What book are you reading? #1

  • Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the middle of “Jawbreaker” – subtitle: “The Attack on Bin Laden and Al-qaeda: A personal account by the CIA’s Key Field Commander” by Gary Berntsen and Ralph Pezzullo.

This is a fantastic book. STRONGLY recommend getting it.

I “just happened” to hear the author on TV and immediately went out and got the book. Fabulous.

The CIA bottled up the book for six months and it took two court orders to pry it loose. Excellent, excellent, excellent.
 
Right now, I am trying to read God in the World by Pope Benedict. I have five books that are due to arrive next week. I have not decided yet whether to put this aside and read one of those.

PF
 
40.png
Baptista:
I finally finished Wolves of the Calla , and am now on King’s 6th book in The Dark Tower series, Song of Susannah .

Baptista - I’ve read the whole series. It’s pretty good except I didn’t like the ending of the last book. Oh well the journy was great…
 
40.png
Baptista:
I finally finished Wolves of the Calla , and am now on King’s 6th book in The Dark Tower series, Song of Susannah .
Baptista - I’ve read that series and really enjoyed it. The ending of the last book was a little disappointing. Other than that the journy was terrific…
 
God’s Choice by George Weigel.

Interesting to hear Weigel in an interview with Raymond Arroyo a few weeks ago saying that in about 2-3 years’ time he hopes to finish Witness to Hope, taking JPII’s story straight through to his death. Apparently he has some new information about Karol Wojtyla’s early years. When he’s done he expects it to be two volumes because it will be rather long.
 
Bwavenit said:
Bible.by you know who. 👍

“scripture matters” by Scott Hahn.
next is “everlasting man” by Chesterton

“Everlasting Man” great book. I had to read it a second time to begin to understand it. Will probably read the book again.
 
“Eternal Life” by Hans Kung, and I just ordered a copy of the Spandau Diaries, I am looking forward for them to arrive.
 
Al Masetti:
I’m in the middle of “Jawbreaker” – subtitle: “The Attack on Bin Laden and Al-qaeda: A personal account by the CIA’s Key Field Commander” by Gary Berntsen and Ralph Pezzullo.

This is a fantastic book. STRONGLY recommend getting it.

I “just happened” to hear the author on TV and immediately went out and got the book. Fabulous.

The CIA bottled up the book for six months and it took two court orders to pry it loose. Excellent, excellent, excellent.
I want to read Jawbreaker after I saw Gary Berntsen on Fox & Friends one morning. It looks very interesting and you’ve given it 3 excellent’s, so it must be good! Currently I am reading Mother Angelica, The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve and a Network of Miracles, by Raymond Arroyo. This is a fascinating read. What a life she has led! I admire her so much!
 
40.png
Lucania:
I want to read Jawbreaker after I saw Gary Berntsen on Fox & Friends one morning. It looks very interesting and you’ve given it 3 excellent’s, so it must be good! Currently I am reading Mother Angelica, The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve and a Network of Miracles, by Raymond Arroyo. This is a fascinating read. What a life she has led! I admire her so much!
This is funny… I finished reading Jawbreaker yesterday and even put a review on Amazon with a gross syntactical error :^( ].

And last evening I started reading … Mother Angelica by Raymond Arroyo!! I just finished the part about the second miracle and she just finished building the monastery.
 
Al Masetti:
This is funny… I finished reading Jawbreaker yesterday and even put a review on Amazon with a gross syntactical error :^( ].

And last evening I started reading … Mother Angelica by Raymond Arroyo!! I just finished the part about the second miracle and she just finished building the monastery.
:rotfl: Okay. Now I’m definately going to read “Jawbreaker”!!
 
Re: Jawbreaker… the author was on Bill O’Reilly last night; I was surfing and there he was.

My book review on Amazon already has 22 out of 22 people who liked the review.

By the way… I don’t usually say this because it arouses some wierd emotional responses, but I actually used to live in Peshawar Pakistan, right in the foot of the Hindu Kush mountains where OBL is hiding. Used to give tours of the Khyber Pass. AND by coincidence I ALSO was present up in 1WTC on 9/11… So… I have followed the current “situation” with more than merely casual interest…

Which is why I gave Jawbreaker such a strong endorsement. [Also sent Fox two emails] A superb book.

Strongly recommend using the book as a jumping off point for more research and reading and blogging and such.
 
Just finished reading THE TRANSFORMATION OF AMERICAN RELIGION: HOW WE ACTUALLY LIVE OUR FAITH by Alan Wolfe. This book validated what I have observed since Vatican II.

and currently reading…

**The Annotated Thursday: G.K. Chesterton’s Masterpiece, the Man Who Was Thursday (Paperback)
**by G. k. Chesterton, Martin Gardner (Editor)

AJC
 
“Shooter” by Jack Coughlin & Casey Kuhlman

subtitled “The autobiography of the top-ranked Marine sniper” about the role of snipers in Iraq and how the conventional wisdom can be evolved.
 
“One Bullet Away” by Nathaniel Fick. It’s about a Dartmouth graduate becoming a Marine Corps combat officer (infantry / recon) instead of going to Wall St.

**
 
My other self by Clarence J Enzler

A great book for meditation but I think it may be out of print.
 
Just finished “The Iraq War” by John Keegan. Very well done and a faster read than his earlier books.
 
Today:
East of Eden by John Steinbeck. For the 3rd time. I love this book.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top