Transgender and claiming you’re catholic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maddog15
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
One has to be careful even w Catholic therapists. I was going to one for marital counseling. Alone!
Hence, counseling. Anyway, 2 Nd visit=you should get divorced. I said,” Pard me??” “I don’t think so!”
Situational ethics from humanism has sucked ppl to have their own set of rules…
May the Holy Spirit, lead all of us in love and truth…to be in a relationship w Jesus(God).
In Christ’s love
Tweedlealice
 
If my dress makes others have sinful thoughts, that’s partly my fault. It’s partly theirs b/c if a tempting thought goes through their brain, they are to reject it, not entertain it.
I don’t think dress is related to sinful thoughts, when I belonged to a puritan influenced sect, they spent hours and hours and hours debating dress. primarily female attire. As far as I know it is still a sin in their eyes for a woman to wear trousers. There were only two debates on male clothing as far as I am aware. The first was that a man should wear a tie to hide the buttons, otherwise a woman could undress him with her eyes. The second debate was where a man’s trousers were not quite long enough and the socks were not quite high enough and you could see a little of the leg. A man should either pull his socks up or his pants down, I believe someone once said, finding a solution to the problem. I find the whole thing silly.

As I have said in a previous post, I attend a lot of concerts as part of my work. The situation I was referring to was a Bieb concert. 25000 teenage girls all trying to out-do each other in lack of dress. My wife happened to be with me, and she asked the question when did girls stop wearing clothes and start wearing bits of string. Not every girl wants to find her identity through that portrait, through that definition, and not all boys want that in a female.

I have learned one thing from this thread, 2 of my posts got deleted because I used 2 different terms which were deemed offensive and a personal attack. I found that rather interesting because they are not deemed to be taboo in my culture, and most certainly not a personal attack. They are still perfectly normal colors of expression, so it seems to me that the word-police have progressed considerably further in US culture than it has in my own. I then get judged according to US cultural norms rather than my own context of which it was framed. So now I am left having to say a complete sentence of words to express the same thing, or just by-pass certain topics all together.
 
Last edited:
They are still perfectly normal colors of expression, so it seems to me that the word-police have progressed considerably further in US culture than it has in my own. I then get judged according to US cultural norms rather than my own context of which it was framed
I have had a similar experience. Never refer to God speaking through Balam’s a**, always say donkey. I was banned even after a moderator inspected the post. In my country no innuendo is attached to a 3 letter word for donkey. Not so in the US it seems. Then we have the reverse when Americans come to my country and say fan*y. Well that doesnt mean one’s posterior here, it means something only females possess!
 
Last edited:
This is a TOUGH one! I have a brother-in-law that’s transitioning; he identifies as a female but has gender expression that’s male. You can still be saved by Christ and struggle with the cross of attempting to be accepted by others whether by how you were born biologically or how you identify.

Sometimes we might feel that if we call you by your chosen pronoun of your gender identity that we are somehow sinning by being asked to endorse your gender identity rather than simply to respect / accept your gender identity. We might be incorrect in this presumption. However, there’s nothing wrong under all circumstances of us using the first name you wish to be called (i.e. a male name). Many well wishes.

You were made in the image and likeness of Christ. Best wishes on your spiritual journey. I think you can find friends who truly understand you and make you feel whole. The pronouns are a tough one. I think it’s perfectly acceptable to be called by your new name, but the pronoun is hard like he, she, their. You want people to accept you for who you are and your ability and your character. People can accept you for whom you are is most important. You want genuine people full of goodwill.
 
Last edited:
Blessings,
When were we talking about Purtins? I was talking about in my life time. Skipping dress, my other comment is how our actions can stimulate sin in another person. Such as:: my car driving, may have another driver to finger me… I’m partly joking.
Aren’t we striving to be Christ inside and out. He may never have driven a car…
Purity in mind, heart and soul.
Burkas are not required. Pants and skirts near knee allowed. Quiet dignity and mystery. Anyway,
In Christ’s love
Tweedlealice
 
When were we talking about Purtins?
When we believe that a females dress sense makes men have sinful thoughts, then we are talking Puritan with an ‘a’ and yes capital ‘P’, a belief system occasionally discussed by GKC. I used my own history, my own learning, to show the extent of such a thought process.
 
