What can I get my wife for Christmas? Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter mkipp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion for a girls weekend for my wife has fallen apart, as she or her friends cannot find similar times that they are available. Back to looking for ideas.
 
Shoot! Did she at least like the idea? (I personally loved it!)
 
She loved the idea, but with trying to fit everyones schedule it is impossible, as we all have babies now. I keep looking at Amazon for ideas, but nothing.
 
I am thinking of getting my wife a room at a hotel for her and her friends in our old college city of Portland, Me. I will pay for all dinner and drinks, hotel and breakfast. Is that a good idea?
Add some chick flick DVDs if you have money left over. While she’s out, do the chores and have the place spotless with the laundry done when she returns. Also, have a fancy, but not heavy, meal plan for the evening return that involves as little work and prep time as possible (unless you can work on it while she’s gone) with quick clean up afterward. Make sure a light wine fits in the mix. Swallow your tongue and enjoy a chick flick with her.

Warning: may cause pregnancy.
goodness gracious… can one person really DO all this??? i can’t, and I’m the wife/mom!
 
Consider a very small digital camera like the Canon Power Shot or the Nikon Cool Pix. A small digital camera would be great to capture the cute episodes in the life of a new baby.
 
I second the idea of a camera if she doesn’t already have one. Along those lines, perhaps a couple of really nice photo albums or scrapbooking albums? And to include some scheduled time away/off, how about a local scrapbooking class at a specified time each week where your wife could get out of the house, work on getting all the photos under control and just relax with other moms? You can’t go wrong with anything that brings back beautiful memories.

You might want to print out something that you write up on the computer and stick it in one of the scrapbooks to make it more concrete than just telling her that you will commit to her “time off.”

Time by herself may even just come as simply as having a room in the house and being able to go there with no interruptions allowed unless it is an emergency. I remember years ago reading about a couple that had an agreement that they would allow each other a certain amount of time each day after work to “decompress.” They wore a hat, like a baseball hat or whatever you choose. If the hat was on, the whole family knew it was that person’s “time” and came back later. (No fair wearing it all night though!)

I loved and have been the recipient of the coupon idea btw, and it is a lovely idea. (especially when it comes from a child…)
 
**A spa package immediately comes to mind (massage, pedicure, hairstyle). **Is there anything she enjoys that she doesn’t get to do that often? For example, I love hockey and plays, so those are always great gifts for me…

This site has a long, detailed list of “clutter-free” gift suggestions.
flylady.net/pages/ClutterFreeGiftsW.asp
OHMAHGAWSH!

lemme tell you…Augusta NAILED it with this one…spa package- for reals…

ESPECIALLY if shes a new mom- my Lord, my BACK was KILLING me for MONTHS…a massage…a pedicure with a good foot scrub/rub…

oh I’m SO jealous right now…get her the spa package…a GOOD one…oh I’m jealous…that mighta just ruined my morning…ugh! oh your wife would loooooOOOOoooove you for that one! 😃
 
We bought a new camera just recently because we wanted the best camera for baby photos. I think that I am going to give her a gift cert to a spa and a gift cert to her favorite clothing store and she can have the day to herself and I will watch the baby. How does this sound? Also, thanks for all the advice. God Bless.
 
We bought a new camera just recently because we wanted the best camera for baby photos. I think that I am going to give her a gift cert to a spa and a gift cert to her favorite clothing store and she can have the day to herself and I will watch the baby. How does this sound? Also, thanks for all the advice. God Bless.
Sounds like Husband of the YEAR! 👍👍👍

Have a Merry Christmas and God bless you both!
 
We bought a new camera just recently because we wanted the best camera for baby photos. I think that I am going to give her a gift cert to a spa and a gift cert to her favorite clothing store and she can have the day to herself and I will watch the baby. How does this sound? Also, thanks for all the advice. God Bless.
Sounds great, but don’t forget to provide for a nice lunch somewhere.🙂 Some spas provide this in some packages, at least around here they do.
 
It sounds like your wife is the kind of woman who would enjoy a spa+shopping day. She can buy some things that are “practical” and will get some time to herself to come home feeling refreshed. 🙂
 
She really is a great wife and mother, and I just wanted to get her something nice. All of your suggestions have helped. Since having our first baby in July she has been so busy, and I don’t think she has a had a day being work free or baby free yet.
 
We bought a new camera just recently because we wanted the best camera for baby photos. I think that I am going to give her a gift cert to a spa and a gift cert to her favorite clothing store and she can have the day to herself and I will watch the baby. How does this sound? Also, thanks for all the advice. God Bless.
sounds awesome! What a nice and thoughtful husband:thumbsup:
 
Does she like to read? If so, I HIGHLY recommed the Kindle 2. It is easy to carry around, saves on having a ton of books taking up space not to mention it saves the trees. I absolutely LOVE it. I even have the Bible on mine.

A cleaning service for the home is also an awesome gift. I have one and it leaves me more time to spend with my family, friends or just some alone time.

Does she do any type of fiber arts such as spinning, crocheting or knitting or any other type of crafts?
 
I suggested this for my wife, but she likes to have the books in her hand. I am hoping that I get a Kindle. She does not do anything crafty.
 
I remember the year my dad did this - mom did not talk to him for about 6 weeks - she finally warmed up then Valentine’s Day came. Dad wanted to make up for his Christmas gift debaucle, he figured she was upset that he bought the wrong thing - so, he bought her a shop-vac. Poor dad.
This literally did make me LOL!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
We bought a new camera just recently because we wanted the best camera for baby photos. I think that I am going to give her a gift cert to a spa and a gift cert to her favorite clothing store and she can have the day to herself and I will watch the baby. How does this sound? Also, thanks for all the advice. God Bless.
I love what you have decided on and I think just the fact that you’re thinking so much about what to get her says a lot in itself. 👍
 
We bought a new camera just recently because we wanted the best camera for baby photos. I think that I am going to give her a gift cert to a spa and a gift cert to her favorite clothing store and she can have the day to herself and I will watch the baby. How does this sound? Also, thanks for all the advice. God Bless.
Just to throw out another suggestion, perhaps a handheld video camera would be an idea (if not for now, then at least for the future). My wife really wanted one this Christmas because the video camera we have is so inconvenient to get out in order to capture those spontaneous kid moments. And the video function of our regular digital camera doesn’t give you very high quality videos on a larger screen (because it’s designed for still photos).

I was unaware such a thing existed, but there’s a whole market of pocket camcorders out there (like the Kodak Zi8 or the Flip Video camcorders or even the newest iPon Nano). I think mostly such devices appeal to those who love constantly uploading videos on YouTube and Facebook. But they’re good for parents of young children, too. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top