W
wifeandmomoftwo
Guest
And, thanks to them, you have that right as well, should you choose to excersise it.
And, thanks to them, you have that right as well, should you choose to excersise it.
what solicit door to door? Good Gad why would I wanna do that?And, thanks to them, you have that right as well, should you choose to excersise it.
Still hoping someone will answer these questions. It’s been a couple of days.A question that I have, Why are you not willing to answer any of these questions in the Open?
At least one or two of them
Is there something that concerns you? Like someone might come forward and correct you on the spot?
Here just answer two of them for everyone here.
- In the sermon on the mount, when Jesus was addressing the “great crowd” (Lk 6:17), why did he tell them in Lk 6:22-23, “…your reward is great in heaven …”?
- The Bible says that ONLY God is our savior (Hos 13:4, Isa 43:11,45:21, etc.). How can it be then, that the Bible repeatedly says that Jesus Christ is our savior (Lk 2:11, Phil 3:20, Tit 2:13, 3:6, 2Pet 1:1, 2:20, 3:18, etc.)?
These two will due fine, these ones interest me a little more than the rest.
I think the JW’s have left the “room”Still hoping someone will answer these questions. It’s been a couple of days.
Does no one have any answers?
Dear Kay Cee,Still hoping someone will answer these questions. It’s been a couple of days.
Does no one have any answers?
(Isaiah 43:11) I—I am YHWH, and besides me there is no savior.”The Bible says that ONLY God is our savior (Hos 13:4, Isa 43:11,45:21, etc.). How can it be then, that the Bible repeatedly says that Jesus Christ is our savior (Lk 2:11, Phil 3:20, Tit 2:13, 3:6, 2Pet 1:1, 2:20, 3:18, etc.)?
The reason this question was thrown out is because Jehovah’s Witnesses understand “the great crowd” who came “out of the great tribulation” of Rev 7:9, 14 to be a group of people who will live here on earth, while a smaller group of 144,000 will be invited to live in heaven and operate as kings and priests in Christ’s Kingdom. (Rev 5:9, 10)In the sermon on the mount, when Jesus was addressing the “great crowd” (Lk 6:17), why did he tell them in Lk 6:22-23, “…your reward is great in heaven …”?
How does Acts 4:12 work with all that you stated above??Dear Kay Cee,
Here is the answer for you…
(Isaiah 43:11) I—I am YHWH, and besides me there is no savior.”
If you get out your bible concordance and do a search for the word “savior” you will quickly see that when YHWH does some saving activity, he sends someone to do it for him and calls them a “savior”.
For example:
(Judges 3:9) And the sons of Israel began to call to YHWH for aid. Then **YHWH raised a savior **up for the sons of Israel that he might save them, Oth′ni·el the son of Ke′naz, the younger brother of Ca′leb.
(Judges 3:15) And the sons of Israel began to call to YHWH for aid. So **YHWH raised up for them a savior, E′hud **the son of Ge′ra, a Ben′ja·mite, a left-handed man. In time the sons of Israel sent tribute by his hand to Eg′lon the king of Mo′ab.
(1 Samuel 23:5) Accordingly David went with his men to Kei′lah and fought against the Phi·lis′tines and drove off with their livestock, but struck them down with a great slaughter; and David came to be the savior of the inhabitants of Kei′lah.
How is this possible for someone else to be called “savior” when YHWH specifically and absolutely said “besides me there is no savior?” Read Judges 3:9 very carefully and note that YHWH is the one that “saves” them, but He does this by means of raising up a “savior”
(Judges 3:9) And the sons of Israel began to call to YHWH for aid. Then YHWH raised a savior up for the sons of Israel that he might save them, Oth´ni•el the son of Ke´naz, the younger brother of Ca´leb.
But, didn’t YHWH specifically say “besides me there is no savior”? Wasn’t that an absolute statement?
Apparently, when He makes statements like that, it does not prevent him from working through others and having them assume the same descriptive title of savior.
Also, please note that at Judges 3:9, the same Hebrew word (moh•shi´a‛, rendered “savior” or “deliverer”) that is used at Isaiah 43:11 for YHWH is applied to Othniel, a judge in Israel, but that certainly did not make Othniel YHWH, did it? No, of course not.
