Stop stand-up urination for men, Swedish politicians urge

  • Thread starter Thread starter austenbosten
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My toilet at home is unisex. And like Juliane wrote, women can stand. If they want gender equality, why not ? It can be done. Just do a web search

I think the reason for urinals is that they are much more efficient, time-wise. Just go to a public venue, and look at the huge lines at the women’s toilets. But yes, standing is messy, because of the splashing. The surrounding walls and floor take their toll. I’ve noticed this all the time, and it is distressing to me.

Okay, so, when I’m on the turnpike and suddenly have the call, and I pull my car over to the shoulder of the road, must I also refrain from standing in that instance? How do I accomplish that, by sitting on a guardrail, or must I just squat in the weeds?

I’m stunned that it took the Swedes, and not the Obamas, to come up with a new law like this.
 
Wikipedia has a great article on “penis envy” that looks to provide some great insight. I don’t know if I can link to that, but look it up.
 
It’s nice to hear that Sweden is so free from financial and social strife that they have found the time to focus on such fundamental liberties as unisex urination.
 
It’s nice to hear that Sweden is so free from financial and social strife that they have found the time to focus on such fundamental liberties as unisex urination.
This is what you get when you have too much government with too much time on its hands. That is why the American government was originally intended to have a low-paying part-time legislature. If they kept themselves busy actually making a living part of the year in the area that they were supposed to be representing, you’d have a government that was truely in touch with the need of its constituency.
 
Many toilets in Europe are unisex. I can’t figure out if they just don’t like urinals are what…I mean, “sit-down toilets” are what men use to defecate in, and they can still stand up to urinate in them…It really makes zero sense!
Well, wait a minute now. They might have special “feet position” police who go into restrooms and look at the space beneath stalls and see whose feet are facing the door and whose feet are facing the toilet. They might have already figured there would be scofflaws. 🙂
 
Standing up that is.

cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2012/06/stop-stand-up-urination-for-men-swedish-politicians-urge.html

All I can say is wow! Just when you thought Liberalism couldn’t get any more deranged, they pull this. :rolleyes:
Hahahahah! You have no idea how funny it sounds for me when you use the word Liberalism in connection to Vänsterpartiet (the Left party). 😃 They would never call themselves Liberals. But I suppose that is because you uses the word Liberal for the Democrats which, I suppose, could be said to be your Left. Here in Sweden if you are a Liberal then you belong to the right-wing together with Conservatives, that is how the word most of the time is interpreted at least.

But this article is a bit misleading, Vänsterpartiet in Sörmland wants the employed of the County council (which according to wikipedia is the translation of the word landsting) for some reason to sit down while urinating when they do so in bathrooms owned by the County Council. It is also only a proposition regarding a certain place in Sweden made by a certain party and will hopefully remain only that because I prefer if people use their time to something more productive and important than something like this. Your title on the thread is however also misleading since probably most Swedes don’t care about this ‘‘problem’’ and thinks this is stupid, if they have heard about it. In the parliament (riksdag) this party is the one furthest to the left.
 
So basically, men should urinate sitting down in Sweden? Why!?
 
Hahahahah! You have no idea how funny it sounds for me when you use the word Liberalism in connection to Vänsterpartiet (the Left party). 😃 They would never call themselves Liberals. But I suppose that is because you uses the word Liberal for the Democrats which, I suppose, could be said to be your Left. Here in Sweden if you are a Liberal then you belong to the right-wing together with Conservatives, that is how the word most of the time is interpreted at least.

But this article is a bit misleading, Vänsterpartiet in Sörmland wants the employed of the County council (which according to wikipedia is the translation of the word landsting) for some reason to sit down while urinating when they do so in bathrooms owned by the County Council. It is also only a proposition regarding a certain place in Sweden made by a certain party and will hopefully remain only that because I prefer if people use their time to something more productive and important than something like this. Your title on the thread is however also misleading since probably most Swedes don’t care about this ‘‘problem’’ and thinks this is stupid, if they have heard about it. In the parliament (riksdag) this party is the one furthest to the left.
Thank you for bringing this up.
 
