Twitter alternative Parler soars as conservatives flock to new social network

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to restrict my speech because you’re offended by the word “leftist”?

And yet you won’t offer another alternative that won’t.
 
So I’ve offended you by using the word “leftist” and now you’re telling me what I can or cannot use.

I’m sorry I didn’t realize I would encounter the language POLICE.
 
It becomes difficult to distinguish between the two since the actions of the latter seem to be supported at be worst, or accepted at best, by the former. So who politically would be a liberal, and who would be a leftist? Not much of the Biden/Sanders agenda for Unity screams “just a tweak.”
 
Why would I need the suggestion unless I caused some sort of offense?

Clearly, you’re in agreement with thbolt for you to have jumped in.

Nope, nothing wrong with my keyboard and I prefer my caps being capitalized from time to time for emphasis.
 
That’s because deep inside, liberals wish they were leftists. I saw that first-hand at the Occupy Wall Street sit-in protest.
 
Last edited:
I wasn’t name calling and I’ve already exclaimed as much that it wasn’t.

And if you conveived it as insulting then you were indeed offended enough to point it out.
 
Yep. Card-carrying.

Incidentally (and not to carry this thread far afield from its topic) but lately I’ve been wondering whether I could or should support your (Irish) political party in some fashion, given the surprising results of the recent elections there and the fact that the post-Brexit landscape has given some hope for political unity.
 
You will not be surprised that I use them, on all my accounts, regularly and steadily, as I started to do, 57 years ago.

Mailed 2 yesterday. Will use more tomorrow & next week.
They’re expected on a lot of transactions - home repair, contracting, small organizations, non-profits. They’re less expensive for the vendor - always a good choice for giving to charity.
 
Yes to all the above. And it permits easier tracking than looking things up in my credit card account. And I hate paying the few things I do pay on line.

In fact, I hate changing, period.

Will be forced into Win 10, though. Eventually.

Drat.
 
Ridiculing Jews. I guess that’s more acceptable in the UK. You don’t seem to like the idea of it otherwise.
 
The reason for being on twitter/facebook and the like is to spread your ideas and engage in the larger “culture wars”
Kind of difficult to do when you get cancelled for doing precisely that.
 
Last edited:
I have avoided it since I got my first Win 7. At one point was running an XP, 2 Win 7s and a Vista. Down to 2 Win 7s, now. My IT guy will be here as soon as travel is more feasible. Was supposed to be here 2 months ago, bringing my wife a replacement for the non-functional Vista. The XP died of a bad switch 5 years ago and my IT guy took it for parts. One of the Win 7s is getting a little wonky. The Dell running Linux that the IT guy (Ok. It’s my son in law) gave me I could do no more with than if I had been seated in the AC commander’s seat of my cousin’s B52H and told to get on with it.

I detest the idea of Win 10, on general principles and because it will not run the financial software I need, seamlessly. I cannot live without that. If I stop replying here, you will know what killed me. But I will fight to the end.

Hand raised for knowing of Amiga. But then, I knew the Sinclair.
 
Last edited:
Sure. Like my cousin could have talked me through engine start, taxi, take off recover, approach and landing, touch down, and taxi in.

Doubt the Sinclair offspring would be of any use, either.
 
That’s in my mix, too.

Board says I’m talking too much again. Suggests I get others involved.

So, everyone is free to post things supporting me on this subject.
 
Just the thing. You are very kind.

I can’t fly that either, of course.
 
I got a lot of toys around. Never went for the rubber band planes, but did a lot of plastic models.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top