M
MaryandJoseph
Guest
My 15 year old will freeing admit that he attends Mass and comfirmation class ONLY because he has no choice. He is a terrific altar server (infact Father will ask him to fill in when someone fails to show) and he believes in God…but that is the extent of it.
Although my husband (a cradle Catholic) and me (a convert) both agree that our son should attend Mass, we disagree about “forcing” him to take comfirmation class. My husband believes that he should be comfirmed and I believe that by forcing him, he will abandond everything when he is old enough to do so. It took me 41 years to Come Home to Holy Mother Church (an atheist before that) and I don’t want our son to hate our beautiful faith or God which is happening now,
Talking to priests about this is confusing to me. The liberal ones say to let him make his own choices while the conservative ones say we are making the right call with this,I am not sure what to do here. Do I stand up to my husband and allow our son to drop comfirmation until he is ready or continue to make our son attend even though he does not believe?
Although my husband (a cradle Catholic) and me (a convert) both agree that our son should attend Mass, we disagree about “forcing” him to take comfirmation class. My husband believes that he should be comfirmed and I believe that by forcing him, he will abandond everything when he is old enough to do so. It took me 41 years to Come Home to Holy Mother Church (an atheist before that) and I don’t want our son to hate our beautiful faith or God which is happening now,
Talking to priests about this is confusing to me. The liberal ones say to let him make his own choices while the conservative ones say we are making the right call with this,I am not sure what to do here. Do I stand up to my husband and allow our son to drop comfirmation until he is ready or continue to make our son attend even though he does not believe?