What book are you reading? #1

  • Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that all?
I have other books, but those are on my quick list. I have been read St. Faustina’s Diary, but that is just a little at a time.

I do have the complete sets of Summa Theologica and Summa Contra Gentiles for some “light reading” if I get bored. 😃
 
Immunobiology: the Immune System in Health and Disease, 6th Edition, by Charles Janeway, et.al.

Yes, I have an exam this week. Fortunately it’s one of the more interesting and better-written textbooks I’ve used.
 
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. After that…Mick Foley’s Hardcore Diaries.
 
Benjamin Franklin: An American Life by Walter Isaacson

Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd

The Once and Future King by T.H. White

Above are the current books. Below are the books warming up to be read.
Chocolate (It’s kind of a history of chocolate. I’ll have to hold off until after Lent)

Gone With the Wind (It’s that time of year, one of my yearly novels)

Pride and Prejudice (Another yearly novel)
 
Mrs. Marty Mann, the first lady of Alcoholics Anonymous
By Sally Brown, et al
 
I’ve been stuck at home after surgery, so I’ve been doing lots of reading. I’m making my way through Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events. They are such fun books, his writing style is really entertaining. The only problem is, they’re very quick reads; I’ll have all 13 read in less than a week.
 
The Thackery Lambshead Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases. Excellent bedtime reading…
 
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Vern.
Screwtape Letters, and The Documents of Vatican II
Good for you! OFF TOPIC: I was at a discussion group last night. 59 men from my parish went to the Men of Christ Conference held in Wisconsin. Almost all of the men had a life-changing experience. So many men had talked positively about it that the pastor wanted to get us together and see if we wanted to create a men’s group in our parish. Well around 30 guys showed up. The first question was ‘What impressed you?’ Two guys shared and you could see all the heads nodding in agreement. The third guy up started with ‘I thought it was an abomination. They were trying to bring it back to pre-Vatican II’. Read that as it wasn’t all kumbayah. Allow me to name drop 3 of the speakers: Jesse Romero, Fr Larry Richards, Fr Rick Wendell. All orthodox speakers. And not to this one gentleman’s liking. He informed all of us ignoramuses that if we’d all just read the Vatican II documents that we’d see how theological unsound this whole conference was. :rolleyes:
 
Watchers by Dean Koontz
John Wayne, American by Randy Roberts and James Olsen
The Overlook by Michael Connelly
A Dangerous Beauty by Sophia Nash
 
Peter Kreeft - Making Sense out of Suffering (reading it over and over)
Peter Kreeft - Summa of the Summa (but not from cover to cover)
Peter Kreeft - Making Choices
Peter Kreeft - Handbook of Christian Apologetics
Scott Hahn - Lamb’s Supper (re-reading it)
Scott Hahn - Hail Holy Queen (re-reading it)
some Norman Geisler stuff

well, that’s enough for this post 🙂
 
Benjamin Franklin: An American Life by Walter Isaacson

Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd

The Once and Future King by T.H. White

Above are the current books. Below are the books warming up to be read.
Chocolate (It’s kind of a history of chocolate. I’ll have to hold off until after Lent)

Gone With the Wind (It’s that time of year, one of my yearly novels)

Pride and Prejudice (Another yearly novel)
Just bought today:

Joseph Ratzinger

Pope Benedict XVI

Jesus of Nazereth

😃

Got it at Target. The photo on the back of the book is nice, and says this under it:

“This book is…
My personal search ‘For the face of the Lord.’”
  • Benedict XVI
I am soo excited.
 
I am re-reading The Sacrament of the Present Moment by Jean Pierre de Caussade. It was on my bed somehow when I went to bed last night, and as I started looking through it and all the parts I had previously underlined, it just seemed like it is the book I should be reading right now.
 
Ordinary Work, Extraordinary Grace - Scott Hahn

Jesus of Nazareth - Pope Benedict
 
Ordinary Work, Extraordinary Grace - Scott Hahn

Jesus of Nazareth - Pope Benedict
How far have you gotten on Jesus of Nazereth? I am not reading it in order.

I went to the last chapter right off the bat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top