To convert a protestant pastor

• Thread starter Thread starter consuela
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

consuela

If you had an open-minded protestant (not anti-Catholic) willing to read ONE book to convince him or at least give him a start in thinking that the Catholic Church is the True Church which one would you give him?
Suggestions please.

The first book that comes to mind is Scott Hahn’s book “A Father Who keeps His Promises”

Surprised by Truth… or i think it’s called “Journeys home”

I would contact the coming Home network. That is their specialty, protestant pastors that are open and seeking.

Good Luck!

I like *A Biblical Defense of Catholicism * by Dave Armstrong.
This book is very insightful for the open minded individual who is seeking biblical answers – especially Protestants who always seem to ask, “Where does it say that in the Bible”. Dave shows you where! 👍

Karl Keating’s “Catholicism and Fundamentalism.” And I’m not just saying that because it’s his forum 🙂 It’s a great book.

“Crossing The Tiber” is an excellant book. Written by a former Protestant.

Speaking of Marcus Grodi and “The Coming Home Network” there is a book edited by him which contains the conversion stories of a number of Protestant clergy to Catholicism. I think it’s called “Journeys Home.”

If he were VERY anti-Catholic, I’d give him Karl’s book.

I second Dave Armstrong’s A Biblical Defense of Catholicism…and it has the added advantage of being available for a low price in a .doc format via email. ic.net/~erasmus/RAZINDEX.HTM (That’s his site…he has lots of material online as well, and about 10 books out).

Scott Hahn “A Father Who Keeps His Promises” and “Confession of a Roman Catholic” by Paul Whitcomb—

Before becoming a Catholic, I was an Assembly of God pastor. It was Karl Keating’s Catholicism and Fundamentalism that brought me into the Catholic Church. I believe it’s the most powerful book available for open-minded protestants who are seriously looking for truth.

40.png
consuela:
If you had an open-minded protestant (not anti-Catholic) willing to read ONE book to convince him or at least give him a start in thinking that the Catholic Church is the True Church which one would you give him?
Suggestions please.
Um. The Catechism of the Catholic Church, of course.

It has TONS of references to where in Scripture the Faith comes from.

The Catechism is online at:

The Holy See (the Vatican)

vatican.va/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm

And it’s also completely online, with a user-friendly search engine to it provided by St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church parish (located in Picayune, MS) here:

scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

Hope this helps!
👍

I’d second Karl Keating’s “Catholicism and Fundamentalism.” It is a great nuts and bolts apologetic. But the book “Journey Home, Surprised by the Truth” gives eleven stories of other pastors who converted to RCC. I liked this book because each of these people had their problems with the RCC, but overcame them. Scott Hahn’s book or audio tape “Rome Sweet Home” is a walk through his discernment process and would be helpful for some. I am sure there are lots of others.

Ninty-Five Reasons for Becoming or Remaining Catholic by Paul Key a convert who was a Presbyterian pastor. Available from The Coming Home Network at www.chnetwork.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back