Trump's new "Biden's America" campaign ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with Trump
Why would you totally agree with Trump on this? Trump appears to want to withdraw troops from overseas, whereas Bolton has a reputation as a warmonger. I don’t know why he would choose Bolton except for some balance or some pressure from within his administration. I never did like Bolton.
OTOH, people with dementia oftentimes do not know who they are and will say things like Joe Biden saying I am Joe Biden’s husband. I saw two different situations on you tube where Joe Biden says that he is Joe Biden’s husband. Making a mistake in choosing a cabinet member, as Trump did, is one thing, and of course it is bad. But dementia and not knowing who you are, or what office you are running for, or who your wife is, is something else.
 
But Trump has both slips of the tongue
True, but he does not forget who he is or who his wife is or what office he is holding or will be running for. These are pretty big mistakes and raises questions about possible dementia setting in - which is not all that uncommon in the elderly. Even Ronald Reagan was reported to forget that he was president of the USA as his Alzheimer’s disease worsened. Is it known what medications Biden is taking? Some of these prescription drugs have weird psychological effects in many people.
 
I think the Trump ad gets the message across. It could have been a lot more explicit in the violence that it showed but it was probably smart to leave the actual crime unmentioned as well as the crime footage at the lower threshold.

I suspect that ads like this are designed to spark some conversations among citizens and its usefulness or success will be measured by that.

I think that ordinarily you might be able to describe this ad as fear mongering but after CHAZ and so many police standing down in the face of illegalities across American cities you would have to say the ad is pretty close to reality.

Perhaps that is why the ad is being shown now when it will have most impact. If things quieten down over the next few months it might be seen a little more like fear mongering if shown at a later date.
 
If any Americans actually think that defunding the police means getting rid of all police then I’m speechless because surely nobody could be that gullible.
 
New York cut down on it’s police force and now and unfortunately, Crimestoppers is actually posting ads wanting help on these murders and in some cases, they have videos of the murder. This can NOT be unseen and it is shocking but I guess, it’s the truth.

What a nightmare. Unfortunately, some of what is being put out there seems to be true.
 
If any Americans actually think that defunding the police means getting rid of all police then I’m speechless because surely nobody could be that gullible.
I don’t think anyone has put forward a viable alternative to a police force.
 
It’s my understanding that Minneapolis can’t even go forward with the city council’s plan for disbanding and reforming the police until the voters approve it at the polls.
Seems to me there is a real question whether they will approve given all the violence in many cities recently.
 
It’s my understanding that Minneapolis can’t even go forward with the city council’s plan for disbanding and reforming the police until the voters approve it at the polls.
Seems to me there is a real question whether they will approve given all the violence in many cities recently.
That’s absolutely correct. Apparently, they have to vote on it.
 
If any Americans actually think that defunding the police means getting rid of all police then I’m speechless because surely nobody could be that gullible.
That’s right. In Minneapolis, I believe Mayor Frey said as it stands now, it may well be just replacing one uniform with another as he described it.
 
Depends on who you ask. Some defund the police pushes most certainly do want to disband the police, by their own words. Some just want to take funding away and expect better performance.

Odd that when we have issues in our education system, liberals stress the need for greater funding. When we have issue in police departments, the same people stress the need for less funding. Why?
 
Last edited:
Thankfully I don’t have to listen to any of that political garbage from Trump or Biden, one click of the TV remote, or the computer mouse and they’re gone.
 
Trump’s campaign is starting to disrespect his supporter by feeding them thing which are just not so.

" A new ad from the Trump campaign paints a dystopian future if Mr. Biden wins in November, stoking division and fear as it repeatedly mischaracterizes Mr. Biden’s position on police reform.

Hewing to a strategy that dates back to his first campaign ad in 2016, which falsely depicted immigrants as violent criminals, the new ad comes as Mr. Trump trails the former vice president in several national and battleground state polls, spurring him to reach for additional lines of attack.

The president has been whipsawing from seemingly divergent — and even contradictory — messages, including attempting to paint Mr. Biden as weak on crime while also attacking him for his role in the 1994 crime bill, which critics say led to over-policing and mass incarceration. He’s repeatedly tried to portray Mr. Biden as a “radical” left-wing candidate, despite Mr. Biden’s decades-long career as a moderate Democrat."

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top