L
LaSalle
Guest
There is no doubt about it; homosexual sex is just a sin and this will never change - it goes against the moral law and is a church teaching that is infallible.
The issue now is the perception that those who do not support gay marriages/unions are intolerant. I am simply unable to refute why we are NOT intolerant.
One argument is that once we allow gays to get married, we will change the definition of marriage. Change for whom? So what?
I think we should treat them the same way we treated the other religions when they first appeared in Christiandom … we must have felt threatened and we probably didn’t want their influence in our midst. I mean, I think we’ll lose more Catholics to the Protestants and Muslims than to gays! If we can get along with the Protestants and the Muslims in our midst… hey …
It was culturally unacceptable to bury people who committed suicide in Christian cemeteries … but we changed that practice, not the doctrine - Suicide remains a sin if it was done willfully and without a psychotic cause.
The issue now is the perception that those who do not support gay marriages/unions are intolerant. I am simply unable to refute why we are NOT intolerant.
One argument is that once we allow gays to get married, we will change the definition of marriage. Change for whom? So what?
I think we should treat them the same way we treated the other religions when they first appeared in Christiandom … we must have felt threatened and we probably didn’t want their influence in our midst. I mean, I think we’ll lose more Catholics to the Protestants and Muslims than to gays! If we can get along with the Protestants and the Muslims in our midst… hey …
It was culturally unacceptable to bury people who committed suicide in Christian cemeteries … but we changed that practice, not the doctrine - Suicide remains a sin if it was done willfully and without a psychotic cause.