The reality of changing the world

  • Thread starter Thread starter John121
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone bought me a personal bible when I was younger I would of read it I think ! Instead I did not read it until I was 25 after many mistakes from not believing in God because I had no faith for lack of reading his word
 
You may well have read it. I can only assume that the recipients that I know of didn’t. I don’t believe a shortage of bibles, at least in the western countries, is the issue.
 
You’re far too focused on money and fame.

If you want to put the Bible into a billion hands, ask people to donate Bibles to their preferred Bible donation organization and they will distribute them to those who wish to own a copy in their own languages.
 
I’m struggling to see how Jesus in the gospels says if you want to be perfect sell all your possessions and pick up your cross and follow me…

A million euro or more would change a lot of lives I think you could build a charity spread the gospel message how can you do this if your poor and gave away all your possessions !
Have you sold all of your possessions, picked up your Cross and followed Him? When you have, you will be able to answer that.
 
Up are free to read whatever you choose.
Books are not the key. How we interpret and choose to live through what we read or through other influences on our lives is what is important.
 
@John121, a million bibles or a million YouTube videos or a million ads gets you a social movement and some headlines. It’s not what you need in order to save souls. It has to be personal. What you really need is a bunch of individuals – human persons, in real life – people with Christ-like love going out into the world, glorifying the Lord by their lives, and winning over one person and one soul at a time.
 
40.png
Irishmom2:
I certainly don’t envy mother Theresa she accomplished a lot with funding.
Begrudge does not mean envy. It is clear you know little about Mother Teresa as well.
 
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
St. Paul also could have said “If I have a billion dollars, and a YouTube channel, and a TV station, but do not have love…”
 
@John121, The most successful charities all started out small and grew as people saw the value of their work and contributed to support their work. Even when a billionaire chooses to set up a charity, it is done by establishment of a foundation with a board to oversee the foundation, and has a business plan they hire experienced people to execute. I doubt anyone would help you, let alone trust you with their money. I wish you the best, but you need to start small.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top