A reading of Isaiah 43:1-12 shows that verse 11 means that YHWH alone was the One who provided salvation, or deliverance, for Israel; that salvation did not come from any of the gods of the surrounding nations.
YHWH provides salvation by those he sends, like Othniel, Ehud, David… and even Jesus. Thus, Othniel, Ehud, David, and Jesus can be called “saviors” without violating the scriptures sited that say YHWH is the only savior.
Thus, the fact that Jesus is called a savior doesn’t prove he is YHWH anymore than David, Ehud, Othniel being called savior would make them YHWH.
YHWH has simply sent people as saviors to help his people.
Thanks for your question.
I wonder legal eagle, could you provide case citations as to where the Jw’s enhanced the right to free speech. I would think that what actions they took were more akin to that crazy, so called baptist, bunch that went around the country interrupting the funerals of our soldiers. This type of abuse of rights I believe is encouraging this nations slide to a police state. I would appreciate your enlightenment on this. I understand that their so called freedom of speech issues derived from early the 1900,s with the Jw’s going outside churches and interrupting services by shouting slogans declaring the church a criminal racket. I hope you will correct me if I am wrong and provide the source of your of the materials correction. PeaceAnd, thanks to them, you have that right as well, should you choose to excersise it.
Pay keen attention to the context:How does Acts 4:12 work with all that you stated above?? Looks like the name Jehovah isn’t who we call on here…
“BEFORE you shut the door on a Jehovah’s Witness,” says an article in the newspaper USA Today, “pause to consider the shameful persecution they suffered not too long ago, as well as the rich contribution they have made to the First Amendment freedoms we all enjoy.” Jehovah’s Witnesses were persecuted in the United States throughout the 1940’s for, among other things, refusing to salute the flag.—Exodus 20:4, 5.I wonder legal eagle, could you provide case citations as to where the Jw’s enhanced the right to free speech. I would think that what actions they took were more akin to that crazy, so called baptist, bunch that went around the country interrupting the funerals of our soldiers. This type of abuse of rights I believe is encouraging this nations slide to a police state. I would appreciate your enlightenment on this. I understand that their so called freedom of speech issues derived from early the 1900,s with the Jw’s going outside churches and interrupting services by shouting slogans declaring the church a criminal racket. I hope you will correct me if I am wrong and provide the source of your of the materials correction. Peace
Regarding the contribution made by the Witnesses to the defense of civil rights in the United States, the University of Cincinnati Law Review said: “Jehovah’s Witnesses have had a profound impact on the evolution of constitutional law, particularly by expanding the parameters of the protection for speech and religion.”I wonder legal eagle, could you provide case citations as to where the Jw’s enhanced the right to free speech. I would think that what actions they took were more akin to that crazy, so called baptist, bunch that went around the country interrupting the funerals of our soldiers. This type of abuse of rights I believe is encouraging this nations slide to a police state. I would appreciate your enlightenment on this. I understand that their so called freedom of speech issues derived from early the 1900,s with the Jw’s going outside churches and interrupting services by shouting slogans declaring the church a criminal racket. I hope you will correct me if I am wrong and provide the source of your of the materials correction. Peace
In his book These Also Believe, Professor C. S. Braden writes: “They [Jehovah’s Witnesses] have performed a signal service to democracy by their fight to preserve their civil rights, for in their struggle they have done much to secure those rights for every minority group in America. When the civil rights of any one group are invaded, the rights of no other group are safe. They have therefore made a definite contribution to the preservation of some of the most precious things in our democracy.”I wonder legal eagle, could you provide case citations as to where the Jw’s enhanced the right to free speech. I would think that what actions they took were more akin to that crazy, so called baptist, bunch that went around the country interrupting the funerals of our soldiers. This type of abuse of rights I believe is encouraging this nations slide to a police state. I would appreciate your enlightenment on this. I understand that their so called freedom of speech issues derived from early the 1900,s with the Jw’s going outside churches and interrupting services by shouting slogans declaring the church a criminal racket. I hope you will correct me if I am wrong and provide the source of your of the materials correction. Peace