tim
 
I am praying, that great joy and peace fill your soul knowing that God loves you very much, and if He allows that cancer to come back He will give you the strength to fight it, and great spiritual fruits will come out from this.

Alma
 
Stay strong my dear friend. I’m continuing to pray for your FULL recovery…especially prayers to St Peregrine, patron of cancer sufferers and to St. Jude for miracles.
All my prayers and God’s blessings upon you.
diane
 
Thank you all again so very much. I know prayers are what keep me going. And I’m keeping you all in mine. God bless you.
 
Dear Baptista, I am so moved by your situation. Please know that I am praying for you as you go through the chemo treatments. I am also praying that you will be able to take care of yourself. Prayers & hugs going out to you:gopray2: :hug1: . May God Bless you & keep you in his care.
 
Thank you, Lucania. I will be remembering you in my prayers also. God bless you!
 
I came on the computer briefly to ask for more prayer. I had my port put in today, and have extra pain. I can deal with that, but I need to be careful with my right arm because that is the side of my chest where the port is, and it needs to heal. Unfortunately, the left arm has lymphadema and I have to be careful with that, too. Pray I can somehow manage to vacuum and scoop cat litter, etc., etc. without hurting myself. Especially doing something stupid without thinking, as we all sometimes do. At least I do. 😊 And…I have my first radiation treatment tomorrow, and will have to lift my arms above my head. Not a good position, so I’m praying it won’t slow down the healing.

Also thanks again for your prayers. The brain scan is clear. I have to go January 2nd for a bone scan. Please say a prayer for that.

I am remembering you all in my prayers. God bless every one of you, and I hope you all have a Blessed Christmas!
 
The tone of your posts mirrors your hope, faith, endurance, and patience. God bless you.

I’ll keep you in prayer. :gopray:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top