Stop stand-up urination for men, Swedish politicians urge

  • Thread starter Thread starter austenbosten
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This does seem a little odd, but they seem to think it has benefits. As a female, I have no idea–nor do I care to find out. But the Swedish Liberal party is different from the American one, and it seems strange to try to take this an opportunity to bash a party. At most, we could maybe all find this a little amusing, and I think that was the original idea behind publishing it. No ban has been passed, and I doubt that it will be. Plus (and I can’t believe I even read the blurb), it said that they might just provide separate toilets.
 
This does seem a little odd, but they seem to think it has benefits. As a female, I have no idea–nor do I care to find out. But the Swedish Liberal party is different from the American one, and it seems strange to try to take this an opportunity to bash a party. At most, we could maybe all find this a little amusing, and I think that was the original idea behind publishing it. No ban has been passed, and I doubt that it will be. Plus (and I can’t believe I even read the blurb), it said that they might just provide separate toilets.
I don’t find this at all amusing, that there are people with nothing better to do but make up their own health recommendations and change every facet of our lives. Sure they aren’t the American liberal party, but just to remind you…the yank ain’t far off. They already have pushed the soda bans.
 
If the US had a Chicken Licken Party, it might sweep the board.
 
Unless the people are genderless, genderless bathrooms makes no sense. Yes, I’ve known some androgynous Swedes in my time, but last time I checked, they’re in the minority…

As for me, placing myself on a toilet seat that has had who knows how many others’ mucous membranes on it just isn’t going to happen.
 
They tried this a few years ago. I remember reading about it. Apparently, gender is offensive in Sweden.
 
I wonder how far this will go. Will these people fight until all public bathrooms are unisex? If so, I predict a huge increase in rape cases. Creepy men follow women into the bathroom and rape them. Also, date rape drugs at clubs, women will be easy targets. At first people will act shocked, like it’s rare, and then they’ll go back to having a men’s room and a ladies’ room. But how many people have to be hurt before they realize things are fine the way they are? Or are they trying to appeal to the “transgender” crowd (studies show they’re no more happy after the operation than they were before, anyway… maybe if you ask them right after they get it, they are temporarily happy, but long-term it’s not good).
 
They’re just mad because they just got eliminated from Euro 2012 (football/soccer).
 
I hope Mayor Bloomberg in New York doesn’t find out about this! It could give him another idea…
 
If gender is offensive, why don’t they do the Origen thing and cut it off? Even St. Paul said, “cut it off altogether”*. See what happens when society forces an unnatural, even perverted, social more such as shaving? If men all had beards, we wouldn’t have this problem. So much for “vive la différence”.

Gal5:12
 
Many toilets in Europe are unisex. I can’t figure out if they just don’t like urinals are what…I mean, “sit-down toilets” are what men use to defecate in, and they can still stand up to urinate in them…It really makes zero sense!

And btw, some women don’t sit down either…I am NOT talking about “hovering” but straddle the toilet and peeing standing up like a man (sort of). That is why you find women’s toilets that are as nasty as men’s. It’s a cultural custom. I NEVER sit down any more without putting something on the seat.
 
In some Muslim communities it is offensive for men to urinate standing up, to do so being some sort of moral delict. Way back in the 80’s I worked in a building that a large corporation had vacated. Pursuant to an earlier agreement between the company and the union, the men’s and women’s restrooms were identical (no urinals) and under the company rules the designations of the restrooms changed monthly (what what “men” in July was “women” in August.) I have heard and read numerous complaints from women about the easy accessibility to urinary relief men have in public venues. Men hustle in and out of restrooms while women line up on long queues. We’ve all seen this phenomenon. I agree this issue should be addressed, but barring men from urinating standing up seems destined to go nowhere.
 
Why didn’t they go the other way, and distribute female stand-up urination devices so that women could use less water in the toilet and get out faster? There’s a very funny video on Youtube that shows a woman using one of these devices after a one-night stand (ignore the moral problem) and her “date’s” reaction…

Please, government, stay out of our underewear and toilet habits!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top