The four Marian dogmas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scottgun
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those seven books contradict Scripture. They were written in a time period when there was NO REVELATION FROM GOD. I’m no professor but anyone can see this if they’re willing to.
You didn’t answer my previous question. How do you know the Epistle of Jude or 3 John belong in the Bible? How do you know the Church did not make a mistake? You say God promised to preserve His word and I answer that God promised to preserve His Church.

God bless,
michael
 
Retranslate?

The Bible was given to us by God, the prophets, and the apostles. It then took the Catholic Church 400 some odd years to decide which books were in there. They even put seven in that did not belong. I’m really quite sick of reading your proud statements that we “got them from you”. We got them from God. Are you aware that sometimes, some of you sound like you are a cult?
We added seven books??? Have you even done any studies on the bible? It was the protestants that REMOVED 7 books on the OLD TESTAMENT. Do a little research. You can even look at this site catholic.com/library/Old_Testament_Canon.asp

Am i suppose to be insulted by saying i belong to a cult. Go look up what the word means.
webster.com/dictionary/cult

Main Entry: cult [webster.com/images/audio.gif](javascript:popWin(’/cgi-bin/audio.pl?cult0001.wav=cult’))
Pronunciation: 'k&lt
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate – more at WHEEL
1 : formal religious veneration : WORSHIP
2
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cult**s>
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : the object of such devotion c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion
 
“as if through fire” is talking about the judgement of our WORKS, not of us.
Well, after we die, where are our works? Aren’t they in our souls?

Or do you imagine that God is burning up people’s actual physical creations here on the earth? In which case, why do we still have the things that were created by the previous generations? Shouldn’t they have been burned up?
 
You didn’t answer my previous question. How do you know the Epistle of Jude or 3 John belong in the Bible? How do you know the Church did not make a mistake? You say God promised to preserve His word and I answer that God promised to preserve His Church.

God bless,
michael
The bible is the complete unerring Word of God.
It’s God’s book He made it. Not the Catholics.
 
We added seven books??? Have you even done any studies on the bible? It was the protestants that REMOVED 7 books on the OLD TESTAMENT. Do a little research. You can even look at this site catholic.com/library/Old_Testament_Canon.asp

Am i suppose to be insulted by saying i belong to a cult. Go look up what the word means.
webster.com/dictionary/cult

Main Entry: cult [webster.com/images/audio.gif](javascript:popWin(’/cgi-bin/audio.pl?cult0001.wav=cult’))
Pronunciation: 'k&lt
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate – more at WHEEL
1 : formal religious veneration : WORSHIP
2
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cult**s>
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : the object of such devotion c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion
So you admit you belong to a cult?
 
The bible is the complete unerring Word of God.
It’s God’s book He made it. Not the Catholics.
Who discerned which books were inspired and which were not? Paul wrote many letters, but not all of them were included in Scripture. A book can be absoutely true, and yet not be inspired. What is your version of the history of how the Canon was determined?

God Bless,
Michael
 
He also promised to protect and preserve His Church (Matthew 16:18-19). So explain the Protestant reformation to me? What, God did not keep his promise for over a millenia?

The only bullying here is when people cannot have a decent discussion without insults and being obnoxious.

God Bless,
Michael
Michael, the Church HAS been protected. Protetant, Catholic, heck Amish for cryin’ out loud. We are STILL the Church. I’m not going to explain the Reformation to you, especially on this thread.

You know what? I wish we could have a decent discussion without insults and being obnoxious. However, I acknowledge my part in the problem. I also admit that I usually do that in self-defence after someone does it to me. I logged off for a bit to calm down though. I think it may be best for me to pray like crazy to avoid the controversial threads…for the sake of my own faith.
 
Well, after we die, where are our works? Aren’t they in our souls?

Or do you imagine that God is burning up people’s actual physical creations here on the earth? In which case, why do we still have the things that were created by the previous generations? Shouldn’t they have been burned up?
Works are that. Works. They are objective events outside ourselves.

No, God looks into our hearts. Since He is a consuming fire, this is where we get the judgement of our works by fire. Any works He sees to be done for His glory will be rewarded. It’s as simple as that JM.
 
We added seven books??? Have you even done any studies on the bible? It was the protestants that REMOVED 7 books on the OLD TESTAMENT. Do a little research. You can even look at this site catholic.com/library/Old_Testament_Canon.asp

Am i suppose to be insulted by saying i belong to a cult. Go look up what the word means.
webster.com/dictionary/cult

Main Entry: cult [webster.com/images/audio.gif](javascript:popWin(’/cgi-bin/audio.pl?cult0001.wav=cult’))
Pronunciation: 'k&lt
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate – more at WHEEL
1 : formal religious veneration : WORSHIP
2
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cult**s>
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : the object of such devotion c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion
Calm down son. I never said you belonged to a cult. Make another false accusation and you will join the ignore list along with getting reported. Now, go back and read what I DID say!

