What book are you reading? #1

  • Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
An absolutely beautiful book - Secrets of God: Writings of Hildegard of Bingen (translated and edited by Sabina Flanagan).

An amazing woman, amazing mystic, wrote glorious music as well - this is a very readable ‘highlights’ of Hildegard’s writings. 👍
 
That wasnt meant to sound offensive if it did, I am very sorry. But I am glad that there are open minded people that will read anything to get themselves closer to God. I just got through reading a book by Cindi McMenamin called When God Pursues A Womans Heart and let me tell you, If you read that book, you will never ever think of God the same.
My goodnes…no offense taken! I don’t like to limit myself to any one genre of reading. And thanks for the book tip!

Kathy
 
While waiting for my copy of Crossing the Threshold of Hope by Pope John Paul II…I’m reading Lightning by Dean Koontz 👍
 
Right now I’m in the middle of “Bliss” by O.Z. Livaneli for my book club and it’s a sad story about an innocent girl in Turkey.

Next I will read “7 Secrets of the Eucharist” by Vinny Flynn.
 
I just finished ‘Escape’ by Carolyn Jessup…excellent book…read it in days …in light of the polygamy situation its really informative
 
Starting “The Virtue Driven Life” by Father Benedict Groeschel, on a recommendation from my mom.
 
Just finished re-reading an oldie-but-goodie - Stephen King’s “Skeleton Crew”, a collection of what I think are his best short stories. Give it a try!
 
Just finished re-reading an oldie-but-goodie - Stephen King’s “Skeleton Crew”, a collection of what I think are his best short stories. Give it a try!
I’ve read it. 👍 It will be re-read again, if I live long enough. LOL. And someone on the last page mentioned Dean Koontz’s “Lightning”. Great book! Another one I want to re-read. And I found out recently that Stephen King’s two sons are published authors. I ordered a novel by one who goes by Joe Hill, called “Heart Shaped Box”.

But for now…I started Fell by David Clement-Davies today.
 
The Hand of God
by Bernard N. Nathanson, M.D.
(A journey from death to life by the abortion Doctor who changed his mind.)
 
Life and Holiness by Thomas Merton

My Summer Reading:

The Complete Stories, The Habit of Being, Wise Blood, Mystery and Manners: Occasional Prose - Flannery O’Connor

Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh

The Moviegoer, The Second Coming - Walker Percy

The Road to Cana - Anne Rice

The Life You Save May Be Your Own: An American Pilgrimage - Paul Elie

The Seven Storey Mountain - Thomas Merton
 
Hey! I read that about a month ago.

I started trying to collect every Koontz novel I could get my hands on. Found that one in a thrift store. 😃
Must be coincidence coz I also bought it a from a secondhand bookstore :D. They have LOTS of dean koontz novels here. I’d like to try his other books if they are as good as Lightning.

Somehow, I got the feeling that you are familiar with the word Pinoy…am I right? 😃
 
Must be coincidence coz I also bought it a from a secondhand bookstore :D. They have LOTS of dean koontz novels here. I’d like to try his other books if they are as good as Lightning.

Somehow, I got the feeling that you are familiar with the word Pinoy…am I right? 😃
Yes, but only because I Yahpoo’d it just now. 😛

Actually, I think many of Mr. Koontz’s books are even BETTA than lightning. Some of my favorites are the Odd Thomas and Christopher Snow series, and I LOVE One Door Away from Heaven, where DK directly addresses the consequences of secular humanism.

Now I’m about a third of the way into Tick-tock, which I long wanted to read.
 
I’ve read it. 👍 It will be re-read again, if I live long enough. LOL. And someone on the last page mentioned Dean Koontz’s “Lightning”. Great book! Another one I want to re-read. And I found out recently that Stephen King’s two sons are published authors. I ordered a novel by one who goes by Joe Hill, called “Heart Shaped Box”.

But for now…I started Fell by David Clement-Davies today.
Great! And just to add to the Stephen King love-fest - I just started his new one, “Duma Key”, and am surprised and pleased to report that so far it’s his best (and most coherent) novel in a long time - worth checking out! (which I did, from the library 👍 )
 
Still reading Joyce Meyer’s book Life Without Strife. It is a good book. Went last week to Half Price Books and found two more books by her as well as the one book by Christopher West that everyone on here said that I needed to get and read called The Good News About Sex And Marriage. The Two of Joyce Meyer is called " How to Hear From God" and “Pursuit Of Peace”.
 
Still reading Joyce Meyer’s book Life Without Strife. It is a good book. Went last week to Half Price Books and found two more books by her as well as the one book by Christopher West that everyone on here said that I needed to get and read called The Good News About Sex And Marriage. The Two of Joyce Meyer is called " How to Hear From God" and “Pursuit Of Peace”.
Joyce Meyers … Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone…I’m almost finished with it…very good:thumbsup:
 
Just started a book called “Crossed” Historical fiction about the 4th Crusade. Very enjoyable read.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top