Trump signs order targeting undocumented immigrants in the US census

  • Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, we will “amend” the Constitution,the same way the American left “amended” the Constitution to ban evil-looking semi-automatic rifles.
 
Last edited:
She’s correct. But not in the sense she means.
I’m not even sure what sense I meant. It was just a fact back then and probably why the census counted everyone, with the stated exceptions above. So, if it’s implied that we didn’t consider the illegal immigrants back then it’s because there weren’t illegal immigrants back then. I agree that the laws later changed…that’s why we now have immigrants that are considered illegal.
 
They are real people. Real people who should go home.
Whether they should, or can, go home is ultimately a different issue.

Until they go home, they count for purposes of enumeration in the census.
 
Yea, we need to defy Trump so that we can help the atheistic, abortion party to attain more power, right?
 
More illegal immigrants in leftist strongholds such as California can give them an inordinate and unjust power over the rest of the nation. I support Trump’s order. It may eventually be up to the SCOTUS to determine its legality.
 
There is something to be said for certain states benefiting from the numbers of illegals living there to stack the deck. CA, anyone?

But ultimately I think this is much ado over nothing.

Consider: answers to census questions are by law confidential for 70 years. Only this year is the 1950 census now being opened up for public access. Dunno how that works in practice, but that is the current law.

So how would this order be enforced? The short version is it can’t be done without violating the confidentiality of the census form answers.

I know that census workers aren’t allowed to ask or even speculate about citizenship and other topics. Only what’s on the form, that’s it. So nothing there to keep illegals from continuing to respond to the census.

I would have preferred to see the citizenship question stay in the questionnaire; it wouldn’t affect the population count for reapportionment, but it would be a useful snapshot. But perhaps that’s a view the progressives don’t want us to have.
 
I would have preferred to see the citizenship question stay in the questionnaire; it wouldn’t affect the population count for reapportionment, but it would be a useful snapshot. But perhaps that’s a view the progressives don’t want us to have.
I wouldn’t be against the question, but, knowing it fit into the Trump plan to not count illegal aliens, was glad it wasn’t included.
 
This right here is why conservatives will always lose. Nationalism is the future of the right, not blind adherence to a rulebook that applies only to one side!
 
This right here is why conservatives will always lose. Nationalism is the future of the right, not blind adherence to a rulebook that applies only to one side!
Without adherence to the foundational principle of constitutional conservatism, individual rights pre-exist Government and government’s main function is to protect individual rights- we just become progressives.
 
Allow this egregious loophole abuse in the name of “principle”, and you help solidify the cultural Marxist stranglehold on power in this country which will further prevent the realization of your principles. In short, you are in a trap of your own making where anything you do leads to defeat. This is why conservatives always lose.
 
Allow this egregious loophole abuse in the name of “principle”, and you help solidify the cultural Marxist stranglehold on power in this country which will further prevent the realization of your principles. In short, you are in a trap of your own making where anything you do leads to defeat. This is why conservatives always lose.
Which loophole have a allowed for?
 
So why do you think the Left wants illegal aliens counted in the census? If you think it has nothing to do with additional bodies in their illegal-friendly districts giving them additional seats in the House of Representatives, I have some oceanfront property in North Dakota that I want to sell.
 
So why do you think the Left wants illegal aliens counted in the census?
I can only suggest a constitutional amendment.
Or, go to court.
If you think it has nothing to do with additional bodies in their illegal-friendly districts giving them additional seats in the House of Representatives, I have some oceanfront property in North Dakota that I want to sell.
What is your suggestion?
Send them home? I agree.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top