To convert a protestant pastor

• Thread starter Thread starter consuela
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I’m trying to aid in the conversion of yet another Protestant Pastor, but I have to give a shout out for St. Francis de Sales!!

Now, if the pastor is not Reformed, then the book may not be ideal for him, because St. Francis’ The Catholic Controversy is directed at the Calvinists in the Geneva area where he was laboring. According to pious tradition (history?), he was quite succesful. But you say “Protestant” and not all non-Catholics can correctly lay claim to that identity.

It’s a bigger book, like 400 pages, but it is simply tracts he wrote to the people, since they wouldn’t talk to him. Some are long, some are short, but it covers so many things quite well. And he’s a Doctor and Bishop of the Church, something that makes him distinct from many of the other authors.

40.png
consuela:
If you had an open-minded protestant (not anti-Catholic) willing to read ONE book to convince him or at least give him a start in thinking that the Catholic Church is the True Church which one would you give him?
Suggestions please.
My Life on the Rock: A Rebel Returns to the Catholic Faith, by Jeff Cavins, a former protestant pastor.

If he is a Southern Baptist, the Catechism will not work. I was told by a preacher that this is a “Man made book” and we don’t believe in it. Hence, will not read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back