W
whatevergirl
Guest
*Had a talk with my sister last night, for those of you who don’t know, she has been divorced now for some time (5 years maybe?) and has been dating lots of men. Lots. :hypno: She never explored the annulment process, she and I have discussed that a few times, she was married for nearly 30 yrs, and feels the tribunal would never give her a degree of nullity, and she’s not sure she wants to put her ‘‘ex’’ through that ordeal. Okay, only so much I can say anymore…I did plant the seed, hoping she would either reconcile with her husband, or explore the annulment process.
That said, she wrote me an email today…saying…’‘the grass has not been greener.’’
I feel for her. I think she realizes that the men she has been dating, have lacked the moral character and integrity her husband has/had. He made his mistakes, he wasn’t perfect, I didn’t even like the guy, growing up. But, he loved my sister for who she really is, and was a moral man, even thought he flubbed some things, and I can understand why she was ‘‘fed up,’’ they should have worked on their differences. (too long of a story to get into here)
My question is this…is there hope for a marriage that has been legally over for 5+ years, to possibly reconcile? I don’t know if it is my place to suggest that to her? She asks me to pray…for her to find someone to love her, to spend her life with, but I can’t pray for that.
I pray for her wellbeing, and peace, and for her to come back to the Church, fully…but, I can’t pray for her to meet a new man, in the state her Sacramental marriage is in.
Just wondering what you might say in such a situtaion, with a family member. *
That said, she wrote me an email today…saying…’‘the grass has not been greener.’’
My question is this…is there hope for a marriage that has been legally over for 5+ years, to possibly reconcile? I don’t know if it is my place to suggest that to her? She asks me to pray…for her to find someone to love her, to spend her life with, but I can’t pray for that.
Just wondering what you might say in such a situtaion, with a family member. *