Transgender and claiming you’re catholic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maddog15
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The single, celibate life is a vocation no less than the married, religious and priesthood. It is honoured by the Church but maybe not so much recognized and respected in our secular world.
Not sure what celibacy has to do with gender identity.
 
God loves you and the church should fervently pray for this soul.
 
You got that from one post? It is difficult to explain what one is going through as a transgender person to someone who is open to listening, but is impossible to explain to someone who isn’t open, has an agenda.
 
I have always liked cars, things mechanical and taking them apart and rough games of strength and prowess. I never noticed fashion, liked to discuss hair, what colors/clothes/shoes go with this body type etc etc. Not have I ever cared much about my appearance or how beautiful I seem to others, nor to be noticed in that way. But I know many girls do almost from the time they can see.

They do not tend to rave on about how powerful a car is or how fast it can go.
To be fair, a good portion of this could describe me as well, especially if you swapped cars out for general science interest and an obsession with lego robots. I learned that I had to gain at least some interest in fashion though, because of the social expectations and that other people would notice and judge me on it.
 
Yes. Gender’s present themselves in two different ways, they compliment each other. The beauty of gender.
 
Well congrats on “knowing” I’m not a boy, even though I never said I was one?
 
I mean people are complex with different likes, skills and personalities. A woman who has short hair and works as a plumber is no less a woman than one with long hair who works as a nurse for example.
 
It’s good to be aware, because it affects how you’re perceived. It’s not like, say, “classic” clothing isn’t another aspect of fashion. If I dressed the way I find comfortable, a lot of people would assume I was gay (which doesn’t always stop me, to be fair).
 
We shouldn’t though, clothes and style shouldn’t have to be a statement about our gender or sexuality. I’ve been wearing my husbands clothes because they are longer and cover my tummy, I’d be highly amused if people interpreted it as me trying out life as a man.
 
And that is because the stereotyping is too simplistic and wrong.
 
The external presentation, does not define our gender, it does not define who we are as human beings, the inner personality is what we should be defined as, but that requires getting to know people, which society has come to find difficult because we have put up so many barriers in place because of the expectations placed upon ourselves by everything around us.
 
But it is you who said something about women wearing clothes that made them look as something else.
Is it realistic to say that what we wear is detached completely from who we are?
Do clothes send a message or not?
 
Last edited:
The external presentation, does not define our gender
It can be a person’s gender expression. It may not be important to you but is will be important to them.
the inner personality is what we should be defined as, but that requires getting to know people, which society has come to find difficult because we have put up so many barriers in place because of the expectations placed upon ourselves by everything around us.
I agree getting to know people is important but you can’t know everyone with the same intimacy. I don’t know what barriers you think are in place but healthy boundaries are crucial.
 
Blessings,
Sweet child of God. There is a God! He loves you. God is not the author of confusion, but of a sound mind.
(Satan)
The thief does not come,except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
Did you ever think, that each one of us has a cross to carry? Sometimes more than one.
We can be happy going from birth to death w/o having sex. Unless married, purity is a must. SIGH! You know how well we are doing on that topic. But purity in body and spirit is our goal. As a married woman of 50 yrs (Praise God), I am to be pure in Spirit. I don’t watch bad movies or TV programs. ( one but it’s a long story). Our reading material should be respectable. Our speech is to be gentle.
We must die to self. As we grow in Christ, we become less and He becomes more.
If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me” (Matthew 16:24, NASB). But dying to self isn’t bleak and terrible. Jesus continued: “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it” (Matthew 16:25, NASB).
There is a time in life we question our faith and our identity and vocation.
We are only hear for a short time. Where we spend eternity is how we live our lives.
There is a God. There are renowned scientists who believe. There are some who don’t. I was a nurse. Nothing can’t create anything.There is nothing there that can be created. There has to be radiation present and atomic particles to begin creating something. The human body is such a delicate, complex structure. It had to be designed and molded. In faith, b/c we can’t understand, we give credit to God. How can we explain the greatness of God. He always was and will be. The energy behind the creation.
Your faith is right on.
God doesn’t create junk. Why are you in a girls body, thinking you are a guy? Science is coming out w a new speculation. At the beginning of our formation,while the neural tube is open and what will be your brain is exposed(embryo). The hormones are created in a tube that squirts the hormone out. If the testosterone hits the brain material, you’ll feel like a boy even if your body is a girls. ???
or (this is not Catholic or Christian) But, if reincarnation is true. In one life, you were a guy. This life, a girl. Your not suppose to recall previous lives but some memory slipped through.
What are you to do?! Obviously, God would want you to experience the life of a girl. (to match your body). God gives us tools to get from life to death in His grace. Forgive me on reincarnation thought. Bible says, One life. One death. One resurrection. I don’t want to come back.
There is some pretty strong evidence to support reincarnation. Could Satan give ppl memories of other lives to contaminate their faith? Would believing in Reincarnation keep us out of heaven, if we really love God? (cont)
Tweedlealice
 
Last edited:
You are baptized in the Catholic Church and no one can undo this not even death. The Holy Spirit baptizes not human beings.
So you will be judged by God as being Catholic no matter what you do.
I don’t wanna upset you but you know all of us want something else when we look in the mirror most of the times. You just wanna chanhe everything from scratch. Just know that, psychologically scientists and direct observation has confirmed me that men don’t stare that much in the mirror as we girls do. So your upset over what you see in the mirror is feminine. You don’t have to dress girly girl even as a woman. God knows most fashion styles for women aren’t what men would have us wear or what our mothers would either.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
I pray to just relax a bit and enjoy life as it is now. May God show you what happy is.
Amen
✝️
 
I agree getting to know people is important but you can’t know everyone with the same intimacy.
Yup - most of the places I’ve found where your presentation is important are where you aren’t really getting to know the other person. Easy example: when I was looking at apartments, I dressed up a bit, put on makeup, that sort of thing. Because I want to be perceived as a mature, responsible adult and I’m more likely to get that in a nice sweater and tasteful makeup and jewelry, than an oversized men’s top and leggings - even if I find the latter more comfortable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top