By Merrill D. Peterson

Why Are We Here?, by Laurence Freeman, OSB

and

The Cave of the Heart, by Shirley du Boulay

Live Not by Lies: a manual for Christian dissidents
by Rod Dreher

Eternity in the Midst of Time
by Fr. Wilfrid Stinissen, OCD

I’ve been unfortunately spending much time reading COVID related medical studies.

Initially I was looking for leads about protective strategies. However it very sadly became clear there are many studies designed to fail, designed to deceive about potentially helpful old, inexpensive medications and supplements–vitamin D, zinc, vitamin C, etc.

For example this is a discussion about the huge flaws of the PCR test system and how they are being used or abused to promote fear, lockdowns and greater acceptance of a poorly tested vaccine.
40.png
Controversy Surrounding COVID PCR Test False-Positives Social Justice
Half of the positive PCR test results from some labs may actually be false-positives—reference below. This issue will fuel speculation that authorities on the political left are abusing PCR test flaws to justify lockdowns and to justify mail-in ballots that are easier to manipulate. The added fear in the public from the additional “cases” may make people more accepting of hastily tested vaccines, a potential boon for Big Pharma. An assistant professor of epidemiology at Harvard Medical Schoo…
This site lists many very encouraging studies of vitamin D. In one study vitamin D treatments nearly eliminated the need for ICU admission.

I can highly recommend Fr Wilfrid Stinissen´s books. I found some of them at my local library and read them when I was in the process of becoming a Catholic. They are easy to read and understand even for those who are not Catholics or even Christians.

I haven’t read it, but yes I remember their involvement in Freemasonry: at least Ma and Mary were active members of the Eastern Star. Not sure about Laura. My Lutheran relatives around the turn of last century were also active members of the Eastern Star.

I love Abby Johnson–I follow her Facebook site. She does phenomenal work.

I can highly recommend Fr Wilfrid Stinissen´s books. I found some of them at my local library and read them when I was in the process of becoming a Catholic. They are easy to read and understand even for those who are not Catholics or even Christians.
I agree. This is the first book by Father Stinissen that I’ve read and am enjoying it very much and do recommend the book.

In fact, it’s so good that I ordered Father Stinissen’s newest book from Ignatius Press, The Word is Very Near You, along with Peter Kreeft’s new book Wisdom of the Psalms and Father Robert Spitzer’s new book Christ vs. Satan in Our Daily Lives.

I have that book. The only thing that upset me was his anti-Byzantine remarks but then again things were different 80+ years ago.

I believe Carrie’s husband owned the mine that gave the Mt. Rushmore land to the government.

IIRC Louis de Wohl also wrote a novel about St. Catherine of Siena (can’t remember the title though). I used to have that too. It was literally an I-can’t-put-this-down book.

Lay Siege to Heaven: A Novel about Saint Catherine of Siena.
I’ll put it on my to read list.
His book: The Last Crusader: A Novel about Don Juan of Austria is another ‘can’t put it down book’.

Lay Siege to Heaven: A Novel about Saint Catherine of Siena.
That’s it! Oh thank you - I was racking my brain and couldn’t remember it. Seriously, it’s fantastic. There’s one part which I really love but I won’t ruin it for you. Hint: it’s in the first few chapters of the book. 😉

I’ll have to look into the one on Don Juan of Austria.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back