The devil is too strong for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
Why can’t this guy give me a day off? Why can’t he attack me with his hands behind his back? Why do I have to be pinned down first? It’s not fair.

There must be a way to even things out?
 
My friend, though Satan is stronger than you and I, he is no match for our God.

Pray, meditate on how the passion and crucifixion of our Lord conquers evil.

Praying for you, and please pray for me!
 
Please, Nelka, you need to talk to your Priest and a therapist. Nothing will improve until you take steps to help yourself.
 
Please, Nelka, you need to talk to your Priest and a therapist. Nothing will improve until you take steps to help yourself.
Please take this advice Nelka. I would add we have authority over the devil. Jesus gave it to us. Just tell the devil to go away like this… In the name of Jesus, go away.

Can you make an appointment with your Priest and therapist today?
 
I did knock on his door to try and get confession as there are no scheduled confessions today but there was no answer.
 
Could you email him, or phone the office? And could you get an appointment to see a therapist?
 
I did knock on his door to try and get confession as there are no scheduled confessions today but there was no answer.
I feel you need to speak to him, outside confession. Tell him you are having some issues and would find it helpful to speak with him.

Nelka, go and see your GP. Tell him or her of your troubles. And your financial constraints, let your GP work out a plan for you.
 
Last edited:
Talk to your GP about a referral. Your Priest may also be able to recommend a Catholic counseling service. Talk to your GP about how you’re feeling as well.

Don’t give up on it. Your health is too important.
 
I wouldn’t have the money for a therapist and I doubt there re any Catholic ones around.
Your priest may be able to help you find an appropriate solution that fits your budget.

Praying for you 🙏 I know how exasperating it is to cry out to God again and again for help with no answer. Sometimes, however, He is simply waiting for us to do something.

I hope you will soon be able to speak with your priest and start taking steps towards improving your situation. God bless!
 
I did knock on his door to try and get confession as there are no scheduled confessions today but there was no answer.
You need to call and make an appointment to talk to him outside confession.
I wouldn’t have the money for a therapist and I doubt there re any Catholic ones around.
Since you don’t know if there are any, you need to find out. Your priest may be able to help, if you’d talk to him.
 
Just tell the devil to go away like this…
This is what I do. There’s no need to be afraid of the Devil, Nelka. Remind him of his end and tell him to go away. If things are really bad just keep repeating the name of Jesus out loud, never forget the power that the Lord’s name has.
 
Last edited:
@Nelka, sometimes it’s hard to tell if you’re being sincere. You post these “poor me” threads a lot, then when people make suggestions to help you either ignore them completely or come up with some reason they won’t work so you can get back to the “poor me” refrain.

What is it you’re actually looking for? Do you actually want your life to get better? Are you willing to actually do something to make that happen? Frankly, it feels like sometimes you’re just looking to feel sorry for yourself.
 
Last edited:
Believe me I don’t want the poor me as you call it, I’d live to have the I’m so happy instead.

I don’t live in America where there are therapists on every corner but they cost a fortune.

Some people cope better than others, some people have more fight in them than others.

A short while ago, health excluded I really thought everything was going okay, I really started to feel happy and all of a sudden, like its not allowed, everything starting going pear shaped.

And spiritually, I think I am lost. This is the area that normally gets me through everything else, with a struggle of course but now I feel that is lost too.

That narrow gate seems impossible.
 
You can get free therapy on the NHS, @Nelka.


You can also get counseling via skype and phone, as well as in person or as part of a group. There are options available to you.

Does your workplace provide counselling? You could ask your HR department. It’s also worth checking out some charities which might offer support. And you can ask your Priest if he knows of anything.

Make an appointment to speak with your Priest and tell him how you feel, as well.

Happiness is allowed and you deserve it. It’s an awful thing, to tell yourself to put more effort in right when you’ve done so much already. But keep going. There is help out there for you.
 
Last edited:
A short while ago, health excluded I really thought everything was going okay, I really started to feel happy and all of a sudden, like its not allowed, everything starting going pear shaped.
You live in the UK, right? You live in a developed, first world country with a modern health system. Psychiatrists exist. Why don’t you go to your GP, describe what you’ve been experiencing, and ask for a referral to a psychiatrist. Maybe you need some medication. And if you do thats okay. There’s no shame in taking medication if you have a legitimate need.

I’m not a psychiatrist, so maybe this actually isn’t the answer. But I think you could at least benefit from having the conversation.
 
Last edited:
Some people cope better than others, some people have more fight in them than others.
So use them…like a tag team lol

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
…
There must be a way to even things out?
Mortal sin is not possible without use of free will. Ask yourself if there is a willful surrender to temptation? In the state of sanctifying grace a person cannot be harmed, per the Council of Trent.

Council of Trent, Session V, Decree Concerning Original Sin
5. … But this holy synod confesses and is sensible, that in the baptized there remains concupiscence, or an incentive (to sin); which, whereas it is left for our exercise, cannot injure those who consent not, but resist manfully by the grace of Jesus Christ; yea, he who shall have striven lawfully shall be crowned. …

Canon XVIII.-If any one saith, that the commandments of God are, even for one that is justified and constituted in grace, impossible to keep; let him be anathema.
 
Christ has already overcome the devil. Scripture tells us “resist the devil and he will flee from you”.

Scripture tells us “when you have done all you can do to stand, stand having your loins gird with truth, have the Helmet of salvation, the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God, the Shield of Faith that will quench ALL of the firey darts of the wicked, the Breastplate of Righteousness, your feet shod with the Good News”.

Stop attributing power to Satan when you are a conqueror.
I did knock on his door to try and get confession as there are no scheduled confessions today but there was no answer.
If you are in the US, most parishes keep regular M-F business hours. Confessions are often scheduled on Saturday, call the parish and they likely have a recording telling what time is Mass and where to call for emergencies. Go to the next Mass and arrive early, speak to Father.

Find the website for your Diocese and call Catholic Charities on Monday during business hours. They will know if there are Catholic therapists.

As was said, your General Practice Family Doctor can give you a referral, if you have insurance some therapy will be covered. If not, even small towns often have therapy mental health centers who offer help on a sliding scale based on income.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top