What book are you reading? #1

  • Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raymond Arroyo’s first book about Mother Angelica is recorded, I don’t know about the second one. The first is read by the author, and I’m told he is really good.
 
I recently started reading a volume of St. Catherine of Siena’s letters (it’s the first volume to be published and there is supposed to be three more volumes to come). Her “Dialogue” really had an impact on me, and these letters seem just a good! Plus, besides being spiritually edifying, they have really interesting historical context. 👍
 
The Rebels of Ireland by Edward Rutherford and
The Cross and the Beatitudes: Lessons on Love and Forgiveness by Fulton J. Sheen
 
The Rule of Saint Benedict

and

The Good News About Sex and Marriage (by Christopher West)

NEXT: Sex and the Soul (Donna Freitas)
 
The Rule of Saint Benedict
I just read that, mainly because right before that I read The Cloister Walk.

Right now I’m reading a collection of Flannery O’Conner’s short stories and On the Unseriousness of Human Affairs: Teaching, Writing, Playing, Believing, Lecturing, Philosophizing, Singing, Dancing by James V. Schall.
 
Hi everyone-
I’m currently reading Conspiracy of Fools–By Kevin Eichenbald…he is a NY Times writer, who authored this book about Enron…it’s a long read, but really interesting. I’m on Chapter 3, and it’s hard to put down. It really shows how the whole Enron thing dates back 10 years prior to when the stock finally plummeted…

Have a good one !
 
Just finished: Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters
by Meg Meeker, MD
I read that a few months ago. Wonderful book, especially for a guy like me with two daughters!

I’m reading Pierced by a Sword, Conceived Without Sin, and House of Gold by Bud McFarlane. I got them from St. Jude’s Media for like $5. They are Catholic fiction; similar to the *Left Behind *books. Fun reads.

Oh, and Triumph, which is a single-volume history of the Catholic Church, which is long but good. I can’t remember the author off the top of my head. This is no-holds-barred history, which is cool since so much of the books telling the history of the Church are very critical. I’m loving it!
 
I just finished The Foundling and Other Tales of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander to finish off my Prydain readings
 
I’ve just finished rereading “Fundamentals of the Faith” by Peter Kreeft, and found it quite a lot better the second time around, as I’ve given considerably more thought to it.

It’s a fabulous book, and I recommend it highly.
 
My sons gave me a collection of GK Chesterton’s Father Brown Mysteries. Terrific reading:thumbsup:
 
I just bought No Price Too High by Alex Jones in a nice Catholic bookstore in Emmitsburg MD yesterday~so far so good:thumbsup:
 
STIFF The Interesting Life of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach –

I like the fact she actually called an arch-diocese for (name removed by moderator)ut on the crematoria chapter. As in: “would this be OK with the Catholic Church?”
 
STIFF The Interesting Life of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach –

I like the fact she actually called an arch-diocese for (name removed by moderator)ut on the crematoria chapter. As in: “would this be OK with the Catholic Church?”
:eek:

:hmmm: are you in the funeral business?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top