The recent conversations about abortion have me flustered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if I’m reading the OP right the complaint isn’t that certain things are being proscribed that bothers him. It’s that something isn’t being proscribed or taught at all.

Your point however still stands,

Yes, that is how I read it. He can find the moral stance he wishes, in some Anglican venues. And likely would find others that was less to his mind, in doing so.

It’s easier to blame society than your own shortcomings.
Sadly (and at the risk of having this post deleted and / or being suspended again), this current pontificate often blames society rather than the individual. That’s why I believe Pope Francis “edited” the Catechism on the death penalty; it’s because he often sees sin as a result of mistreatment in society. Thus, the murderer on death row must have killed someone not because of personal inclination to sin, but because his socio-economic status in life or mistreatment by society led them to no other choice but to become a hardened murderer. Therefore, to Pope Francis, the very society that encouraged the person to murder in the first place has no right to execute them. In many ways, this current pontificate considers the greatest sin to be a “rigid” Catholic who is not open to the “surprises” (i.e., modernist / progressive theological changes) of the “holy spirit.” (using small letters because this spirit is obviously not part of the Trinity, because the Vatican nowadays seems to think that the Holy Spirit, Who is God, somehow operates in opposition to the Father and Son).

Can you post the material that supports this skewed view of sin on the Pope’s part?

The moral evaluation of the death penalty points to the sanctity of human life. Because the Church lives in the present, at this time, the death penalty is inadmissible due to other forms of punishment and remediation that are available.

No need.

And being Catholic, in the Anglican tradition, no need to be anything else.

Ah, but could you be Anglican in the year 500?
1000?
1500?
33AD?
I wasn’t able to be Anglican until 1991. I definitely couldn’t have been one nearly 2000 years ago. Had I been, I’d be dead now.

Which family of Anglicanism are you a member of?
I would loosely identify as evangelical Anglican. Though my local church is pretty broad. As a RC I would consider myself Charismatic, but there are so few churches in Southern Ontario that embrace this form of worship.

40.png
redbetta:
It’s easier to blame society than your own shortcomings.
Sadly (and at the risk of having this post deleted and / or being suspended again), this current pontificate often blames society rather than the individual. That’s why I believe Pope Francis “edited” the Catechism on the death penalty; it’s because he often sees sin as a result of mistreatment in society. Thus, the murderer on death row must have killed someone not because of personal inclination to sin, but because his socio-economic status in life or mistreatment by society led them to no other choice but to become a hardened murderer. Therefore, to Pope Francis, the very society that encouraged the person to murder in the first place has no right to execute them. In many ways, this current pontificate considers the greatest sin to be a “rigid” Catholic who is not open to the “surprises” (i.e., modernist / progressive theological changes) of the “holy spirit.” (using small letters because this spirit is obviously not part of the Trinity, because the Vatican nowadays seems to think that the Holy Spirit, Who is God, somehow operates in opposition to the Father and Son).
All Western Christian countries have abolished the death penalty apart from the US (and tiny Belarus). It is recognised that it no longer represents true justice but has been subsumed into the modern culture of death which esteems a ‘right to kill’. All the popes for the last 50 years have been working towards abolition of the death penalty world wide because it no longer reflects Christian justice but feeds the beastly blood lust of power driven factions.

Your accusations against the Pope is the same as those the Pharisees threw at Jesus.

And hence why I thought of it.

Plus, the reference to Ontario was a good guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back