Hahahahah! You have no idea how funny it sounds for me when you use the word Liberalism in connection to Vänsterpartiet (the Left party). 😃 They would never call themselves Liberals. But I suppose that is because you uses the word Liberal for the Democrats which, I suppose, could be said to be your Left. Here in Sweden if you are a Liberal then you belong to the right-wing together with Conservatives, that is how the word most of the time is interpreted at least.

But this article is a bit misleading, Vänsterpartiet in Sörmland wants the employed of the County council (which according to wikipedia is the translation of the word landsting) for some reason to sit down while urinating when they do so in bathrooms owned by the County Council. It is also only a proposition regarding a certain place in Sweden made by a certain party and will hopefully remain only that because I prefer if people use their time to something more productive and important than something like this. Your title on the thread is however also misleading since probably most Swedes don’t care about this ‘‘problem’’ and thinks this is stupid, if they have heard about it. In the parliament (riksdag) this party is the one furthest to the left.
True, the European definition of “Liberal” is more closely affiliated with American Libertarianism, rather than American Progressivism/Liberalism. I think Europe uses the term “Social Democrats” or “Labor Party” to describe what we consider “Liberals”.
 
Under the sauce for the goose and gander mime shouldn’t Swedish women be trained to pee standing? Bit messy I suppose!:eek:
 
This line was interesting.
For men who might refuse to comply, party representatives suggested a separate set of toilets clearly labeled for stand-up urination only.
So status quo?
 
If indiviidual companies wanted to implement something like this, they can go ahead and knock themselves out (although I think it’s on the absurd side), but for a government to try to mandate it? I hope people look at this and realize that the “progressive” path we’re currently following in the U.S. will lead to the same kind of absurdity and governmental interference. In many ways, we’re already there.
 
It is also only a proposition regarding a certain place in Sweden made by a certain party and will hopefully remain only that because I prefer if people use their time to something more productive and important than something like this. Your title on the thread is however also misleading since probably most Swedes don’t care about this ‘‘problem’’ and thinks this is stupid, if they have heard about it. In the parliament (riksdag) this party is the one furthest to the left.
Yes Andromedus, I don’t take this article to mean that Swedish men are in support of it. We’re only poking a little fun here.😉
 
Unless the people are genderless, genderless bathrooms makes no sense. Yes, I’ve known some androgynous Swedes in my time, but last time I checked, they’re in the minority…

As for me, placing myself on a toilet seat that has had who knows how many others’ mucous membranes on it just isn’t going to happen.
Mistery: how do women do it?
 
Many toilets in Europe are unisex. I can’t figure out if they just don’t like urinals are what…I mean, “sit-down toilets” are what men use to defecate in, and they can still stand up to urinate in them…It really makes zero sense!

And btw, some women don’t sit down either…I am NOT talking about “hovering” but straddle the toilet and peeing standing up like a man (sort of). That is why you find women’s toilets that are as nasty as men’s. It’s a cultural custom. I NEVER sit down any more without putting something on the seat.
Bingo! Nice way to go around it !
But, as my friend put in a poster in the toilet: “If not in the center, at least inside it!”
 
Many toilets in Europe are unisex. I can’t figure out if they just don’t like urinals are what…I mean, “sit-down toilets” are what men use to defecate in, and they can still stand up to urinate in them…It really makes zero sense!

And btw, some women don’t sit down either…I am NOT talking about “hovering” but straddle the toilet and peeing standing up like a man (sort of). That is why you find women’s toilets that are as nasty as men’s. It’s a cultural custom. I NEVER sit down any more without putting something on the seat.
A little too much information here! But I agree, the whole idea makes no sense.
 
I don’t find this at all amusing, that there are people with nothing better to do but make up their own health recommendations and change every facet of our lives. Sure they aren’t the American liberal party, but just to remind you…the yank ain’t far off. They already have pushed the soda bans.
yep. WAY too
much time on
their hands.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top