Watch the full "Axios on HBO" interview with President Trump

  • Thread starter Thread starter dscath
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed…faith and morals are seldom seen in a discussion dealing with the thoughts or actions of Donald Trump
 
I don’t vote for the man because I’m looking for a saint. Or even a good person. I vote for the man because of him and Biden, Trump pushes policies I see as being best for myself and my family.
 
Your hatred for Trump and those of us who support him is so evident there really is no point in responding to you.
Nope, there is no “hatred”. I despise Trump, because he is a self-conceited crook, who was able to sell a false image about himself to far too many people.

When he became a candidate, I was cautiously optimistic. I was hoping that someone outside the power circle in Washington can bring forth some proper and welcome changes. Little did I know that he is “all hat and no cattle” (as the saying in Texas goes). Who was not a self-made businessman, only sucked his father’s money to cover up his ineptitude. Who only cares about himself. Who has the audacity to call himself a “very stable genius”.

I do not “hate” his supporters either. I feel sorry for them.

And if you think that there is no point in responding to me, please be consistent and don’t respond. Don’t give me false hope!!!
 
faith and morals are seldom seen in a discussion dealing with the thoughts or actions of Donald Trump
As they are with Biden. A Catholic who is pro-abortion, pro-same sex marriage, pro-LGBTQabcdefg lifestyle choice, pro-racist agenda for some. What a moral dilemma for a good Catholic. To vote for a Catholic who is so far away from church teaching, almost as if one were supporting that Catholic in his sin.
 
It’s quite clear you have allowed the leftist media form your view of President Trump so it’s difficult to take anything you say about the President as credible.
Newsflash – people can look at facts, make up their own minds, and still come to a different conclusion than you, without anyone else “forming their view.”
I know, astonishing, right?
 
Thanks for that bit of information, which I already knew by the way, but it really doesn’t address what I said.
 
Thanks for that bit of information, which I already knew by the way, but it really doesn’t address what I said.
Yes, it does specifically address what you said. You claimed that a poster has “allowed the leftist media to form” their view, rather than coming to their own conclusions.
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they let someone else “form their view.”
 
Fake stuff:
  • He did not shut the economy down. He kicked the problem to governors
  • There is no such thing as “gone to herd”
  • No one out of his administration and supporters considers us “doing great,” since we have terrible statistics.
  • Black people are not doing better now economically than at any other time. The wealth disparity has not increased much, but it remains at the high level it was, making this still the time with the greatest racial wealth disparity.
Other stuff
  • He still is obsessed with ratings, caring about his image at this time.
  • In response to when we will have one day testing, he said we can test too much.
  • He does not know the difference between sending out ballots and sending out applications.
  • He does not understand statistics.
On the positive side, he came across much more presidential and knowledgeable than he has in the past. He will appeal to his followers with this interview, and maybe others. After all, not everyone thinks critically if they like the way someone sounds.

This is my impression of the interview.
 
Anybody see JB this morning He was interviewed by a black host…
Ohhhh myyyyy,that poor man,he is so not up to the job of POTUS.😱
 
C’mon man…why would I get a cognitive test done? Did you get a test to be sure you weren’t high on cocaine before coming on the show,HUH,man?,Ohhh there’s more
 
Last edited:
I guess what gets me is when posters who clearly have a candidate they back have to insert their campaign positions, even when it means they go off topic, and there are plenty on both sides that do this. Then there is the tendency to make everything abortion or Nazis.

This interview was lengthy and there is a lot to unpack in this one topic.
C’mon man…why would I get a cognitive test done? Did you get a test to be sure you weren’t high on cocaine before coming on the show,HUH,man?,Ohhh there’s more
🤨
Are you alright?
 
You missed the point. If the racial wealth gap is at its highest point, then the statement that black people are better off financial than at any time is questionable at best. They are not better off financially.

Also, if one is to consider Catholicism, it is contrary to Catholic teaching on social justice.
 
Last edited:
But one person having more than another doesn’t matter if both have enough.

If the argument is that some people don’t have enough food/water/shelter to meet basic needs than that needs to be the argument.

Just living in the US and having a median income puts us in the top 1% globally. But that’s pretty meaningless in the grand scheme.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top