Well Thank you, Darryl. I guess you are content w your daughters going out w extreme mini skirts, Tight tops, heavy makeup and 5 inch heels w platforms. Don’t forget the thong underwear. No Burkas needed. Leviticus says NO TATTOOS! That was interesting! Piercings?
I really don’t understand some thinking anything goes w dress. Can we not be ladylike and hopefully, Christian? Should we wear some of these skimpy outfits in front of Jesus? He sees them.
Curious
Tweedlealice
 
I think a lot of us have an issue with the idea that women’s clothing makes men do anything. It’s better I think to discuss modesty without pushing it as something that’s all about men. Because let’s face it, I’ve had plenty of sinful thoughts expressed my way simply from being female in public, no matter how covered.
 
The thing I am concerned with is that so often transitioning is hailed as the best treatment, when depression levels remain, you get greater risk of cancer, tons of dangers in hormones and surgery, yadda yadda.

I think there’s got to be better ways to help those with the issue.
Sure, it might feel good for a short time, perhaps even a while. But, I say it is like eating out of stress. It may feel good, even for a while. But, eventually, harm is done to your body, except it is “irreparable”. There’s got to be a better way, I’m sure of it.
 
I think both the issue of transwomen needing women to put their fears aside in order to validate them as female and the issue of women being told to dress modestly for the benefit of men comes down to the good old patriarchal belief that it is the duty of women to be the emotional caretakers of men.
 
Have you ever considered going to a good Catholic therapist?
Ah, now you have overcome the shyness and told us what your code words here really mean:
The thing I am concerned with is that so often transitioning is hailed as the best treatment.
So a good Catholic therapist will always steer a patient away from surgery or hormone solutions?

If so that does seem problematic.
 
Last edited:
What is problematic in steering away from mutilating hormones and surgery? From a Catholic point of view.
 
I might expect such making it as though I am saying something I am not saying from some news organizations if I were a politician. However, I am not, and I am at least 86% sure you’re not a news station, so the great question is why you’re trying to take my personal opinion as though that is what is think should be the opinion of all good Catholic therapists? Like, the two comments are so far apart why would you at all think they were connected unless you want to try to set up some “gotcha” moment? And if that is the point, why?

But, do I think that the idea of irreparable damage to one’s body is a sufficient treatment of the thing? No, especially when many regret it. In fact, the idea that transition is the end all cures, in my opinion, is holding us back from finding something much better.
 
I might expect such making it as though I am saying something I am not saying …
Not at all. I am asking you to clarify precisely so I do not do that. Hence the question:
“So will a good Catholic therapist always steer a patient away from surgery or hormone solutions?”
 
Last edited:
Being homosexual or lesbian in sexual orientation is NOT a sin,
so being transsexual is not either, on condition you live a chaste
life, that is do not act upon your sexual desires, remain celibate,
that may seem like a tall ORDER, but you are NOT ALONE, many
have found celibacy a means to draw CLOSER to God.
CCC says this:@CatechismAPI - Search the Catechism
 
Last edited:
This is the OP’s one and only post. Hmmmmm…
 
Last edited:
No bright lights no 20 questions no accusations and no apologies needed.
Just wanting to know what your good catholic therapist is free to suggest?
 
Last edited:
All that is in good standing with the Church’s views. I am a Catholic, but not a therapist or psychiatrist or psychotherapist, so I do not know all the ethical dilemmas and the correct answers concerning this field.

But just get a good therapist etc who is a ) Catholic and b ) doesn’t hold wacky views contrary or not in line with Church teaching.
 
So back to the question, “Will a good Catholic therapist always steer a patient away from surgery or hormone solutions?”

That’s shorthand for “is this in line with Church teaching” … you appear to think not from your post.
As I said, that may be problematic if you believe this is what Church teaching requires in every case.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top