# Was Jesus deliberately ambiguous? #

  • Thread starter Thread starter Socrates4Jesus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soc, you’re not being fair. You should let Chuck give the Catholic answer and Ed give the Evangelical answer. The first one to answer should get the points.

🤷
 
I think the moderator is slipping Ed the answers with his fries.

Admit it Ed you paid for the meal didn’t you!

Foul! Foul!

Chuck
No, that was Soc’s wife. She won’t let him carry around any cash of his own. His shrink advised against it!

😛
 
What do you think, Chuck? I ask the question, and you and Ed answer as quickly as you can. Ed gives the Evangelical answer, and you give the Catholic response. The first one to quote the biblical verse (or Catholic Catechism, or early Church Father) gets the points.
 
What do you think, Chuck? I ask the question, and you and Ed answer as quickly as you can. Ed gives the Evangelical answer, and you give the Catholic response. The first one to quote the biblical verse (or Catholic Catechism, or early Church Father) gets the points.
I’m game if Chuck is. Anything to get you through this psychotic episode quickly works for me.

:rolleyes:
 
(Shakes his head.) I do believe the nut job is going to break the stupid record. Couldn’t happen to a more psychotic guy!

😃
 
My bingo money is on Chuck! He’s gonna kick Mr. Ed’s horse’s arse!

👍
 
We’ll see if Chuck is up for the challenge in a moment. But first, a word from our sponsor.

😃
 
Piece of cake.

**1 Timothy 2:5.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.**

Count 'em: One. One mediator. And his name ain’t Mary!

:cool:
I thought Evangelicals believe in intercessory prayer. 🤷
 
**Derek, hopefully you will get a chance to respond to my questions. You said:

**
It is not us, we have no authority except we can give the gospel and only because of the HS and those who say no it is not true will and do remain in their sin and vice versa…

**If you have no authority, then why are you speaking authoritatively? Many protestant church leaders speak with authority and insist that they too are being guided by the holy spirit to “give the gospel,” just as you claim, all the while claiming that Jesus is their/our only authoritative mediator. Is Jesus our only authoritative mediator? Are they right only if they agree with you, as an authoritative mediator? Or can there be 2 truths regarding any one doctrine, taught by authoritative mediators such as yourself, or any church mediator for that matter?
**

Look if you have no individual ability to interpret the Scripture you give evidence of not having the HS…

**What if I tell you that I do have the individual ability to interpret Scripture and I do give evidence of having the HS, and my beliefs still differ from yours? Who decides who is right and who is wrong? Is it Jesus or the church He built? If it’s Jesus, then He is not doing a very good job at explicating truth regarding any one doctrine. If it’s His established church, then He is doing an excellent job, considering the fact that He is working within the confines of fallible/sinful humans! **

…most people (protestants) who name the Name of Christ; have never dealt with their sin and came to God in humility and genuine heart and cried out for mercy; they are paying lip-service and playing church or religion.

**Could you be more specific? Which protestants? I am sure they would say the same about you.
**

In this world it gets easier and easier to tell who is a Christian and even easier to tell who is not because as one grows in Christ, which is to grow in understanding one realizes that everything begins with ones view of Scripture, Jesus and the gospel.

Does the H.S. give you the authority to make such a discernment? As I said before: If I accept your interpretation of scripture, why shouldn’t I accept ALL the other Protestant interpretations of scripture - each one as committed and fanatical about the validity of their interpretation as you, all the while claiming that there is only one authoritative mediator to which we are to listen? :confused:

Since the way is so narrow and only a few find it, the ones that are saved and walking in obedience can spot those that are giving lip service and false profession; however this does not mean that the HS will not be making a visit to the person; for He moves as the wind as Jesus stated with His conversation w/Nicodemus.

**Derek, If I disagree with you on your interpretation of the bible, (the teachings of Christ) - does that mean the H.S. is not guiding me, as he guides you? I thought the H.S. was sent to Jesus’ one church to guide His one church into all truth, until the end of time? Does that mean I am one of the few heading down the narrow path? Or, could it be possible that Jesus is teaching you and I different things regarding any one doctrine? Seems doubtful! Finally, if Jesus is our only authoritative mediator, as opposed to His established church, then what gives you or me the right to make such a authoritative decision/judgement call? **
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top