I don’t know if anyone has mentioned “The Artful Detective” on Ovation. No sleaze. The hero is a straight-up, openly Catholic detective. It’s set in the late 19th or early 20th Century in Toronto. Among the interesting aspects of it are the expositions of forensic science, forensic medicine, and the casual introduction of historical characters like Niccola Tesla, Jack London and Harry Houdini. One gets introduced to things like the Boer War (Canadians too fought in it) and the visit of Queen Victoria to Canada. It’s a bit like “Young Indiana Jones” was in that way. Lots of history woven in.
It’s just about the only show my wife and I watch. For some reason, the DVDs (which one can buy) are entitled “The Murdoch Mysteries”. Our 14-year-old granddaughter is absolutely in love with those shows, so we bought her some of the DVDs because they can’t get Ovation on their very basic TV setup. Her parents are very strict in what they let their kids watch, but “The Murdoch Mysteries” are A-okay with them.
I like that show, too. It’s actually called
Murdoch Mysteries. I have no idea why y’all south of the 49th would call it “The Artful Detective”.
'Course, I also have no idea why you changed the name of Harry Potter’s first book from “Philosopher’s Stone” to “Sorceror’s Stone”.
Shows I like:
Blue Bloods – I really like Danny and his relationship with his wife and kids, altho’ my favourite partner of his was played by Jennifer Esposito. Haven’t watched it in a while, though.
WKRP in Cincinnati. I soooo crushed on Bailey back then.

I liked the fact that Arthur was clueless, dopey, kind of a wuss…except when the chips were down, and a question of doing the Right Thing arose.
Barney Miller. The most accurate portrayal of the life of a cop, as claimed by actual cops.
Colditz.
Hogan’s Heroes. I liked the fact that all the Nazis were idiots, played by Jews, many of whom had first-hand experience of the Holocaust.
Perfect Strangers. Now we do the dance of joy!
Happy Days, in its early years, when it was actually a late-50s slice-of-life show – before it literally jumped the shark.
*Combat! *I actually liked the black-and-white episodes, because they reminded me of actual WWII footage.
Babylon 5.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
The Prisoner. Except for the last episode. :whacky:
*The Bob Newhart Show.
The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
*I’ll think of more later. I have laundry to fold.