W
wholeneworld13
Guest
Getting married in 6 months…little hesitant! Young 21 year old! Any advice or unforeseen circumstances you’d like to share I’m all ears 
Don’t make a big deal out of things that don’t have to be a big deal.
I have to continually remind myself that there are things that I do which drive my husband crazy…I agree with BlueEyedLady. That is what caused the most problems early on in our marriage. I would say communication is key and work things out early on. So many couples end up keeping things in and not working them out and then building bitterness. Also warning there will be little things about what your spouse does around the house that will drive you CRAZY! Little things like leaving their shirts on the floor next to the hamper, or not putting down the toilette seat, how they wash the dishes differently, or leaving piles of paperwork around the house. Just remember they grew up in a different house that did things a different way. In time you two will develop your own way.
I can’t read that book. Even as an adult it makes me sob.Get the book, The Velveteen Rabbit and read it together. It is a pretty good metaphor for a marital relationship. Over the years, our eyes ravel, buttons get pulled off, or more likely, pushed, and fur gets thin through all the contact or by being pulled out. But in the end, the rabbit realizes he has become what he always wanted to be, real.
Yes, it is to be found in the childrens section!