Yes, I know about the Bible. I also know that there was NO REVELATION FROM GOD BETWEEN MALACHI AND THE NEW TESTAMENT. I also know that those extra seven books contradict Scripture. These two reasons at least prove that you ‘added’ them to Scripture. We never took anything out. If we did take them out it is because were following God’s command to hold fast to that which is good and to reject fables.
 
Michael, the Church HAS been protected. Protetant, Catholic, heck Amish for cryin’ out loud. We are STILL the Church. I’m not going to explain the Reformation to you, especially on this thread.

You know what? I wish we could have a decent discussion without insults and being obnoxious. However, I acknowledge my part in the problem. I also admit that I usually do that in self-defence after someone does it to me. I logged off for a bit to calm down though. I think it may be best for me to pray like crazy to avoid the controversial threads…for the sake of my own faith.
Do not return evil with evil, but overcome evil with good. That’s a tough thing to do, but it’s the best policy to adopt. All Protestants should cease using insults and all Catholics should treat their Protestant brothers and sisters with respect.
Though it may be a difficult pill to swallow for some of us, but we have to admit that Protestants are people too! 😛

God Bless,
Michael
 
So you admit you belong to a cult?
Don’t you?

Well if you believe and worship a GOD then your in the cult club too. Welcome!

The problem is that people believe that Cults mean brainwashing or being under the control of a certain person. Example. David K or Jim Jones. That is one form. But remember the catholic church does not force herself on you. You have to use your free will to follow her teachings. Just like you use your free will to actively sin against God.

Lets once again look at the definations
1 : *formal religious veneration : WORSHIP-----Yep. i like to worship and Venerate God. Since that is what he has asked us. So Jews, Muslims, Christians…heck everyone but Atheists does this
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; If you read a book (old testaments, bible, Koran etc) and pray to a God in a certain way (ex the Our father taught by Jesus) then we are signify a certain type of religious belief and rituals.
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; Well i would have to say that each religion believes that they other is unorthodox
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults> Um prayer?
**
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); Yep I love and am completely devoted to GOD and His son Jesus and the idea that God loves me!
*
b : the object of such devotion, Eucharist? I am so there!
c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion- Well I wouldn’t call Christianity a “a small group of people” but i think you get the idea
 
Calm down son. I never said you belonged to a cult. Make another false accusation and you will join the ignore list along with getting reported. Now, go back and read what I DID say!

Yes, I know about the Bible. I also know that there was NO REVELATION FROM GOD BETWEEN MALACHI AND THE NEW TESTAMENT. I also know that those extra seven books contradict Scripture. These two reasons at least prove that you ‘added’ them to Scripture. We never took anything out. If we did take them out it is because were following God’s command to hold fast to that which is good and to reject fables.
I am WOMEN so you can call me sister but not son. Thanks
 
I also know that those extra seven books contradict Scripture.
How can Scripture contradict Scripture?

By the way, Jesus had these “extra” seven books in His Bible, too. They were not removed from the Jewish Scriptures until many decades later, and no Christian thought of taking them out for more than a millenium after that.
 
How can Scripture contradict Scripture?

By the way, Jesus had these “extra” seven books in His Bible, too. They were not removed from the Jewish Scriptures until many decades later, and no Christian thought of taking them out for more than a millenium after that.
The septuagint also had books in it such as 3 Maccabees. Should we consider 3 Maccabees inspired? Of course not, so your point isn’t valid.

Also, the ECF’s were not unanimous in accepting what you guys call the deuterocanonicals.
 
Calm down son. I never said you belonged to a cult. Make another false accusation and you will join the ignore list along with getting reported. Now, go back and read what I DID say!

Yes, I know about the Bible. I also know that there was NO REVELATION FROM GOD BETWEEN MALACHI AND THE NEW TESTAMENT. I also know that those extra seven books contradict Scripture. These two reasons at least prove that you ‘added’ them to Scripture. We never took anything out. If we did take them out it is because were following God’s command to hold fast to that which is good and to reject fables.
So hoosierdaddy,

Why is that Jesus Himself used these seven books in His life? Also answer me this who and when did God tell reject the seven books. You do know that Calvin also wanted some of the NT removed. Also why did God decided to reveal the false hood of the seven books 1500 years after the Christian faith started. Do you think He was just psyched out the first Christians?

The books were removed in the late first century some 80 years after Jesus’ death and resurrection. and for some 1400+ years these seven books were used by Christians and ECF who never once mentioned they were wrong.
 
How can Scripture contradict Scripture?

By the way, Jesus had these “extra” seven books in His Bible, too. They were not removed from the Jewish Scriptures until many decades later, and no Christian thought of taking them out for more than a millenium after that.
Jews don’t accept the apocrypha.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top