Surrounding cars in Texas has bad outcomes: protestor shot

  • Thread starter Thread starter RhodesianSon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Texas traffic laws that give pedestrians right of way.
In a crosswalk. There was no legal right turn there because he had a red light and pedestrians were in the crosswalk, but some of those walking were also not staying in the crosswalk.
Am I on a Catholic discussion site or an NRA chatroom?
There is nothing Christian about wanting to give someone a beer for a successful kill of a protester. I am all for allowing posters who are not Christians to post here, but there should be limits as to what is acceptable.
If a commie is firing rifle shots at you while his other buddy has a rifle in your direction at close quarters at night, I can definitely understand shooting the “wrong” commie.
Things Jesus would never say.
Like I said upthread, cops will always run interference for right wing terrorists.
Calling people terrorists, rioters or commies is propaganda, that is, a dehumanization of other people based on the group we want to associate them with.
Surprising no one with two functioning neurons, the shooter has been identified as Daniel Perry, a right winger who posted violent threats towards BLM protesters online.
I never doubted that. However, there is a photo of the man he shoot point his gun sort of in that direction? All one needs to avoid conviction is reasonable doubt. This tragedy will play out again, with perhaps no one at fault. We have laws that prohibit guns in bars and while one is drinking. We have no law to prohibit guns in the more volatile and dangerous situation of protests vs. counter-protest. Am arms build-up from two sides angry at each other will have on inevitable outcome, whether countries or groups of angry people.
 
So it never stopped being macho bs then according to your standard.
 
So let me just gaze on in amazement, as contentious protesters brandish lethal weapons, and then are surprised when someone is shot. Maybe next time they should wave bananas, might be safer.

Our education system has failed us. We don’t have an ethics problem in this country, we have a stupidity problem. Roman’s 1:21 has surely come to fruition.
 
Last edited:
Protesting armed isn’t the problem. Plenty of second amendment groups have had protests and no one has been shot. The issue was foster pointing his weapon and threatening someone.
 
Smart or not it’s legal and a constitutionally protected right.

I don’t attend protests, because I think they’re stupid, and I definitely wouldn’t attend one with a rifle slung across my chest, and I think people that do are idiots. But much to my dismay my opinion carries little weight in regards to legislation.
 
Smart or not it’s legal and a constitutionally protected right.
Getting drunk and carrying a gun is a constitutionally protected right? Firearms are banned from bars for good reason. High emotions do not mix with guns, whether from alcohol or confrontation. I do not know whether legislation could be drafted that would pass constitutional muster to prevent an armed battle on the street between two opposing protesters armed and ready to fight.
 
Getting drunk and carrying a gun is a constitutionally protected right?
No, carrying a firearm is. As is protesting. Combining the two isn’t illegal either.

But, since you brought it up, it isn’t illegal to carry a firearm drunk. It’s only illegal to take it into a bar, and that’s not even universal.

Just because I’m having a few drinks doesn’t mean I take my gun off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top