Trump supporters try to run Biden campaign bus off the road

• Thread starter Thread starter puer.dei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you accidently missed this sentence. It would have cleared all of your confusion in what I wrote.
criticize ideas, not people .
A careful reading of my post would have shown the irony was in the uproar by CNN and others who refused to call the violence of the summer for what it was instead of downplaying it to nothing.
A careful reading of the topic of this thread shows it is about a bus incident. The topic of the thread is not “the summer of violence” or " which media outlet is downplaying it"
Those two topics are off topic on this thread.
Start a new thread to discuss those two topics.
Start a new thread to discuss the perceived irony of the uproar of the media and its expression on different threads.

Last edited:
A careful reading of the topic of this thread shows it is about a bus incident. The topic of the thread is not “the summer of violence” or " which media outlet is downplaying it"
Those two topics are off topic on this thread.
If I recall rightly, Horton stayed on topic with a comparative approach to the violence. Bus incident as portrayed by CNN vs rioting as portrayed in the media. There does seem to be a bit a discrepancy in how the topic of violence is treated,.

Here’s an article from CBS contending that the Trump caravan was not the reason for the cancellation of a rally in Austin.
AUSTIN, Texas (KEYE) — The Biden-Harris Bus made a brief appearance in Downtown Austin at 11th and Lavaca on Friday.

Texas Democrats were hoping to host speakers like Congressman Lloyd Doggett, Wendy Davis and Austin Mayor Steve Adler but the Texas Democrats told us they canceled the event so not to take away attention from vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris, who made three stops in the Lone Star State on Friday in Forth Worth, McAllen and Houston.

The Biden bus has also been closely followed by Trump supporters while on the road, though Texas Democrats insist their presence didn’t affect their decision to call off the downtown Austin rally."

This is a public forum, where members of CAF are able to converse and debate topics. I can share my opinions as freely as I want as long as THE MODERATORS do no feel I am violating the TOS. You are not a moderator.

I did not criticize you, only your perception of what I wrote which was incorrect. You incorrectly assumed I condoned the the bus incident and criticized me greatly for having your assumed position of turning the country in to one of complete chaos.

Since you then could not refute my opinion any longer, you claim foul by stating I am “off topic”. I urge you to sample a great variety of threads throughout CAF where there threads really go off topic.

Please stop with your harassment of me, I can post what I like, when I like, where I like as long as I stay within the TOS. You, however, are not the ultimate arbitrator of those TOS. Have a good day.

I didn’t realize that the Biden bus was ever on the road. I mean EVER.

Passengers on the bus, associated with the bus and the drivers asserted the truth of it. There is also video evidence. That is truth.
Scandal exists in that the down hill ski run slope where it has hit the jump where those of other political ideologies are called ‘non truth’ speakers and incidents like this, that they have experienced are said to have
There is no reason to believe what the passengers said.
Truth requires no interpretation.
Okay, the truth is, because of support of infanticide (not everyone but a fair presence of it), I think anything the Democrat party says is dubious and should be proven. At least nationally. So, we are hearing just believe everything. Some of this smacks of a mob mentality and that’s bad.

Okay, so we are saying we don’t have a presumption of innocence. I simply do not believe this.

One could likewise call this “character assassination”.

Last edited:
There does seem to be a bit a discrepancy in how the topic of violence is treated,.
That is not the topic of this thread. That is an entire new topic, as is. I dont see any discrepancy on CAF. I see many threads where different violent incidents are reported. I am looking at them through a different lens perhaps.
comparative approach to the violence.
All these incidents are wrong, none of them should be condoned. Comparing them does nothing to highlight and call those involved to account.

Last edited:
If I recall rightly, Horton stayed on topic with a comparative approach to the violence. Bus incident as portrayed by CNN vs rioting as portrayed in the media. There does seem to be a bit a discrepancy in how the topic of violence is treated,.

Here’s an article from CBS contending that the Trump caravan was not the reason for the cancellation of a rally in Austin.
AUSTIN, Texas (KEYE) — The Biden-Harris Bus made a brief appearance in Downtown Austin at 11th and Lavaca on Friday.

Texas Democrats were hoping to host speakers like Congressman Lloyd Doggett, Wendy Davis and Austin Mayor Steve Adler but the Texas Democrats told us they canceled the event so not to take away attention from vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris, who made three stops in the Lone Star State on Friday in Forth Worth, McAllen and Houston.

The Biden bus has also been closely followed by Trump supporters while on the road, though Texas Democrats insist their presence didn’t affect their decision to call off the downtown Austin rally."
This bus incident has been on twitter for at least 2 days and I have seen few such fantasy interpretations, in fact, none at all claiming the Trump supporters were trying to run this bus off the road. This has been all over twitter.

It should be called character assassination to call it such.

Okay, it probably happened Friday and now, some stories are rolling in:

I saw a video of it, “meh”, not much to it. Sure, some people may try to drum up some story but a lot of people just shrug their shoulders.

Oh, yeah, Rolling Stone might say that, oh, yes, listen to Rolling Stone magazine.

So, we are hearing just believe everything. Some of this smacks of a mob mentality and that’s bad.
This …^^. Reminds me of the “believe all women” right up until the woman to be believed was Tara Reade …then of course we don’t really have to believe all women …

The Left and Democratic politicians have been advocating for harassing Trump supporters for years and they have done so …yes- even while driving … Publically and vocally…

Is it right for either side to do this? No, not really …it’s like the protests and counter protests …they feel the need to get in each other’s faces …and as Maxine Waters has clearly articulated they should do they are. But that tactic can be used against them.

You know what I think - all counter protests should be held in a different location or time …let people hear your message. If it appeals you will gain support and momentum, if your message is one the people reject it will die out …this idea of conflicting messages is not swaying anyone …and when you castigate “to the other” side but grant a pass to your own …you have lost those you seek to sway.

At least one year if it has to do with political opponents. It can be done immediately, though, if taken to A. Schiff I think.

At least one year if it has to do with political opponents. It can be done immediately, though, if taken to A. Schiff I think.
What type of penalties apply if FBI find a case to answer or would it go to trial?

There is a narrative developing that the bus tried to run a Trump supporter’s car off the highway, comparing it to the Covington High School incident. That sounds possible too.

Because a claim has been made and political candidates are involved.

Not necessarily. They have to investigate and find evidence. Evidence doesn’t always preclude the investigation.

Some stories say the FBI is investigating harassment, “truth”… anyway, I find more on twitter searching for “Biden Bus”, etc.

Not necessarily. They have to investigate and find evidence. Evidence doesn’t always preclude the investigation.
I could film you driving, accuse you of something, then get the FBI to investigate if I were a political candidate? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back