A
Aggie414
Guest
Your employer has the right to know the truth and then, unfortunately, there may be consequences for you. This is a religious institution, and they have the right to uphold the contract that you both signed. Ideally they would move you to a position that would require you to not interact with the children until the issue has been resolved – your marriage to the father of your baby – but that is ultimately up to them and the listed remedies set out in your contract.
If the unions or governmental laws or whatever are allowed to usurp the rights of a private, faith-based institution – which, by the way, our Government is trying to do with the HHS mandate – then all of our Freedom of Religion rights are at stake. The fact of the matter is that the Government has no right to come in and tell the Church that the contract they signed is invalid when one of the employees breaks the moral clauses included.
I do realize that the OP is in another country so the US Constitution does not apply, but I’m a bit appalled at the responses of some of the American citizens who are posting replies to fight the Church’s position on this. Be careful what you advocate for in this situation because it can and will come back to bite you!
Edited: I did got back and look at some of the responses and I believe most of the responses I’m objecting to were from non-US citizens so I apologize, but my opinion still stands: If you advocate a government/union usurping the Church’s position on this, you’re on a slippery slope for the next issue they try to overrule the Church on.
If the unions or governmental laws or whatever are allowed to usurp the rights of a private, faith-based institution – which, by the way, our Government is trying to do with the HHS mandate – then all of our Freedom of Religion rights are at stake. The fact of the matter is that the Government has no right to come in and tell the Church that the contract they signed is invalid when one of the employees breaks the moral clauses included.
I do realize that the OP is in another country so the US Constitution does not apply, but I’m a bit appalled at the responses of some of the American citizens who are posting replies to fight the Church’s position on this. Be careful what you advocate for in this situation because it can and will come back to bite you!
Edited: I did got back and look at some of the responses and I believe most of the responses I’m objecting to were from non-US citizens so I apologize, but my opinion still stands: If you advocate a government/union usurping the Church’s position on this, you’re on a slippery slope for the next issue they try to overrule the Church on.