Tucker: The system was rigged against one candidate. We caught them!

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think instead of the state winner getting all the electoral votes, it should be done by congressional district or some other apportionment method.
Congressional districts are heavily gerrymandered in many states, which would still distort the results. A candidate could theoretically get more popular votes but get less electoral votes out of a well gerrymandered state.

Last edited:
Over the summer I remember seeing several articles and videos on this. As an example ~

“BLM Bundles Untraceable Cash Through Massive Leftist Donation Firm ActBlue”

Over the summer I remember seeing several articles and videos on this. As an example ~
Wouldn’t that violate federal law as to contributions? Bil Barr would have been on them like a ton of bricks!

" There are a number of groups that use the phrase “Black Lives Matter” in their name. There is a “Black Lives Matter Foundation,” for example, whose president confirmed to us that it is not related to the organization behind BlackLivesMatter.com — which is at the center of the viral claims.

BlackLivesMatter.com is operated by an umbrella Black Lives Matter organization called the Black Lives Matter Global Network. The effort started in 2013 following the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

To collect donations, the website uses ActBlue Charities, a 501(c)(3) organization that specifically makes the platform available to charitable organizations.

Owens’ Instagram post features a video showing that BlackLivesMatter.com uses ActBlue for its donations. It then shows an OpenSecrets.org breakdown of expenditures by ActBlue made in the 2020 cycle; the top recipients are the presidential campaigns of Sen. Bernie Sanders, former Vice President Joe Biden, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

But the video misrepresents how ActBlue works. ActBlue isn’t itself donating money. It’s just the online platform that campaigns and groups use to solicit and collect donations.

Campaign finance experts told us that it’s false to say that donations to the Black Lives Matter group are going to the Democratic National Committee, or to Democratic presidential campaigns, simply because the website uses ActBlue.

“ActBlue lets candidates and liberal nonprofit organizations set up their separate accounts,” Michael Malbin, director of the nonpartisan Campaign Finance Institute, told us in a phone interview. “There’s no crossing from one account to another. If you give the money to Sanders, it does not go to Biden.”

Since the allegation is a hoax, it should be barred on this forum.

Last edited:
Nepperhan,

That is mentioned in the video i provided. The video goes into more detail on how donations are made.

John Voight, Deliverance…

I know he played Pope John Paul II in fact.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
Just another irrelevant HAS-BEEN. (And his name is actually Jon Voigt)
Actually - it is John VOIGHT 🤓 … and AS FOR BEING a “has been” … well I would hazard to bet that John Voight is probably more successful in his current here and now than you have been. . . .

Last edited:
This is trivia and it is a bit off-topic but John Voight’s brother has been a successful anti-establishment protest type singer and he’s pretty good from songs I have heard.

John Voight’s brother, stage name, Chip Taylor wrote “Angel of the morning” and in fact, “Wild Thing” of all songs:

Wild Thing (The Troggs song) - Wikipedia

Just another irrelevant HAS-BEEN. (And his name is actually Jon Voigt)
Well, I’ll try for Miley Cyrus or Jennfier Lopez next time.

And by the way, your spelling is wrong on Voight and your post is rather uncharitable and just using ad homs which I believe are not welcome to use here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back