What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fr. Calloway’s Rosary book is awesome! I read it last year. The man’s conversion story is a powerful testament to what Our Lady and her Rosary do for us, to bring us ultimately to Jesus.

Just about done with ‘Remembering Belloc’ by Fr. James Schall. Then on to ‘Survivals and New Arrivals’ by Hilaire himself.

Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI

The Challenge of Jesus by NT Wright

The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

City of Thieves by David Benioff. Kinda meh so far but I’ve heard some good things about it so I’m willing to give it a try.

Hercule Poirot: The Complete Short Stories by Agatha Christie

…I have a bad habit of starting a bunch of books at once and not finishing them, but I’m hoping to finish all of these.

They Have Uncrowned Him - From Liberalism to Apostasy: The Conciliar Tragedy by Monseigneur Marcel Lefebvre

(“Will you help Me?”) “Handbook of Devotion to Divine Mercy”

So, am I right to suppose that my old thread had some influence on your choice?
Is it good?

What’s the name of the book, please? I love her!
It’s a Brazilian book published by a small Brazilian “traditional” publishing house, so… As far as I know they don’t translate their books to other languages.

Gravity’s Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon, still finishing Drawn Into the Mystery of Jesus by Jean Vanier.

Also reading the collected poems of Wallace Stevens but not consistently.

Last edited:
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King, and A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament by Brant Pitre & John Bergsma.

Also, 40 Dreams of St. John Bosco.

Last edited:
How To Read Every Body - by a ex-FBI agent - on body language. Pretty good so far.

Good to know!
But hey, is it good or not?
Well , I’m enjoying it .

It gives good , firsthand information about how things were for Catholics , especially priests , in those times .

It also prompts me to realise how much I now take things for granted . Things people lost and risked their lives for .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back