TV: 'LOST season 4'

  • Thread starter Thread starter AaronsStaff
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
last nights episode was awesome, I only wish we could have actually seen jacob. I wonder what that thing is that keemy is wearing. Also, did anyone notice that the captain also pulled the trigger, and yet no one got hit…strange.
I also read up on some spoilers, which I wont post unless asked. But apparantly a very mysterious someone has been on the island the whole time.
 
last nights episode was awesome, I only wish we could have actually seen jacob. I wonder what that thing is that keemy is wearing. Also, did anyone notice that the captain also pulled the trigger, and yet no one got hit…strange…
I think the captain just missed when he fired at Keamy, not that he or his team is under any protection from the island, like Michael. But on Lost, ya never know.
 
So, how about the season finale the other night? I thought it was great. The island moved and we finally found out who was in the coffin. Any reactions?
 
I thought it was great. We got some answers, but raised questions, such is the way of Lost.

Did I understand the island is linked to some kind of space and time continuimum?

I’m still wondering about jacob, the smoke monster, Kate’s horse, how Echo’s brother crashed on the island, that pirate ship and why all the characters seemed to be linked in some kind of way before the crash.

My guess next year is gonna concentrate on how they get back to the island.
 
So it seems that Jin did get killed off (though I guess we won’t know for sure till next season).
I kind of guessed last season that it was Locke in the coffin, but it was still surprising.
Did anyone else see the alternate endings on Good Morning America yesterday? They filmed to alternate coffin scenes in case this one leaked out. One was of Sawer in the coffin and the other was of Desmond.
 
I think it just needs to end now. It is just going to start being stupid now with trying to get back to the island and stuff.
 
I’m still wondering about … that pirate ship …
Here’s an idea from someone at lost-tv.com forums: On a previous time that the island moved, it “moved” right underneath the Black Rock ship as the ship was sailing along not suspecting a thing. Which of course means that the whole moving thing is old, not something that Dharma invented.
 
It would explain why Ben massacred the folks at the Dharma initiative and took over–and why he told Jack, “We’re the good guys.”

Thoughts?
The way they played the Dharma massacre scene near the end of Season 3 certainly made it look like Ben was the responsible party. After all, he’s supposedly the “man behind the curtain.”

I would say after Season 4, though, that it’s more likely that Ben allied himself with the Hostiles because they let him know that the massacre was coming and that the only way he could save his own life and join the Hostiles was to kill his father. I actually think he’s probably telling the truth when he says that the Dharma massacre wasn’t his decision and that it wasn’t until some time after the massacre that he became the leader of the Others.

Ben’s an interesting and complex character. Season 4, I think, gave us a lot more insight into him - and in to the Others. I tend to think that a lot of what he does to the Survivors is done out of panic. HIs adoptive daughter is nearing child-bearing age - and we know what that means on this island. I suspect this is the motivation for his obsession with the fertility studies which wreak such havoc on the survivors’ lives… as well as his admitted motive for his treatment of Carl.

What’s odd is that it’s pretty clear at this point that the Others helped the Survivors survive - obviously on Ben’s orders. In on of the Mobisodes, Ethan brings medicine to the Survivor camp and gives it to Jack to keep as part of his medical supplies. And we know that Ethan didn’t get that stuff out of a suitcase. Now that we’ve seen Ben use a mirror to communicate with his people, it’s pretty certain that the Dharma food drops near the Swan hatch came from the Others. So the Others were certainly problematic because they behaved in such apparently inexplicable ways towards the Survivors. But they certainly didn’t see themselves as being at war with the Survivors.

Ben seems like a guy who’s fairly conflicted. The only way he can ask somebody to do something is to manipulate them - hence the need to “break” Jack into performing surgery, when all Ben really needed to do was not make enemies with the Survivors… and then ask nicely. But that’s just not Ben.

Anyway, I thought I’d chime in because I think the last several episodes have fleshed out Ben’s character and provided some insight into his motivations… including his motivation for shooting John Locke. (who wants to relinquish absolute power? I think Alex’s death, though, clarified the situation for him).

