Weddings Gowns

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sarabande
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Kate’s dress. 🙂 DD and I got up early to watch the wedding live too…starting those mother daughter moments early. 😛

KG
 
I wished that Kate and William had gotten married years ago, because finding a modest dress for me would have been easier!

I have er, a bigger area:o if you ladies know what I mean, and it always bothered me that the clothing and undergarments bridal stores had emphasized things! I did not want to have the priest having to avert his eyes because of what I was wearing either. It was so difficult to find something with straps, and I had to have some cut and sewn on but they were not sufficient for my personal tastes.

Finding ANYTHING with sleeves or straps was difficult, and I hope that her Duchess’s dress will send the message to bridal designers that women don’t want to bare cleavage during their wedding ceremony, but only in the honeymoon suite!
 
I wished that Kate and William had gotten married years ago, because finding a modest dress for me would have been easier!
lol…me too! 😃 I used a dress made by a mormon company that I got on ebay! 😛

KG
 
lol…me too! 😃 I used a dress made by a mormon company that I got on ebay! 😛

KG
Would you mind sharing the name of the company? I’ve just recently started looking for a dress and am having some trouble. Everything is too revealing for me. :o

I’m hoping that the conservative wedding dress trend will catch on, but I’m not sure it will quickly enough for me!
 
Would you mind sharing the name of the company? I’ve just recently started looking for a dress and am having some trouble. Everything is too revealing for me. :o

I’m hoping that the conservative wedding dress trend will catch on, but I’m not sure it will quickly enough for me!
A simple Google search will reveal many options.
Search for:
modest wedding gowns
long sleeved wedding gowns
mormon wedding gowns

~Liza
 
Ha! According to the liberal media, sleeves on wedding dresses will now return to popularity after the royal wedding. There you go, it will now be popular because mainstream media said so. :dancing:
 
Ha! According to the liberal media, sleeves on wedding dresses will now return to popularity after the royal wedding. There you go, it will now be popular because mainstream media said so. :dancing:
Ah, you gotta love the media. :rolleyes:
 
I posted a pic in my profile of my wedding gown…it’s a copy of a picture…so not very clear.
Beautiful, Mary Gail!!! 🙂

I keep meaning to post mine and my Mom’s. Maybe when I have my little one down for a nap.
 
Sadly, Diana had no choice in her gown. It was chosen for her and I did not like it then or now. Kate’s dress was elegant and understated as are most of the clothes I have seen her in. And, unlike Diana, she was happy on her wedding day.
Here is a link to an interview with Elizabeth Emanuel, stating that it was very much Diana’s own choice (awful, poufy thing that it was…):
dresscodebygita.com/news/a-royal-wedding-chat-with-elizabeth-emanuel-london-april-27-2011/
 
Ha! According to the liberal media, sleeves on wedding dresses will now return to popularity after the royal wedding. There you go, it will now be popular because mainstream media said so. :dancing:
No, it’s because a well-known royal wore that dress. The main reason why WHITE is “the” wedding dress color has nothing to do with purity as many believe, but because Queen Victoria donned a white dress for her wedding day.
 
No, it’s because a well-known royal wore that dress. The main reason why WHITE is “the” wedding dress color has nothing to do with purity as many believe, but because Queen Victoria donned a white dress for her wedding day.
👍

That’s also why diamonds are the preferred stone for engagement rings. Some royal gave another royal a diamond ring instead of the usual ruby/sapphire/emerald. It started a trend.
 
Here is my mother’s gown. It was handmade in the Philippines, including the beading on the gown and train, the headpiece, etc., and my mom didn’t see it until a week before the wedding!!! I always loved her gown and had she not been so petite and tiny, I would have wanted to wear it for my wedding, with a few alterations. I used her train and we rearranged the headpiece so that it looked more like a wreath of flowers around my head.

Anyway, here they are.
 
My dress had lace sleeves and a collar similar to Princes Graces’. To be honest I’d have like to have something that truly covered my arms instead of see through lace but it was a gorgeous dress that took a lot of time to find and cost a pretty penny as well. It is a shame that it seemed like the only way to get a modest but pretty dress was to spend a fortune!
 
Here is my mother’s gown. It was handmade in the Philippines, including the beading on the gown and train, the headpiece, etc., and my mom didn’t see it until a week before the wedding!!! I always loved her gown and had she not been so petite and tiny, I would have wanted to wear it for my wedding, with a few alterations. I used her train and we rearranged the headpiece so that it looked more like a wreath of flowers around my head.

Anyway, here they are.
Hey your mom looks great on those pics. What stands out to me is her veil.
If I ever get married, Id love to have a big veil too… Its so romantic:)
 
Oooo!!! So beautiful!!!

~Liza
Beautiful, Mary Gail!!! 🙂

I keep meaning to post mine and my Mom’s. Maybe when I have my little one down for a nap.
Thank you both. 🙂

The catering hall where we had the reception had a gazebo…and the photographer insisted he wanted that shot. It was raining. While DH and I were dry, the photographer stood in the rain to get the picture.

It’s my favorite picture, I think, of the wedding.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top