Was She Evil?

• Thread starter Thread starter misericordie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
BlindSheep:
A strange assumption to make, especially since he ended up leaving.
Actually, I think that Mis said that he listened to her shocking words, and then went with her to her apartment. Then there was some sort of physical contact (a massage, I think), and then he left.
40.png
blindsheep:
If you’ll read my first post, you’ll see that I didn’t say the woman was ‘evil’ - although her actions definately were. Subsequent posts seemed to defend her behavior, labeling ‘misogynist’ any notion that a woman ought to behave with some degree of chastity and modesty . Well, I believe unchastity is demeaning to women, not liberating, as well as being uncharitable to men who are trying to be chaste. I guess that makes me a misogynist too.
No, I don’t think that anyone has defended her behavior. I think that we have tried to RIGHTLY steer Mis or anyone else away from the danger zone of demonizing someone. That is not a feminist cause or behavior or agenda.

It is merely an attempt to show that demonizing someone results in dehumanizing that person-- and also usually results in someone not confronting the log in their own eye.

Men and women can be evil. We all know that. But one of the things that Father Corapi stresses is that-- and I paraphrase:
*Usually, it’s ***not **the devil-- it’s just us messed up humans.

Mis-- after all this fiasco of a runaway thread-- I ask you–

How do you view this woman?

Peace

40.png
st_felicity:
The word is “lest”…and I’m only offended by how you slaughter the English language in your posts.😛
Well, don’t forget though the language of the church is LATIN, but not the type you know.

40.png
misericordie:
Well, don’t forget though the language of the church is LATIN, but not the type you know.
Right…'cuz I’m wiccan…right…whatever:whacky:

Okay - some recent posts seem to point to felicity being on the money re: mental illness.
Don’t pick on the mentally ill, it isn’t nice.

Regarding defending the woman - some men on the thread made references to unchaste women being a source of tempation to men - some women then attacked these men for being misogynists. Now, if disapproval of lewd and seductive behavior in women = misogyny, lewd and seductive behavior must be OK for women, see?

This thread is terribly disturbing and a bit disgusting.

Miser, you need to get over this infatuation that you have with this woman. We don’t have her side of the story and it seems you called her “psycho” somewhere along the line. She is not here to defend herself and is at the mercy of your slander.

I am no feminist but I do not like all this word slinging you are doing. I would not consider the Priesthood at this moment as you seem to have some issues with God you need to reconcile. You cannot go around casually slinging words like “feminist” and “wiccan” around. Does Jesus not tell us to not judge our neighbor?

If you have trouble with sexual urges, then you should really maybe seek a therapists help as there are men and woman out there who suffer from sexual addiction.

shannon e:
Actually, I think that Mis said that he listened to her shocking words, and then went with her to her apartment. Then there was some sort of physical contact (a massage, I think), and then he left.

No, I don’t think that anyone has defended her behavior. I think that we have tried to RIGHTLY steer Mis or anyone else away from the danger zone of demonizing someone. That is not a feminist cause or behavior or agenda.

It is merely an attempt to show that demonizing someone results in dehumanizing that person-- and also usually results in someone not confronting the log in their own eye.

Men and women can be evil. We all know that. But one of the things that Father Corapi stresses is that-- and I paraphrase:
*Usually, it’s ***not **the devil-- it’s just us messed up humans.

Mis-- after all this fiasco of a runaway thread-- I ask you–

How do you view this woman?

Peace
sorry if I’m interrupting such exchanges of charity…

[not you, Blindsheep-- I was referring to Mis’s and Felicity’s exchanges…]

40.png
st_felicity:
Right…'cuz I’m wiccan…right…whatever:whacky:
here’s yer sammich! Now just sit down there while I get the pan of warm soapy water and a towel. Did you want a beer? 🙂

Church Militant:
here’s yer sammich! Now just sit down there while I get the pan of warm soapy water and a towel. Did you want a beer? 🙂
I always thought that spouses ought to wash each others’ feet on their birthdays…

40.png
BlindSheep:
It’s a “sleeping” smiley, not a pig. 🙂
Oh…that was zzzzzz like a bee or sawing logs…not “oink-oink”…I get it now…😃

shannon e:
I always thought that spouses ought to wash each others’ feet on their birthdays…
I shave my husband’s back on his birthday!

Ugggh…if the thread wasn’t disturbing before…!!!😛

40.png
st_felicity:
I shave my husband’s back on his birthday!

Ugggh…if the thread wasn’t disturbing before…!!!😛
And here I was worrying that the thought of washing each others’ feet would gross people out… Thanks Felicity! 😉

Church Militant:
Awww…thanky sweety! Very yummy! A beer would be lovely…did you bring the toe polish? I was thinking red…vroom-vroom…

shannon e:
And here I was worrying that the thought of washing each others’ feet would gross people out… Thanks Felicity! 😉
My pleasure!😃

40.png
st_felicity:
Awww…thanky sweety! Very yummy! A beer would be lovely…did you bring the toe polish? I was thinking red…vroom-vroom…
Sure ! Why not…
red will do nicely
What kinda beer didya want? Bavarian? 🙂

shannon e:
I think that is universally called:
brownie points 😃
Whew! Guess so! Might include hazardous duty and jungle pay too…LOL
Girl’s got more guts than I have! 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back