It will be interesting to see how the next couple of seasons spin out in terms of what happens on the island after the Oceanic 6 leave… how Locke messes it up so badly (I’m guessing impulsivity, obsessiveness). It will also be interesting to see how the scientists from the freighter play into this. And what will happen to Sawyer and Claire and Rose/Bernard? We already know some of what the future holds for the Oceanic 6. Now I want to see what the future holds for those remaining on the island.
 
Here’s an idea from someone at lost-tv.com forums: On a previous time that the island moved, it “moved” right underneath the Black Rock ship as the ship was sailing along not suspecting a thing. Which of course means that the whole moving thing is old, not something that Dharma invented.
That’s a great theory, but it undermines one of MY pet theories… that the Hostiles originate from the Black Rock.

At the same time, there could have been other people on the island before the Black Rock arrived who merged with the Black Rock survivors to form the Hostiles… just as the Hostiles merged with a few allies from Dharma (plus later recruits from the mainland and Tail Section) to form the Others. So maybe there can be peace between the theory posted above and my theory about the origins of the Hostiles.
 
It will be interesting to see how the next couple of seasons spin out in terms of what happens on the island after the Oceanic 6 leave… how Locke messes it up so badly (I’m guessing impulsivity, obsessiveness). It will also be interesting to see how the scientists from the freighter play into this. And what will happen to Sawyer and Claire and Rose/Bernard? We already know some of what the future holds for the Oceanic 6. Now I want to see what the future holds for those remaining on the island.
I dont think Locke messes it up so much as things just happen, from listening to the lost podcasts from the producers, they said that the Dharma initiative will be back in season 5 as a big role,im assuming like it was in season 2. I think the Dharma initiative makes a comeback and the island is under attack again. I dont think Locke will mess it up, considering he was chosen, why would Jacob pick someone who was going to mess things up so early on? I have a theory on jacob though, I think that jacob was the captain of the Black Rock, and was the first person “chosen” by the island, like locke and ben…etc, but when he died the island used his body to communicate to others, and its been going on for almost 300 years, whenever the black rock came on he island. Also, remember the wheel that Ben turned? that looks like the thing on old 18th century ships, If you’ve seen pirates of the carribean 2 dead mans chest, Davy Jones’s crew turns a similar wheel, releasing the Kraken. The wheel generally has something to do with the mast I think. But I believe Jacob was insructed to take the wheel, and install as a device to move the island.
 
I dont think Locke messes it up so much as things just happen, from listening to the lost podcasts from the producers, they said that the Dharma initiative will be back in season 5 as a big role,im assuming like it was in season 2. I think the Dharma initiative makes a comeback and the island is under attack again. I dont think Locke will mess it up, considering he was chosen, why would Jacob pick someone who was going to mess things up so early on?
Locke is obsessive and impulsive and has a long history of messing things up. On the island, his failures stretch back to Boone’s death and (arguably) the opening of the hatch.

Sure Dharma probably returns in some capacity - but almost certainly not by finding the island again. Charlotte appears to have a strong connection to Dharma - is possibly a child of Dharma. And Dan (whom I assume will find his way to land somewhere) is conducting experiments not too different from those conducted by the Dharma Initiative.

So my assumption is that the (at least incremental) return of the Dharma Initiative has already occurred with the introduction of the scientific team at the beginning of Season 4. Charlotte and Miles and possibly Dan are enough to introduce a wild card onto the island - but probably not enough to mess everything up beyond a good leader’s ability to contain the damage.

I don’t buy the notion that being chosen by Jacob means that the leader won’t fail. Ben was chosen, too. And it didn’t take him THAT long to mess things up.
 
Hey all. Just getting caught up on the thread as I didn’t want to read it till I watched all the back episodes. 🙂

Does anyone have any thoughts on how the next two seasons will be portrayed timewise? It seems they are at a major turning point. Not counting the flashbacks and flash forwards, the first four seasons only covered 108 days (there’s that number again ;)) between the day the plane crashed and the day the Oceanic 6 were rescued. But we know that, when the Oceanic 6 return to the island (as it seems certain they will), it will be at least three years after that. So will the focal point be three years later (i.e. present day) with flashbacks to fill in the missing three years on the island? Or will the focal point start with day 109 after the crash and only show the Oceanic 6’s return through flash forwards? It seems to me the writer’s have a major decision to make in that regard.

