W
whatevergirl
Guest
*This is amazing insight…I have read your point on this in other threads (about divorcing a parent) I wonder though if she was divorcing our dad…that is who she didn’t want to become, and she was becoming a caretaker all over again, when her husband had his first and second heart attacks. I remember, she was very cold, almost like she was angry for him having a heart attack. I could see where she would be angry after the first one, and he still was eating badly and not following doc’s orders…she felt like he didn’t love her, by not trying to get healthy. But in general, I have heard her come right out and say that she did not want to ‘‘end up like daddy.’’ Our dad smoked several packs of cigarettes a day to deal with the stress of our ill mom…and she thinks I have romanticized my dad in my mind. I haven’t…I know he had shortcomings, but he was a rock for the family. She feels men should be the rocks, when my BIL ‘‘fell’’ from that role, and she had to become the rock, she didn’t like that. If that makes sense. *They say your first divorce is really from a parent. I bet your sister was “divorcing your mother”.
Something to think about… she married someone who fell into a pattern like she grew up with and she rejected it.