'Vulnerable to prosecution': When Trump leaves White House, presidential 'cloak of immunity' goes away

• Thread starter Thread starter Zake
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything will suddenly drop when Trump leaves office. The whole idea was to cast serious doubt into his business dealings. I’d say 90% of the stuff being said about him is pure propaganda.

What concerns anyone who voiced any support for Trump is the list that AOC and her compadres are trying to compile and asking the public to give names and contact information so that these people can be ruined. This is something straight outta Mein Kampf.

Everything will suddenly drop when Trump leaves office.
Unlikely.
The whole idea was to cast serious doubt into his business dealings.
Every one of his dealings, that got scrutinized revealed some crimes, from the Trump university all the way until his inauguration shenanigans. His practice of overestimating the value of his assets - to get new loans, and underestimating them for tax purposes is just another fraud - which he called smart business practice. So his future does not look rosy.

states are much more aggressive about tax collections than the IRS is

You mean this?

It’s still under investigation. Nothing has really been revealed by the NY AG as to whether or not anything is prosecutable. Eric Trump did sit for deposition October 6 or 7.

i’m pretty sure that nothing will come out of this. Get back with me on 01/22/2021 and then you can tell me I’m wrong.

72 years, nothing has happened.
Bill Cosby was 81 before justice finally caught up with him. I’m keen to see him face the same sort of justice as Epstein and Weinstein. At the very least, men who sexually assault women need to be ‘got’ no matter how long it takes.

The spent $35 million, 18 Democrat investigators and found no reason to charge either conspiracy collusion or obstruction.
This is not true. Now, I don’t think Trump should be charged for obstruction; I think the state tax fraud charges should still be on the table.

Mueller was asked if Trump did things that could be charged after he left office and he said yes.

Buck asked again, “You could charge the President of the United States with obstruction of justice after he left office,” to which Mueller responded again, “yes.”

Last edited:
Mueller was asked if Trump did things that could be charged after he left office and he said yes.
If they did, he could have challenged the opinion regarding indicting a president.
“We were frankly surprised that they were not going to reach a decision on obstruction and we asked them a lot about the reasoning behind this. Mueller stated three times to us in that meeting, in response to our questioning, that he emphatically was not saying that but for the OLC opinion he would have found obstruction.”

If Mueller thought he had a case, he could have challenged the OLC opinion.

40.png
JonNC:
The spent $35 million, 18 Democrat investigators and found no reason to charge either conspiracy collusion or obstruction.
That’s not what they said, did they? They said that a sitting President cannot be charged.
It is exactly what the report said. There was no conspiracy collusion and they did not challenge the OLC opinion regarding obstruction. There was no obstruction.

Well, I’d really like to read the unredacted report,
You can’t. They are not allowed to release information about innocent individuals, grand jury information, etc. That is a good policy to protect people who are not being investigated, particularly during this time of cancel culture.
Mueller said it was Dept of Justice guidelines that a sitting President cannot be charged with a crime
Mueller knew quite well he could have challenged the OLC opinion. It’s called an opinion for a reason. He chose not to. If he thought the president obstructed justice, he had an obligation to challenge the opinion.
He chose not to.

Last edited:
Bill Cosby was 81 before justice finally caught up with him. I’m keen to see him face the same sort of justice as Epstein and Weinstein. At the very least, men who sexually assault women need to be ‘got’ no matter how long it takes.
Then I assume you are equally awaiting Bill Clinton’s prosecution as well … since He was far more involved with Jeffrey Epstein and travels on the Lolita Express multiple times … and President Elect Biden … Tara Reade is awaiting her day in court

I will join you in awaiting that as well …

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure that the Mueller report is fair game. Parts were redacted for national security reasons, but Trump released all information from that status, so we should be able to see it
If it’s released, look at it.
I think he should have, but he chose to be a good little soldier Republican and not.
🤣. It’s just silly to accuse Mueller of being a Trump loyalist. He surrounded himself with partisan Democrats for the investigation.
He didn’t indict because there was no case.

It should be, but, with all things Trump, what he says and what he does seem to be two different things.
Well, he’s out in two months. Look at it then.
He said he didn’t indict because of Dept of Justice guidelines that a sitting President cannot be charged. He refused to say if he would have charged him otherwise.
I gave the quote where he said otherwise. If he chose that excuse, it was because he didn’t have confidence to indict. The OLC opinion is not a statute.

Trump is part of the ruling class. He won’t face any prosecution.

I am sure the IRS is fully capable of deciding who has to explain with regards to taxes.

But good to know we have armchair tax attorneys on Catholic Answers in case they need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back