My guess for who Jacob is is that black guy who told Locke to go on the wilderness adventure in the Australian Outback. He did say he is much more than an orderly. 🤷
 
I’m not sure of the upcoming timeline. Next season could be how the O 6 tries to get back to the island.

-I think Jacob was the caretaker before Ben, and now Locke

-Widmore is connected to Dharma Initative?

-the lsland is on a time shift. Imagine the Island in the center of a large pie and draw lines out to the edge. Pick a line and follow it to the edge, and each line meets at a different point on the time line, change spokes you’re gonna come out either back or forward from your present spoint depending which spoke ya get on.
 
I hope Jin didn’t in fact die.

Though how they swing that evades me. Then again, Sawyer was able to swim a few miles back an Island, with currents, in what amounted to minutes, and act as though it was no feat, anything is possible. I swam a mile once in the military, and have never been so exhausted…
 
I hope Jin didn’t in fact die.

Though how they swing that evades me. Then again, Sawyer was able to swim a few miles back an Island, with currents, in what amounted to minutes, and act as though it was no feat, anything is possible. I swam a mile once in the military, and have never been so exhausted…
I guess if I can suspend disbelief about an island disappearing, I can believe that Sawyer is a very fast swimmer. 😉 Seriously, though, I didn’t think of that. Now you spoiled it for me! 😛 (Just kidding, I’ll be okay, I promise! 😃 )

I hold out hope for Jin because, the last we saw him, he was running toward the end of the boat toward the helicopter. It’s possible he jumped off before the boat exploded. Maybe he’ll get picked up by Faraday’s boat. Whatever the explanation is that the writer’s come up with, I definitely don’t think it’s the end for his character.
 
I guess if I can suspend disbelief about an island disappearing, I can believe that Sawyer is a very fast swimmer. 😉 Seriously, though, I didn’t think of that. Now you spoiled it for me! 😛 (Just kidding, I’ll be okay, I promise! 😃 )

I hold out hope for Jin because, the last we saw him, he was running toward the end of the boat toward the helicopter. It’s possible he jumped off before the boat exploded. Maybe he’ll get picked up by Faraday’s boat. Whatever the explanation is that the writer’s come up with, I definitely don’t think it’s the end for his character.
My thoughts exactly. I love his character (and he’s been a guest star on a number of Star trek episodes, so I am biased…) From what I gather, he and Sun (and Sawyer) are among the show’s most popular characters.
 
Actually, I can believe that Sawer was able to swim back to the island like that. If you remember in season two when he and Michael were floating on thr reckage from the raft, the island sort of drew them back in.
 
Interesting ending. There were so many awesome parts.

Ben loading the room w/ metal while John watches the video that says ‘whatever you do, don’t put metal in there’

Ben after going psycho and then immediately becoming calm again and telling John “Sometimes good command decisions get compromised by bad emotional responses”.

Jack still ‘denying miracles’ and Hurley telling him to his face that John did what he said he was going to do, they all saw it, and if he has any other explanations he’d like to hear it.

Just to name a few. 😃
My guess for who Jacob is is that black guy who told Locke to go on the wilderness adventure in the Australian Outback. He did say he is much more than an orderly. 🤷
I could be wrong, but I thought that orderly was the same guy who hired Naomi to find the island (and also the same guy who appeared to Hurley as one of the Six and said he could get him out of that asylum or into a better one)
 
I just bought the game for my wife and i, Been on it for 4 hours like a little kid…😃
Was cool to walk about in the hatch.😛
 
Actually, I can believe that Sawer was able to swim back to the island like that. If you remember in season two when he and Michael were floating on thr reckage from the raft, the island sort of drew them back in.
I guess my point was “he wouldn’t be able to do it at all either time.” They should have had the island just rematerialize him on shore or something. An out of shape con man shouldn’t be able to swim the equivalent of a few miles.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top