J
Jamess12
Guest
Is swearing, when not being offensive and just with friends a sin?
Agree with OSN (due to 10 char rule)Depends on who you ask, if you ask someone who isn’t a die hard " Church Militant " or strict to the follower of everything Catholic online, then yes to some degree they will tell you it is a sin.
Everyone else online is going to tell you no it isn’t.
God did give you a conscience though, if that conscience is telling you it is a problem,
How is swearing not offensive? And why does it being with your friends change anything?Is swearing, when not being offensive and just with friends a sin?
Agreed, that’s what I was thinkingJamess12:![]()
How is swearing not offensive? And why does it being with your friends change anything?Is swearing, when not being offensive and just with friends a sin?
sounds good to me. just last week I had dinner in a rough neighborhood where parents tell their children it’s ok to robe and physically assault people…Of course having been raised in a conservative evangelical home, the worst word I ever heard, and only once when my dad was extremely angry, was “sh*t”.
Something becomes offensive when there is somebody who’s offended.How is swearing not offensive? And why does it being with your friends change anything?
God is always present, and He is always listening.Something becomes offensive when there is somebody who’s offended.
Everyone should be offended. Just because a group of people are not offended doesn’t mean it isn’t offensive, rather I would say there is something wrong with the people that think cursing is acceptable as long as no one is offended.Irishmom2:![]()
Something becomes offensive when there is somebody who’s offended.How is swearing not offensive? And why does it being with your friends change anything?
If I say something like ‘my toe ______ hurts’, ‘this looks like _____’ , the curse word technically isn’t offensive if my friends do not mind such language.