G
Started to read Winning Our Energy Independence by S. David Freeman and decided it was not worth reading (too leftist in nature and its scientific and engineering theories flawed). Replacing it with The Four Cardinal Virtues by Josef PieperFinished:
- Three Philosophies of Life by Peter Kreeft
- Sustainable Ethanol by Jeffrey Goettemoeller and Adrian Goettemoeller
- Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg
Starting on:- Winning Our Energy Independence by S. David Freeman
- A Refutation of Moral Relativism by Peter Kreeft
- The Curse of 1920 by Gary, D. Naler
Why notā¦I like Captain AmericaUmm⦠do comic books count?![]()
Um⦠well actually the comic books I read are more of the Japanese kind. ^^āWhy notā¦I like Captain America![]()
You bet!Umm⦠do comic books count?![]()
Glad to see that someone else isnt afraid of reading other books that are written by non Catholic authors.I like her books as wellā¦![]()
I like to think I have eclectic reading tastes and read almost anything.Glad to see that someone else isnt afraid of reading other books that are written by non Catholic authors.![]()
That wasnt meant to sound offensive if it did, I am very sorry. But I am glad that there are open minded people that will read anything to get themselves closer to God. I just got through reading a book by Cindi McMenamin called When God Pursues A Womans Heart and let me tell you, If you read that book, you will never ever think of God the same.I like to think I have eclectic reading tastes and read almost anything.
Kathy
I just finished āScoopā by Waugh, his satire on journalists during the Italian invasion of Ethiopia before WWII, and am now reading āAt War with Waugh, The Real Story of Scoopā by W. F. Deedes upon whom the main character in Scoop is VERY loosely based. Next in line is a new biography on Deedes.My wonderful discovery of Evelyn Waugh, great English novelist, led to his most famous book, Brideshead Revisited. The first impression was a chronicle of the decadent gentry in World War II England, but it is really about the anguish even upper class Catholics suffer through persecution by polite circles who are usually Episcopalian. It is also about the mysterious workings of Godās Grace in the life of a Catholic family and the main character, a non-Catholic and best friend of the youngest son in deep moral crisis in the troubled family. Many similarities to pressures and problems faced by American Catholics in a mainly Protestant country.